Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What good quality track lug nuts can y'all recommend

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Muteki are nice but don't get the spline drive version.
+1

Also, unless you installed extended lug studs I would stick with their shorter SR35 lugs instead of the longer (and heavier) SR45/48s, which are necessary with the longer studs. ;)

EDIT; Just noticed your other thread asking about the long ARPs, so then yes, you would need the SR45/48 Mutekis with those installed.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
+1

Also, unless you installed extended lug studs I would stick with their shorter SR35 lugs instead of the longer (and heavier) SR45/48s, which are necessary with the longer studs. ;)

EDIT; Just noticed your other thread asking about the long ARPs, so then yes, you would need the SR45/48 Mutekis with those installed.
Yes I'm doing long studs. I already ordered the muteki . So I'm trying to trak down some rounded arp studs as of now

Thanks for your input gentlemen!!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yes I'm doing long studs. I already ordered the muteki . So I'm trying to trak down some rounded arp studs as of now

Thanks for your input gentlemen!!
i have both the studs and Muteki on the site + 5% off w/ FIST5 forum member code

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/arp-extended-wheel-studs-2014-fiesta-st

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/muteki-sr48-open-end-tuner-lug-nuts-set-of-20

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Those are EXACTLY the 'splined' lugs we are saying NOT to get. [nono]

I know at least 15 members will now come on here to defend them, and claim they had them on their FiST for 5+ years, and their Honduh for 10 before that, with no problems, but I personally do NOT trust them, especially not for open track use! ;)

I know at least 15 members will now come on here to defend them, and claim they had them on their FiST for 5+ years, and their Honduh for 10 before that, with no problems, but I personally do NOT trust them, especially not for open track use! ;)
I’ve a set of those... not installed. Do they break easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

Oh I thought you were all taking about the splined Muteki lugs. What's wrong with splined lugs?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's not the Gorilla brand per se, as I do not even trust the Muteki splined lugs, or ANY other, for that matter, and avoid them like the plague, no matter HOW 'reputable/high quality' a company.

I just do NOT trust those splines to be able to handle repeated, multiple cycles of 100 lb. ft. of torque from removal/installs (NOPE, not even if; heat treated, case through hardened, etc., etc.).
Just as I would not even consider ANY aluminum alloy lugs of ANY form (heat treated GR5 6Al-4V titanium ye$$, but NO Duraluminum!)

But use them if you feel confident, they may just perform to perfection for you. ;)

OP
S
Thread Starter #14

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
My issue with spline drive lugs in past has been the tools going bad. Had a muteki one crack on me day before track event. There was no where to get one so had to bend it back round and weld it up so could make event.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It was a funny read to me with the voice I was using in my head. Now that I’ve read again, it seems to have lost its luster. Maybe it was edited, I don’t know, but it’s not funny anymore. No worries.
OK, I was just curious, NOT blasting anyone for giving justified criticism. ;)