Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Test drove a new 2017 FiST yesterday

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
OMG, I am getting absolutely hammered for giving my opinion here... [thumbdown]

I think I said this before, but I guess I need to repeat it. About 80% of the time, I am driving in a 2003 Mini. That's a 15 year old car. If that's what you call an affirmation of my wealth and success, so be it.

I have to say, I regularly participate in numerous car enthusiast forums, and have for over 10 years:

BMW 2 Addicts
Camaro 6 gen
Mustang 6 gen
Mustang Source
Mini North American Motoring
Focus RS org

This forum is quite different than the others in that [some] folks here don't welcome opposing viewpoints, or what they perceive as opposing viewpoints. I don't know how many ways I can say this - I LIKED THE FIESTA ST. And yet, I'm getting beat up for criticizing its interior.
I think [MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION] was just agreeing with speed_easy that the FiST interior is very basic; almost to the point of being bland. He recognizes this, and is willing to admit it.

I honestly don’t think M-Sport fan is bashing you here.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
OMG, I am getting absolutely hammered for giving my opinion here... [thumbdown]

I think I said this before, but I guess I need to repeat it. About 80% of the time, I am driving in a 2003 Mini. That's a 15 year old car. If that's what you call an affirmation of my wealth and success, so be it.

I have to say, I regularly participate in numerous car enthusiast forums, and have for over 10 years:

BMW 2 Addicts
Camaro 6 gen
Mustang 6 gen
Mustang Source
Mini North American Motoring
Focus RS org

This forum is quite different than the others in that [some] folks here don't welcome opposing viewpoints, or what they perceive as opposing viewpoints. I don't know how many ways I can say this - I LIKED THE FIESTA ST. And yet, I'm getting beat up for criticizing its interior.
I think [MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION] was just agreeing with speed_easy that the FiST interior is very basic; almost to the point of being bland. He recognizes this, and is willing to admit it.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I think your getting so called beat up because you are being picky about the interior of a cheap econobox car. I'm glad ford didn't spend more money on the interior and jack the price up. The first thing I looked for when test drove mine was the performance. I didn't focus on anything else about it and didn't really care. If your concerned about flashy interior I really don't think this is the right car as myself and others have said.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Absolutely correct! [thumb]

In fact I was directing those sentiments towards any/everyone (including past, present, and even future FiST owners) who thinks that an <$20K economy car's interior has to match a Maybach's or such.

As far as I'm concerned, the driver's seat, steering wheel, shifter, and pedals are the ONLY things that matter in an interior, and they can ALL be changed out to something 'better' if needs be, in our cars.
I have NO need, nor any desire whatsoever to be coddled in luxurious 'fine leathers', and bells and whistles dashboards/controls and the like. [nono]
In fact, the more spartan, sparse, lightweight, and 'race car-like' the interior, the more I like it!

As far as identifying those who have a compulsive need to show, express, and try to impress others either "below" (or even equal to) themselves in SES, with their; wealth, status, and success, I reserve that 'dissing' for all of the 'rolling fur coat' pilots around this FILTHY affluent area who drive their AMG Mercs, Audi S7s, Cayenne Turbo GTSes and the like at 'afraid of their own shadows granny speeds' (15 MPH BELOW the posted limits).

Ironically, in this area THOSE statusmobiles mentioned above are as common as dirt, whereas the 'lowly' FiST is an extreme rarity, so the joke's on them. ;)
Even after dropping their $85K+ on their drivable solid gold Rolexes, in order to 'keep up with the [other] Thurston Howell the 5ths', they 'pass themselves' in an identical car, at least 50 times a day. LOL

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=7045]Wjones14[/MENTION] - Hope you don't mind the off-topic, but think of it this way. Some people marry their cars. [wink]

Ordinarily talking about another car wouldn't be in any way threatening and make for good conversation. But... take into account that 2017 appears to be the last year for the Fiesta ST line. Maybe for some, it's like somebody talking about how pretty their wife is, when you just found out that yours has a terminal illness?

Think you'll be comparing a Mini to Focus ST? The car has too much ass... don't think so. We're still hoping that Ford hasn't really killed off this *perfectly* sized car for North America. "Domestic" name plates have had a severe problem with not advertising any of the smaller line vehicles that they're dragged (kicking and screaming) into manufacturing. So when they don't sell, they act surprised and scale back investment, choice. Gas prices then spike, which again spurs more investment, choice. They avoid advertising anything but their larger vehicles, they don't sell, so again, scale back on investment and choice. Rinse and repeat. Local car companies and voters, seem to have a short memory. The marketing departments for the other companies seem to get it.