Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What should I do?

I ordered an atp catless downpipe and already received my mbrp catback. I was going to do both installs at once on Thursday. But until then I was thinking should I paint my catback gloss black? And If I do should i paint the whole catback to keep it from rusting or just the polished tips?

I also have a stratified premium/e30 tune currently I’m going to have the tune redone for the downpipe engine light but I was considering adding the crackles. How are the experiences with the crackles? Remember ill be running a catless 3in turboback system.

Thanks everyone in advance!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I ordered an atp catless downpipe and already received my mbrp catback. I was going to do both installs at once on Thursday. But until then I was thinking should I paint my catback gloss black? And If I do should i paint the whole catback to keep it from rusting or just the polished tips?

I also have a stratified premium/e30 tune currently I’m going to have the tune redone for the downpipe engine light but I was considering adding the crackles. How are the experiences with the crackles? Remember ill be running a catless 3in turboback system.

Thanks everyone in advance!
Better make sure the paint is temperature rated before you paint....you don't wanna have a car-B-que.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
What level system is it?
Aluminimized

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The crackles are from running rich, which will use up the catalyst in the converter quicker

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
He's running a catcon-less system/DP. ;)

At this point, for me personally, I would ONLY even think about Cerakoting exhaust components, even though yes, it IS BUCK$$$
I am now sorry I did not Cerakote the whole CP-E Nexus system glacier black, instead of just the tail pipe section. [:(]

I painted my aluminized MBRP with flat black BBQ paint to help it survive Ohio winters. So far so good. I did leave the tips polished though.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
are you painting it because you live in an area prone to rust? if not, then leave it alone and just throw it on there. i would avoid the crackle/pop tune. you will lose 0.007mpg.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If Adrian 96 lives right on the water, and actually gets breakers spraying near the car, then that would be the ONLY way that he would have to worry about even an aluminized system rusting out on him.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Lmao good one buddy 😂 ofcourse i would use high temperature paint

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
So to answer everyones questions. I bought the aluminized catback. I live in south florida and my house is half a mile from a marina. So im often close to the sea salt water. I figured since i went with the aluminum kit it would rust easily so just to protect the system and have it looking good under the car. And yes im going to be running a Catless downpipe so thats why i wasnt too worried about running crackles as long as theirs no other downflaws besides damaging my non existent cats and loosing a miniscule amount of mpg.
I was considing painting my catback a high temp flat black paint and the tips. Sanding them down a bit. Prime them. And do gloss black tips.

DaveG99

Dont paint your exhaust. Just put it on and go. You live in Florida so there wont be any salt and nasty roads to rust things out.