Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New tune version 4.0 available!

Trader history for danbfree (0)

redmoe

I purchased the 93/e30 flash tunes from you guys back I'm february. I since installed my cpe intake and I'm about to install my ngk step colder plugs gapped ag .025 and at that time I'll send for my data log refinement I've already paid for because I'm pretty sure there's more power left on the table my fuel seems very good and my e85 tests 85% I always say at +2-4 across the board and oar stays at -1.0 and my afr is between the low 11s to the mid to higher 11s all the way through the rpm band...it's a tad on the rich side and there's room to improve going leaner I'm sure and still be safe.

My question is would I have to pay more money to get v4 with my refinement or could I get that with the refinement I've already paid for? I would like to have v4 e30 with the high torque option. I love my stratified tune and id love to make these changes and get my refinement to make it even better. If Alex@Stratified could let me know something that would be awesome.

Cliff notes: already paid for refinement I haven't got yet and want v4 and high torque e30 would I need to pay more in addition to what I've already paid to get this when I send for my refinement.
I would give them a call they are very responsive over the phone.

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] I asked the question via email and got an affirmative response for th v3 tune, but can you please clarify if the AP v3 with your 4.0 tune is compatible with a 2018 model? The order page still only lists up to 2017.

Thanks in Advance!

I got my 4.0 tune last night and flashed it this morning. It is with traction control and aggressive throttle mapping.

First the bad news (for me). It has been raining for days and continues to rain. My stock Pilot Sport tires put up a heroic effort, but they can't work miracles.

Initial impressions - niiiiiieeeece. First change, I can easily get into mid 26 psi. Previously I'd be in mid-high 25s. But now at WOT in third, I rapidly get past 26. Maybe the aggressive throttle mapping piece. The traction control is definitely working - but much like my tires - won't work miracles. It is wet out and I'm now asking my tires to do even more than before. I skidded around a bit, but not as much as I would have without any TC.

I didn't have a ton of time to drive this morning. But one thing that I'm pretty sure of - they have messed with the revs/rev hang. And in a good way. 1-2 shift was much smoother than usual, even if I ran 1st gear up high and went into 2nd pretty hard. And across all gears shifts just seemed to smooth out (not from my clutch-work). Maybe just my imagination. Interested to hear if anyone else notices something similar. Didn't see that in their 4.0 notes.

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] I asked the question via email and got an affirmative response for th v3 tune, but can you please clarify if the AP v3 with your 4.0 tune is compatible with a 2018 model? The order page still only lists up to 2017.

Thanks in Advance!
Yes it should world fine for the 2018 models.

I purchased the 93/e30 flash tunes from you guys back I'm february. I since installed my cpe intake and I'm about to install my ngk step colder plugs gapped ag .025 and at that time I'll send for my data log refinement I've already paid for because I'm pretty sure there's more power left on the table my fuel seems very good and my e85 tests 85% I always say at +2-4 across the board and oar stays at -1.0 and my afr is between the low 11s to the mid to higher 11s all the way through the rpm band...it's a tad on the rich side and there's room to improve going leaner I'm sure and still be safe.

My question is would I have to pay more money to get v4 with my refinement or could I get that with the refinement I've already paid for? I would like to have v4 e30 with the high torque option. I love my stratified tune and id love to make these changes and get my refinement to make it even better. If Alex@Stratified could let me know something that would be awesome.

Cliff notes: already paid for refinement I haven't got yet and want v4 and high torque e30 would I need to pay more in addition to what I've already paid to get this when I send for my refinement.
You would need to pay for the HT option itself, a standard datalog refinement can't be used for the HT option as more work is going into the HT option than a normal log refinement.

LILIKE16ST

You would need to pay for the HT option itself, a standard datalog refinement can't be used for the HT option as more work is going into the HT option than a normal log refinement.
That is fine I will pay for the HT option and do the refinement as well...so the HT option is all I need to pay for...the update to 4.0 would happen automatically with the refinement? Thanks for the response. I love my e30 tune I can only imagine how good it's going to be with this 4.0 update and the HT option. I am a huge fan of stratified and I'm a true believer now. The driveability is every bit as good as the power if not better it's ultra smooth and hard to believe it can be improved upon but it's awesome that it can be. I am going to get this refinement update and I may pay for another one too that way it's basically a custom tune...I wanna make sure the car is running as good as it can for the fuel and mods I'm running. There's room to play now I'm getting +2-+4 corrections across the board under WOT and my afr goes from low to mid 11s and it'll get as high as 11.7-11.8 very briefly sometimes but it's mostly in the lower 11s under wot. My OAR stays at -1.0 of course all indications show there's room for power. I can hit 26 psi as it sits. My e85 measures at 85% and that was during winter blend season (February) and my 93 seems healthy too there's room for safe power on the table no doubt. I'm pumped...I just gotta track down a thin walled 5/8" socket to install my new step colder ngks with so I can take some logs and get this under way.

That is fine I will pay for the HT option and do the refinement as well...so the HT option is all I need to pay for...the update to 4.0 would happen automatically with the refinement? Thanks for the response. I love my e30 tune I can only imagine how good it's going to be with this 4.0 update and the HT option. I am a huge fan of stratified and I'm a true believer now. The driveability is every bit as good as the power if not better it's ultra smooth and hard to believe it can be improved upon but it's awesome that it can be. I am going to get this refinement update and I may pay for another one too that way it's basically a custom tune...I wanna make sure the car is running as good as it can for the fuel and mods I'm running. There's room to play now I'm getting +2-+4 corrections across the board under WOT and my afr goes from low to mid 11s and it'll get as high as 11.7-11.8 very briefly sometimes but it's mostly in the lower 11s under wot. My OAR stays at -1.0 of course all indications show there's room for power. I can hit 26 psi as it sits. My e85 measures at 85% and that was during winter blend season (February) and my 93 seems healthy too there's room for safe power on the table no doubt. I'm pumped...I just gotta track down a thin walled 5/8" socket to install my new step colder ngks with so I can take some logs and get this under way.
You would need to purchase the Tune Update option and then within it you can choose the HT option. If you're getting those positive corrections consistently there's definitely room for power.

I installed today,

My impressions on the 4.0 is it pulls a lot harder through all gears. Much more torque through the gears. Top end seems to be improved also. 5th is more improved. Go flat out in 6th and your at 120 in no time. Although I'm getting a large boost or throttle delay when going into 2nd between 3200rpm and 3600rpm with the throttle pinned, then just lets go. Maybe its the car relearning, I do not know. Anybody else experience this? Will call Stratified on Monday to inquire about this.

The car is definitely on another level. Worth it!

I installed today,

My impressions on the 4.0 is it pulls a lot harder through all gears. Much more torque through the gears. Top end seems to be improved also. 5th is more improved. Go flat out in 6th and your at 120 in no time. Although I'm getting a large boost or throttle delay when going into 2nd between 3200rpm and 3600rpm with the throttle pinned, then just lets go. Maybe its the car relearning, I do not know. Anybody else experience this? Will call Stratified on Monday to inquire about this.

The car is definitely on another level. Worth it!

Nice to hear (except for the throttle delay part), which fuel are you on? If E30, did you select the high torque option?

Nice to hear (except for the throttle delay part), which fuel are you on? If E30, did you select the high torque option?
I'm on the 91 octane tune. I did a lot of stop start pulls and freeway runs to test this tune. Will test again Monday to see if the delay is still there. Its the only hiccup in the tune I can see. All other gears pull strong. Will update again on Monday.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
I'm on the 91 octane tune. I did a lot of stop start pulls and freeway runs to test this tune. Will test again Monday to see if the delay is still there. Its the only hiccup in the tune I can see. All other gears pull strong. Will update again on Monday.
I notice this on version 3.1 as well, it may be a stock ECU limit or something, but interesting and good to hear it's worth the upgrade!

redmoe

Just got my high torque file as part of the v4 update haven’t had a chance to run it yet but I noticed the file name still had v3.1 in it. I was wondering if they do the high torque refinement on the old version then make the final update v4? I will give them a call tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this?

Just got my high torque file as part of the v4 update haven’t had a chance to run it yet but I noticed the file name still had v3.1 in it. I was wondering if they do the high torque refinement on the old version then make the final update v4? I will give them a call tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this?
My v4 update did not have 3.1 in the name. STRATIFIED Pump FT FiST V4.00.NEC.STC.AGR - Jason **** - Order #####

Even though I paid for a version update, that is a new order number. And based on filling out the form, it was basically paying the $25 for a revised flash tune. So probably follows the same process on their end. My money is on them just not naming the file correctly.

redmoe

My v4 update did not have 3.1 in the name. STRATIFIED Pump FT FiST V4.00.NEC.STC.AGR - Jason **** - Order #####

Even though I paid for a version update, that is a new order number. And based on filling out the form, it was basically paying the $25 for a revised flash tune. So probably follows the same process on their end. My money is on them just not naming the file correctly.
I am guessing mine may have been different since I order the high torque which requires a refinement log. They usually send me the form that you are referring to but this time they went straight into requesting logs. I still need to send in the post refinement logs so I am hoping that is when I will get the v4 update.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
I'm curious what their turn around time is for just the update to an existing tune... they have great stuff at great prices so it's worth the wait, just curious if they are a little busy now with this new version out and I'm looking at like 4 full business days like my original tune...

I'm curious what their turn around time is for just the update to an existing tune... they have great stuff at great prices so it's worth the wait, just curious if they are a little busy now with this new version out and I'm looking at like 4 full business days like my original tune...
I've ordered and received two updates this month (first one was due to new parts, second was for 4.0). First one was ordered May 1st and received may 7 (4 business days). The second one was ordered May 12th and received may 17th (4 business days).

So - for me at least this month - they have been right at four. So that would be my estimate for anyone ordering the same. My guess is that is the SLA they are trying to hold.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
I've ordered and received two updates this month (first one was due to new parts, second was for 4.0). First one was ordered May 1st and received may 7 (4 business days). The second one was ordered May 12th and received may 17th (4 business days).

So - for me at least this month - they have been right at four. So that would be my estimate for anyone ordering the same. My guess is that is the SLA they are trying to hold.
OK, at least I know what to expect and that isn't too bad, thanks for the quick feedback.

Going over the specs, is this a good tune for people running regular (87 octane) fuel?
which tune affects MPG in a positive way (running regular)?