Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New tires needed. Help me pick!

A7xogg

This I find very hard to believe, since they are not even an UHP all season, but an all out, warm weather ONLY, SUMMER performance tire. [???:)]
Well we're talking 5-6" max of Virginia winter not pa winters. Summer tires don't have to do winter tests since their classified as summer tires but they work fine for the winters of Virginia. And all season tires are a bad gimmick, j.s.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
With or without chains?
Well we're talking 5-6" max of Virginia winter not pa winters. Summer tires don't have to do winter tests since their classified as summer tires but they work fine for the winters of Virginia. And all season tires are a bad gimmick, j.s.
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Softer sidewall than the Indy500s or Sport Comp 2? I was thinking these tires are supposed to offer more performance..

Weird, are we talking about the same tires? lol. These are sticky performance tires, like one step down from the RE-71R's. No way should they be used for snow, and I doubt tires in this category would be good in snow... They are strictly summer tires.
My bad. I was referring to the ExtremeContact DWS, not the track one. DWS = Dry, Wet, Snow

AzNightmare

Yeah..... lol.

I'm talking about the ExtremeContact sport
The one that competes with the PSS. lol

i would suggest since you are getting new tires, step up to a 215 for your summer tire and look at something like the falken 615k+ lots of grip to be had, and the price point is reasonable!

AzNightmare

i would suggest since you are getting new tires, step up to a 215 for your summer tire and look at something like the falken 615k+ lots of grip to be had, and the price point is reasonable!
I think the Falken 615K will be overkill for me. I don't intend to autoX or track my car so the low wear grade won't be ideal for me. And also the wet traction won't be up to my satisfaction since I intend to use it daily, and it can rain quite a bit in spring and fall when I'll still have these on my car.

I think the Falken 615K will be overkill for me. I don't intend to autoX or track my car so the low wear grade won't be ideal for me. And also the wet traction won't be up to my satisfaction since I intend to use it daily, and it can rain quite a bit in spring and fall when I'll still have these on my car.
Id go for the BFG sport comp 2!