Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you tuned a C39? Which turbo reacts better to the tuning process? Is one easier to tune than the other?

Here is a X37 car that i tuned over the weekend.

stage 3 bolt ons and e30 for fuel. No meth no aux

x37 E30 by Russell Culver, on Flickr
What gear are you dynoing in? I just did three runs tonight. One run i did in 4th since I was told it was closer to 1-1 and I saw an increase in power over the 3rd gear pulls. X-37 Full bolt ons except cat.

Btw- loving the intercooler/bar.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
What gear are you dynoing in? I just did three runs tonight. One run i did in 4th since I was told it was closer to 1-1 and I saw an increase in power over the 3rd gear pulls. X-37 Full bolt ons except cat.

Btw- loving the intercooler/bar.

Always dyno in 4th

Glad you like it!!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a X37 car that i tuned over the weekend.

stage 3 bolt ons and e30 for fuel. No meth no aux

x37 E30 by Russell Culver, on Flickr
That's some great power. IDK the X37 still seems like a badass piece of kit. The only thing people have to go on now is one race in which the X37 pulled the C39 car with similar mods, with an nearly identical tune, in similar conditions. Otherwise we don't have much to go by

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My apologies for poking the bear earlier. I don't usually. Been holding it back for too long I guess. But anywho!

I've been between the X-37, C39 and Peron for a while now. I'm happy to report that Peron (linky) emailed me a few days ago that they'll have a presence stateside by Q1 of next year. I was sure i was going to just wait for them but those are some great curves/numbers for the X37. It continues to impress.

There's also enough X-37s on the road to attest to their reliability. Peron claims to CNC machine all porting so inconsistencies in that regard aren't even an issue, so i'm optimistic. But the forum's favorite son, the C39, is still without any real data thus far and what is, imo, a huge delay in getting said real data. We're going on two months here...Whatever misgivings i may have for Tune+, the first X-37s were tuned and graphed in a 1/4 of that time.

At the risk of being pretty much the only person to ever say anything even remotely negative about Bryan, I think I'm done waiting for the C39. [ohcrap] The first kit shipped on 9/23 and since then at least two others. The results should be flooding in by now but are taking sooo long. My spidey senses are tingling. I'm starting to suspect something's not right with that kit. That's what delays usually mean. I've never been too keen on the inconsistency of the porting either. Not trying to poke any bears here, really, but if the outlet porting is all wavy, I don't have much confidence in the porting on the housings. If it's off by even an eyelash there will be catastrophic failure. Maybe I'm just too picky...? We all know Bryan is a stand up dude [grinking] But then again, at these price points, don't we all have a right to be somewhat picky?

My apologies for poking the bear earlier. I don't usually. Been holding it back for too long I guess. But anywho!

I've been between the X-37, C39 and Peron for a while now. I'm happy to report that Peron (linky) emailed me a few days ago that they'll have a presence stateside by Q1 of next year. I was sure i was going to just wait for them but those are some great curves/numbers for the X37. It continues to impress.

There's also enough X-37s on the road to attest to their reliability. Peron claims to CNC machine all porting so inconsistencies in that regard aren't even an issue, so i'm optimistic. But the forum's favorite son, the C39, is still without any real data thus far and what is, imo, a huge delay in getting said real data. We're going on two months here...Whatever misgivings i may have for Tune+, the first X-37s were tuned and graphed in a 1/4 of that time.

At the risk of being pretty much the only person to ever say anything even remotely negative about Bryan, I think I'm done waiting for the C39. [ohcrap] The first kit shipped on 9/23 and since then at least two others. The results should be flooding in by now but are taking sooo long. My spidey senses are tingling. I'm starting to suspect something's not right with that kit. That's what delays usually mean. I've never been too keen on the inconsistency of the porting either. Not trying to poke any bears here, really, but if the outlet porting is all wavy, I don't have much confidence in the porting on the housings. If it's off by even an eyelash there will be catastrophic failure. Maybe I'm just too picky...? We all know Bryan is a stand up dude [grinking] But then again, at these price points, don't we all have a right to be somewhat picky?

I get your impatience but if you are willing to wait till Q1 of next year I am not sure why this is an issue? Anyhoo I also find it weird that not 1 person has dynoed the C39 yet. A lot of Vdyno lovers? I only do real dyno tunes. Not sure why I feel that way but I do. Maybe not wanting to go balls out on the road. Anyway there was a machine housing issue on my first that was not due to Bryan's work. He did a great job getting one back out but between my schedule and Russ having a business to run we only have limited times to dyno. The fact the one broke yesterday is out of our hands. We are hoping to do Friday the day after Thanksgiving and post up immediately.

With that being said the car feels faster than h#$%. Baseline 93 numbers from Russ doing 1 run before issue was 250/265. I think he will be able to get some good number and even better on E30. Hope this helps a bit. I understand your impatience but lack of numbers is only due to customers choice for Vdyno and not a real dyno. Russ is hoping to alleviate that. I have not pushed to get things done asap since winter is here and my winter tires are screaming for traction now. lol cheers

PS That post was number 666 for you. [unbelieveable]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Nailed it! Imo you're not saying anything out of line:). Who knows they might delete what you're saying on the request of a vendor!

Also, that's what happens when you have someone working out of their garage as oppose to a real shop.

X37 has been and is consistent (not saying that cuz I have one etc) it continues to be at the top. Hands down! I don't always agree with what Adam say if ever but it is true you can't just take what the x37 was and throw parts at it and say it's the better variant.

And we need people to be honest about what is being offered , so that new buyers can know what's available to them!

Idk I feel like this forum is set up for advertising/vendors interest and not the general owner(s) because things get deleted or rinsed to the owner of this forums liking.

Biggest bs and yes someone has to say it..

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
No just street tuning. 250-260whp and 280wtq would be the guess

Would great to see both x37 vs c39 with similar mods on pump gas for a good baseline comparison between the two....

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Would great to see both x37 vs c39 with same mods on pump gas for a good baseline comparison between the two....
I'll have some legit c39 numbers soon. I'm really happy with that turbo but we have held off until we have good set numbers to release. Nothing worth doing right happens overnight. When you want to release a amazing product or service you have to take you time and do it right. Those jumping ship will miss out and it sucks.

Russ

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I've had my C39 for about 2 months and I haven't had time nor the desire to pay for a dyno session to find out what mine is making. Not to mention, that I've had 2 tuners work on my tunes and I'm not that thrilled with the results or that they say my car's fuel pump is maxed out. I'll be tuning with Russ and see where I end up. Either way, people that want a turbo have a ton of options to choose from. Take your pick. I went with mine based on the guy that makes it. You can choose whichever you like. I didn't wait for some graphs to make my decision. I'm glad I chose the C39. For a street turbo, it's a blast. It's not even at it's best yet due to tuning but still pulls like a freight train. My best Vdyno on a half ass tune was 296whp and 292b/ft on a 77 degree day. I know this turbo is capable of 300 at the wheels with a good tune. Hopefully Russ will be the guy to get it there. In terms of boost I'm anywhere from 25-28psi depending on who's tune I'm running and temps outside.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I get your impatience but if you are willing to wait till Q1 of next year I am not sure why this is an issue? ...

PS That post was number 666 for you. [unbelieveable]
It's an issue because i know what Peron's hurdles are. It's not the waiting itself that gets me, but the lack of feedback or info over the course of 2 months raises flags for me.

Nailed it! Imo you're not saying anything out of line:). Who knows they might delete what you're saying on the request of a vendor!

Also, that's what happens when you have someone working out of their garage as oppose to a real shop.

X37 has been and is consistent (not saying that cuz I have one etc) it continues to be at the top. Hands down! I don't always agree with what Adam say if ever but it is true you can't just take what the x37 was and throw parts at it and say it's the better variant.

And we need people to be honest about what is being offered , so that new buyers can know what's available to them!

Idk I feel like this forum is set up for advertising/vendors interest and not the general owner(s) because things get deleted or rinsed to the owner of this forums liking.

I agree wholeheartedly! This forum sometimes feels biased towards protecting the vendors but i think it's more the members than the mods. I always think twice before speaking up but i think i've reached that point where, and you hit it on the head, we have to speak up for the benefit of all members. One of our main purposes here is to share information, not withhold or "rinsed" it to spare a vendor.

And ur garage comment....I've been wanting to the say that since day one. I do great work out of my garage. But i don't expect to be paid thousands of dollars for it. That always worried me. If he were making $100 mudflaps ok, but close to 2k for a kit with all the bells....hmm. I was excited when he dropped the C39 until i saw pics of the porting...garage work. His GREAT support is really why i ever considered it.

I may have to hide in Canada with you [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] after these posts lol

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

But you won't tell all on this forum, so...isn't that a bit hypocritical? Neither Bryan nor DHM work out of their garage. Unless there's something I missed...

Some Guy On The Internet

Since we're all pouring it on I may as well join in.

From an outsiders perspective (only been here a few weeks), it still seems like the X37 is the better option. No one is denying the man's craftmanship, but the fact remains that this car tends to be the only car for a lot of people (not including me, but I also can't daily drive my Miata all year round). Because of this reliability is a big factor and I think having it being built in a garage without even a little corporate quality control scares a lot of people.

On the other hand, if the C39 was putting down way better numbers and real world data at the same price point I think it would be a no-brainer, but so far at this point that just isn't the case. We have a few "rumors" of them making good power, and a video of one getting pulled by a standard X37... that's it. Make me into a believer.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
X-37 / ATP 2554 & 60 / Cyborg & C39 - Turbo Comparisons & Discussion

It's an issue because i know what Peron's hurdles are. It's not the waiting itself that gets me, but the lack of feedback or info over the course of 2 months raises flags for me.

I agree wholeheartedly! This forum sometimes feels biased towards protecting the vendors but i think it's more the members than the mods. I always think twice before speaking up but i think i've reached that point where, and you hit it on the head, we have to speak up for the benefit of all members. One of our main purposes here is to share information, not withhold or "rinsed" it to spare a vendor.

And ur garage comment....I've been wanting to the say that since day one. I do great work out of my garage. But i don't expect to be paid thousands of dollars for it. That always worried me. If he were making $100 mudflaps ok, but close to 2k for a kit with all the bells....hmm. I was excited when he dropped the C39 until i saw pics of the porting...garage work. His GREAT support is really why i ever considered it.

I may have to hide in Canada with you [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] after these posts lol
[MENTION=4046]LilPartyBox[/MENTION] you're most welcome!

People, especially on the internet, will stir the pot.

It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
But you won't tell all on this forum, so...isn't that a bit hypocritical? Neither Bryan nor DHM work out of their garage. Unless there's something I missed...

Some Guy On The Internet
on multiple occasions ss has said he just got home from work and was starting to work on orders. also, he recently posted a shot of turbos on what looked like a dinner table. I assumed he walked them over from the garage. if my assumptions were misguided I apologize.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
on multiple occasions ss has said he just got home from work and was starting to work on orders. also, he recently posted a shot of turbos on what looked like a dinner table. I assumed he walked them over from the garage. if my assumptions were misguided I apologize.
Just and FYI turbos are not built in a garage. But from a very good turbo manufacturer. Bryan does do things like porting and wrenching out of the garage. But if people that have real shops matter I would suggest finding the real truth about other well know "business" and the basements they work out of