Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 Ambient Lighting No Longer Above Glove Box?!

DaveG99

The lighting doesnt affect my sight at all. I normally keep it red. Red is easy on the eyes and doesnt hurt your night vision

I got the piece above the glovebox that has the socket, now waiting on a wire harness to arrive. I hope the harness has the led and socket. All the diagrams I can find don't show the led light.

I got the piece above the glovebox that has the socket, now waiting on a wire harness to arrive. I hope the harness has the led and socket. All the diagrams I can find don't show the led light.
The filler piece that comes on the 2017 is the OEM LED holder from the earlier models, just without the bulb. See my post number 39 above for pictures of what I pulled out on my 2017. Is what you bought any different than that?

The filler piece that comes on the 2017 is the OEM LED holder from the earlier models, just without the bulb. See my post number 39 above for pictures of what I pulled out on my 2017. Is what you bought any different than that?
It is the same except they added the clear plastic light diffuser. Just have to find the led bulb and socket for it.

Might be easier to go aftermarket, and splice it in. Seems like you're gonna have to splice it anyways. Not sure how it cycles colors, maybe 3 wires? Not a wiring expert. [emoji14] let us know if you find the wires for it, and where.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the bulb used in the passenger footwell would plug into the diffuser in the dashboard strip? They are likely in pretty close proximity. If yes, then I would sacrifice my passenger footwell lighting for the lighting above the glovebox, and it would simply be switching the location of the existing bulb.

Well, I got the wire harness and there is the LED bulb and connector attached. The other benefit is the glovebox LED is there too. Now to put it all together and see what evil pops up.

Well, I got the wire harness and there is the LED bulb and connector attached. The other benefit is the glovebox LED is there too. Now to put it all together and see what evil pops up.

Nice. I'm very anxious to hear where are you connect the harness to and how it all works.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Interested to see the outcome. I've found when putting in my LED interior lights that I don't even have a glovebox light inside the glovebox.

It is a straight drop in. There are a couple options you can do.

1 - factory type install where you have just the 3 lights. L & R Footwells, and above glove box.
2 - Add on. Splice the new harness into the old and gain 2 extra LED lights plus the glove box.
3 - Add on. Make a female to double male molex wire Y harness. Where you plug the female into the console harness and the male plugs into the 2 LED harnesses.

Pop out the plastic filler above the glove box, snap in the new light bar. There are 3 long tabs holding the filler piece in. Pull the glove box and you can reach them easily.
The wire harness plugs in the left and right footwell lights and the dash light bar. If you want to route the wire the same as the original then you are going to have to pull the center console.
Then plug in the harness where the old harness is. Passenger side console, behind the side cover. The plug is the middle one.

So to recap, you need:
BE8Z-13E701-A Light bar
BE8Z-14A411-A Wire Harness

I chose to make a y harness so I can use the extra LED for the glove box, plus I can return it to stock if needed.

I ordered the parts last night and was advised today by Tasca that the light bar is on backorder with a current release date projected to be November 16. Since I wanted to get the harness while it was available, I called them and dropped the light bar ("lamp assy") off my order so they could send the harness--they won't split shipments. The Tasca customer service was very helpful, though I did notice they are selling the part on their ebay page with no mention that they don't actually have one and that it is backordered. When looking elsewhere online for it, one discount part source checked and told me it was discontinued so they could not get it. I called a Ford dealer that advertises online and the parts guy said he would look for one. He called me back and said he showed 3 available in dealer inventories nationwide, so he ordered one for me. Hopefully I will ultimately be receiving both the light bar and the harness now, though I imagine they are going to be available out of wrecks pretty much forever.