Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Springs w/ Bilstein B6(?)

Hi everyone,

Just ordered a set of Konig Dekagrams and I'm about to pair them up with a set of Continental ExtremeContact Sports 205/45r16. I've been on the market for a spring and shock combo set up as well and have really been interested in Swift Springs.

Have any of you used or know of someone who has paired Swift Springs with Bilstein B6's? I know a lot of people on here have paired the B8's with the springs, but I've heard mixed reviews on that. Supposedly Swift says that it is better to pair with B6 due to the fact that they designed the springs to go with stock shocks. I read that somewhere on the forum, but I can't find that thread again. The B6's are the closest in shaft length I believe.

Would love your input and feedback!

Thanks!
Mike

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hi everyone,

Just ordered a set of Konig Dekagrams and I'm about to pair them up with a set of Continental ExtremeContact Sports 205/45r16. I've been on the market for a spring and shock combo set up as well and have really been interested in Swift Springs.

Have any of you used or know of someone who has paired Swift Springs with Bilstein B6's? I know a lot of people on here have paired the B8's with the springs, but I've heard mixed reviews on that. Supposedly Swift says that it is better to pair with B6 due to the fact that they designed the springs to go with stock shocks. I read that somewhere on the forum, but I can't find that thread again. The B6's are the closest in shaft length I believe.

Would love your input and feedback!

Thanks!
Mike
you are correct that Swift suggests the B6 with the Spec-R Fiesta springs

When I spoke to Swift they recommended B6's but since the valving is the same on both I don't think it really matters. I have Swift Springs on B8's and noticed they ride higher in the rear then with stock shocks (which is a known phenomenon with Bilstein's). Keep that in mind when looking at the advertised drop of the springs.

SST

so swift + b8 sitting higher than stock shock & stock springs? or stock shocks with swift?

so swift + b8 sitting higher than stock shock & stock springs? or stock shocks with swift?
I’m on B8s and Swifts. Mine aren’t higher than OEM. I didn’t measure, but the drop looks as advertised to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

Swift + Bilstein sit higher then Swift on Stock shocks in the rear only. I was running Swift springs on my stock struts/shocks and upgraded to Bilstein's and immediately noticed an increase in ride height. Don't get me wrong, it is a definite drop from stock springs but about .25" higher then the drop experienced on stock struts.

technically shocks do not alter ride height. Ride height is determined by the springs.
You would think that but because the Bilstein's are high pressurized shocks they cause a slight increase in ride height. In our application it only seems to effects the rear. Check out BMW forums on this topic, it has been discussed quite a bit.

koozy

3000 Post Club
You would think that but because the Bilstein's are high pressurized shocks they cause a slight increase in ride height. In our application it only seems to effects the rear. Check out BMW forums on this topic, it has been discussed quite a bit.
I get it, but if you think about it the rear shock can easily be compressed by hand. The rear spring rate pressure is not as easy to compress by hand. When the car loads up the suspension on the ground the spring rates hold the car up more than the shocks do. Anyone who is convinced that the rears with Bilstein's or any aftermarket shock for that matter allow the car to sit higher than stock shocks should really do some measuring OE vs. b6/B8 to confirm.

SST

Swift + Bilstein sit higher then Swift on Stock shocks in the rear only. I was running Swift springs on my stock struts/shocks and upgraded to Bilstein's and immediately noticed an increase in ride height. Don't get me wrong, it is a definite drop from stock springs but about .25" higher then the drop experienced on stock struts.
thanks for your reply, your observation was right after the installation or after it settle for weeks?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
While the springs are definitely the primary determining factor for the ride height, I believe the height will still vary slightly between different shocks. My Str.Ts with stock springs sit slightly lower than with the stock shocks on stock springs.

At first I thought the reason my car seemed to sit lower than it should was because my previous 195/55/15s were actually wider at a 200/55/15. But now that I have 195/60s on it seems a bit more obvious that it is sitting lower than it should.

Not really a problem for me per se because I like the look but I may need to get a stiffer shock eventually because the shorter travel (and closer clearance) is causing me to rub a lot more than it would with stock shocks. Otherwise I really like the ride on the 195/60s.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk