Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

we promised a big brake kit....stop in and take a look :)

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
When it comes time to replace the rotors, will we be able to order the rings without the hats as stoptech and other companies do?

Also, will there be any kind of warranty for this kit?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Nice kit. This looks like a great budget BBK for thos wanting to fill out their rims more. I've ridden in a car with the gold coast bbk which is a great budget BBK as well. The Porsche caliper option looks like a cool budget alternative to the Wilwood kit as well. I'm interest to see how that pans out.

I'm personally interested in a kit Using 4 pots that will clear 15 inch TDR wheels. I may end up having to make something myself as what I want is super Niche'.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #65
This is interesting
See below for 325mm 2 piece rotor weight
Someone please chime in about the OEM front rotor weight - I've read 14.5 lbs but I do not know that for certain

Also to correct an earlier post made about the rotor hats - the coating is anodize, NOT powder coating

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I like this brake kit. Its good that people are putting in the R&D to develop more options for this platform. R&D is basically unpaid and it takes time to get your money back.
What I would like to see is BBK that will fit behind a 16" rim. I don't think this kit will fit with a 325mm rotor. My estimation would be around a 315mm maximum rotor diameter depending on the caliper.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My Wilwood BBK fits behind 16 in wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if this kit fits behind 16s also because the OEM caliper is very low profile in terms of diameter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sekred

1000 Post Club
My Wilwood BBK fits behind 16 in wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if this kit fits behind 16s also because the OEM caliper is very low profile in terms of diameter.

The Wilwood rotor is around 310mm

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The Wilwood rotor is around 310mm
That is an overall diameter difference of 15 mm. So only about 7.5 mm difference in terms of wheel clearance. I have more clearance than that between my caliper and wheell. And because the OEM caliper is much lower profile, I will bet money that this whoosh kit clears 16-inch wheels.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #74
That is an overall diameter difference of 15 mm. So only about 7.5 mm difference in terms of wheel clearance. I have more clearance than that between my caliper and wheell. And because the OEM caliper is much lower profile, I will bet money that this whoosh kit clears 16-inch wheels.

I agree
this looks like a 3 lbs per side weight savings going to this 325mm rotor as well. I'll have to weigh the bracket and half the attachment hardware to find the actual weight savings per side
Josh Jackson weighed his new OEM size front PowerStop slotted rotors which are 15lbs each

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #75
kit should be fitted in a few days

install pics and review will be available + our tester has 15" TD wheels so we will know if clearance is an issue or not after installed

stay tuned

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
When it comes time to replace the rotors, will we be able to order the rings without the hats as stoptech and other companies do?

Also, will there be any kind of warranty for this kit?

Maybe I'll get an answer 2nd time around?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #77
Maybe I'll get an answer 2nd time around?
If you mean about warranty, I have no idea at this point. We are in the fitment / testing stage
I can assure fitment and working as described 100% but rotor warping and things like that are tough to answer at this point. I'd like to get past fitting, wheel size confirmations, and some testing before that discussion is finalized

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #78
I'm excited to hear more about fitment. It would be great if this will fit on some 15" wheels as that is my preferred size for winter tires.
I hope 15's fit as well
The rotors are just amazing but HUGE!
We will know this week[thumb]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the response.

I was also concerned about the availability replacement rings....