Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Largest spacer with factory studs?

My 15x7 TD wheels are pretty conservative in terms of offset. Would a 5mm be safe on factory studs? Im guessing it will be close to the safe amount of thread engagement. I could always go with 3mm.What options do we have for extended studs?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You will need a hub centric spacer to do it correctly and safely....those spacers you buy at local parts stores are for show car use and not recommended to be driven on and take away the studs ability to not shear off when driving.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I'm aware, but true hubcentric spacers are only available for lengths that extend longer than your hubs. I believe we have a 7 to 10mm hub lip.

slopoke

Ron Miller with Whoose has the H&R brand spacers with lengths of 5mm to 30mm. They come with longer studs, priced at $65.00 - $159.00.

I got 3mm hub centric spacers from Adaptec Speedware which fit with the stock studs with a few mm of threads left to spare. But I added them for brake to wheel face clearance, not for offset.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ds-included-5mm-thru-20mm?variant=45303851534

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
not a sales pitch
I could sell bolt on spacers in all sizes like many companies do

just don't trust them

there's one way to do it

add ARP expended studs then purchase a hub centric spacer as some have already mentioned or buy a complete kit like H&R that already include the extended studs with matching spacer.
It's the only safe way to do it...for street and especially if you have any plans to track the car

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I agree with Ron.
I only use ARP extended studs with wheel spacers.

Breaking a bolt on wheel spacer is not pretty.

Dave

not a sales pitch
I could sell bolt on spacers in all sizes like many companies do

just don't trust them

there's one way to do it

add ARP expended studs then purchase a hub centric spacer as some have already mentioned or buy a complete kit like H&R that already include the extended studs with matching spacer.
It's the only safe way to do it...for street and especially if you have any plans to track the car
Ron,

Is this something you are planning on carrying? I see the H & R hub centric, but it would be nice to buy the arp studs and a separate hub centric spacer.