Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

couple new items added

very pleased with our new rear motor mount

keep an eye out for a new exhaust manifold configuration not offered yet, I think many will enjoy this

looks almost identical to mountune, wondering if it "handles" the same as I was leaning towards mountune over cobbs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #307
looks almost identical to mountune, wondering if it "handles" the same as I was leaning towards mountune over cobbs

The Mountune RMM has a separate spacer and uses large washers. This is all one piece. You literally pop off the bracket from your OEM and install this, no small parts
I have tried most mounts myself and have been driving around on this prototype for a while now. It's stiffer than COBB and I'd say close to Mountune, maybe a pinch stiffer but it's hard to say exactly...but again close.

We have new developments with this mount though
Originally we were just going to offer the street version as seen above in red and silver anodize using the street formula bushings
We now have the same mount being produced as a race unit offered in red and silver anodize but will have Black stiff bushings for those looking for a more race oriented mount.
2 weeks or less and they'll be here

[party]

The Mountune RMM has a separate spacer and uses large washers. This is all one piece. You literally pop off the bracket from your OEM and install this, no small parts
I have tried most mounts myself and have been driving around on this prototype for a while now. It's stiffer than COBB and I'd say close to Mountune, maybe a pinch stiffer but it's hard to say exactly...but again close.

We have new developments with this mount though
Originally we were just going to offer the street version as seen above in red and silver anodize using the street formula bushings
We now have the same mount being produced as a race unit offered in red and silver anodize but will have Black stiff bushings for those looking for a more race oriented mount.
2 weeks or less and they'll be here

[party]
I'm in then, I'll throw in an order and give them a whirl. see how I like it

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #310
Just wanna say how happy was with recent experience with purchase from Ron. Very fast shipping and I like The sticker color choice. It’s nice to see a vendor like this come so far.
thank you [like]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
couple new items added

very pleased with our new rear motor mount

keep an eye out for a new exhaust manifold configuration not offered yet, I think many will enjoy this

Ron should I buy this mount, or the AWR70?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #317
I really want his honest opinion though he has tried them all. He is friends with the guy from AWR.

The AWR mounts are great.
The differences are steel construction (AWR) vs billet aluminum (whoosh) so there is a weight difference for one
The mount pictured is also our street mount which as described has manners similar to Mountune's mount. The AWR mounts both 70a and 88a will feel a little different or stiffer because the diameter of the rear or large end bushing is much smaller which does not absorb as much NHV as a larger bushing will

So if you'd compare our street mount to the Mountune I'd say it has billet steel inserts rather than a separate spacer (which AWR also has) and large washers to take up the space difference for fitment.
Some of these mounts have been out since 2014 when the Fiesta was released so our mounts will have the advantages or what those lack since we have used and sold so many of them
Hope that helps everyone.

I've been using the street mount for a while now. It is definitely not a stiff mount. Barely any cabin vibrations at all.
Our race version will not be as forgiving in the NVH department though, definitely more along the lines of the AWR 88a , cp-e in terms of stiffness

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #318
Ron should I buy this mount, or the AWR70?

knowing how much cabin vibration you mind would be the first thing I'd want to know before making a suggestion for you
the AWR mounts regardless of durometer choice will give you quite a bit of interior NVH but also offer great performance

let me know

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
All mounts also break in over time....YOU MUST GIVE THEM ALL TIME. Dont just say I can't do this two weeks later! Give it a couple months at the least!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The cp-e mount is stiff! 1.5 years with it. The low durameter awr is great hardly noticable in nvh. Love that thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk