Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Actually, it's been shown that the CAT/ECT are closely linked. It makes sense considering the fact that the heat extracted from the FMIC basically goes straight into the radiator.

No, the flaps are designed to improve cooling while stopped with no frontal air flow. Without those flaps the negative pressure created by the fan cannot be distributed to the area that is not directly in front of the fan. Removing them does not improve cooling efficiency at speed and reduces cooling efficiency while stopped.
Really because I noticed a pretty nice drop of 2-5 degrees overall.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Really because I noticed a pretty nice drop of 2-5 degrees overall.
Yes, really. It would be pretty hard to replicate the conditions exactly in order to do an accurate back-to-back comparison, and I would be more inclined to believe that your temperature change is either related to the conditions not being exact or from you opening up the airflow through the grill.

Most likely the latter.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Yes, really. It would be pretty hard to replicate the conditions exactly in order to do an accurate back-to-back comparison, and I would be more inclined to believe that your temperature change is either related to the conditions not being exact or from you opening up the airflow through the grill.

Most likely the latter.
Your probably right, hard to get an accurate gauge of effectiveness, many variables

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Actually, it's been shown that the CAT/ECT are closely linked. It makes sense considering the fact that the heat extracted from the FMIC basically goes straight into the radiator.

No, the flaps are designed to improve cooling while stopped with no frontal air flow. Without those flaps the negative pressure created by the fan cannot be distributed to the area that is not directly in front of the fan. Removing them does not improve cooling efficiency at speed and reduces cooling efficiency while stopped.
Oh okay. Well glad I couldn't figure out how to get them off then. Ha.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Installed 2015 Mustang Shift Knob and Piercemotorsports Trunk brace. Very happy with both!
[MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] That's the first "knob" I have seen that I really like on the FiST. I think I want one! How much did that set you back and where did you get it? A part number would help as well. I have a Ford dealer less than a mile from me, but if I can find one on E-bay I'll probably go that route depending on cost. [:p]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] That's the first "knob" I have seen that I really like. I think I want one! How much did that set you back and where did you get it?
Thanks! I bought it on eBay for $32 shipped. It was used, but it really look brand new to me! I think from the dealer is anywhere from $40-50

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thanks! I bought it on eBay for $32 shipped. It was used, but it really look brand new to me! I think from the dealer is anywhere from $40-50
Thanks. I'll run up to the dealer and snag one if they have it in stock. Is this for the GT? I want to make sure I get the right knob that will screw right on. Looks fantabulous. Sorry in advance for copying you. hehehe [:p] [clap]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thanks. I'll run up to the dealer and snag one if they have it in stock. Is this for the GT? I want to make sure I get the right knob that will screw right on. Looks fantabulous. Sorry in advance for copying you. hehehe [:p] [clap]
Yes sir, it's the knob from the 2015 Mustang GT manual. [thumb] I can't really take credit for doing this combination, some one else did it first, I think I might be the second one to run this combo.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yes sir, it's the knob from the 2015 Mustang GT manual. [thumb] I can't really take credit for doing this combination, some one else did it first, I think I might be the second one to run this combo.
Is the ball a little bit bigger than stock? How does it feel? Thanks again for the info! I got the part number and I'm headed to my Mega Ford dealer up the street. [:p] I'd give ya some more rep, but it says I have to wait. [thumb]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Is the ball a little bit bigger than stock? How does it feel? Thanks again for the info! I got the part number and I'm headed to my Mega Ford dealer up the street. [:p] I'd give ya some more rep, but it says I have to wait. [thumb]
The ball is bigger then stock, but it feels more natural because its round, not that awkward shape like the shit. It feels really good, very OEM feeling.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
The ball is bigger then stock, but it feels more natural because its round, not that awkward shape like the shit. It feels really good, very OEM feeling.
Good because I don't like the stock one much. It's a tad too small and doesn't feel that great in your hand. It appears no one has one locally which really surprises me because thieves steal shift knobs all the time. Of course the "stealership" wants $50.00 for them but whatever, I ordered on3 and it will be in on Wednesday! [hihi]

Thanks for all the good info. [:D]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Good because I don't like the stock one much. It's a tad too small and doesn't feel that great in your hand. It appears no one has one locally which really surprises me because thieves steal shift knobs all the time. Of course the "stealership" wants $50.00 for them but whatever, I ordered on and it will be in on Wednesday! [hihi]

Thanks for all the good info. [:D]
Good deal, you will enjoy it! I did put a hex nut underneath to hold the reverse lockout spring down but I don't think its necessary, I just had the nut laying around, doesn't hurt. When you spin the Mustang knob on, it will not go all the way down, maybe 4-5 turns, but its snug. The reverse collar doesn't fit perfectly with Mustang knob but its close enough.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Good deal, you will enjoy it! I did put a hex nut underneath to hold the reverse lockout spring down but I don't think its necessary, I just had the nut laying around, doesn't hurt. When you spin the Mustang knob on, it will not go all the way down, maybe 4-5 turns, but its snug. The reverse collar doesn't fit perfectly with Mustang knob but its close enough.
Yes the nut is necessary. [?|] LOL. I installed the knob and the reverse lockout does not work. hehe. It's somewhere between 5-6 turns where it activates and the knob is waaaay too loose at 5-6 turns without a nut. To add insult to injury, finding the hex nut you mentioned is turning out to be somewhat of a challenge. [xx(] I am literally a squirrel after a nut... literally!!! hahaha [hatchet]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Yes the nut is necessary. [?|] LOL. I installed the knob and the reverse lockout does not work. hehe. It's somewhere between 5-6 turns where it activates and the knob is waaaay too loose at 5-6 turns without a nut. To add insult to injury, finding the hex nut you mentioned is turning out to be somewhat of a challenge. [xx(] I am literally a squirrel after a nut... literally!!! hahaha [hatchet]
Another solution is maybe wrap some silicon tape around the shaft (sound so dirty I know) and spin the knob on until you find the right nut to fit.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Another solution is maybe wrap some silicon tape around the shaft (sound so dirty I know) and spin the knob on until you find the right nut to fit.
Washers would work too, perhaps better than the nut (if you want to fine tune the heigth . I finally found the M12x1.25 nut at Autozone. [screwy] [like]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I love the feel of this knob much better than the OEM FiST one. It *REALLY* compliments the FSWERKs short shift and I swear it feels more hardwired to the drivetrain, which just adds some precision to the shifting action (especially the upshift from 2nd to 3rd gear and from 4th to 5th gear). Thanks again for posting! This is one reason I love FiestaSTforum.com over all the others. [hihi]

I'm posting a detailed write up on my build thread...