Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new item and pre-order : RAMAIR crossover pipe kits

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Bluedrank

yes absolutely
I had no idea this part required cutting. I'm not 100% sure it does depending on the intake you are using. Although it seems the trimming is unavoidable to make the hose "click" and mounting bracket to clear everything properly

I will surely pass these difficulties along
thank you for the detailed write up!
Yeah the induction hose thing I can understand. Making an aftermarket part fit with another aftermarket part, I had suspected it might be difficult. But, the stock PCV hose not clicking in place is clearly an issue that they need to address. Also, if you hear back anything useful from Ramair, would you please let me know. Btw, the order arrived really fast and well packaged. Definitely pleased with the store and I'll keep on recommending you.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
item is there - I was adding some details about the fitment, maybe that was the issue when you were looking.

I got mine off ebay for about $15 less and have no real fitment issues. The hose clicks on fine and i was able to get the mishimoto induction hose on with just a bit of lube. The mounting bracket could have prob been bent to a better shape to clamp it down real tight but it seems to be fine as is. They must have done some changes at RAMAIR in the past few months with the design to fit US cars

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
I got mine off ebay for about $15 less and have no real fitment issues. The hose clicks on fine and i was able to get the mishimoto induction hose on with just a bit of lube. The mounting bracket could have prob been bent to a better shape to clamp it down real tight but it seems to be fine as is. They must have done some changes at RAMAIR in the past few months with the design to fit US cars
thanks for the post and feedback on fitment!

regarding pricing:
if you use my 5% discount it's not a $15 difference, it's $6.75
and if ANYONE ever asks I'd match or beat that price rather than buying your car parts off eBay [burnout]

Bluedrank

Ron, any chance you have an older one of these pipes sitting around and another pipe from your latest shipment? I'd love to see if there are indeed any slight changes to the measurements that makes it better fit the US spec model. If there's no change, I'm curious as to what model year [MENTION=8517]VivaLaFiesta[/MENTION] owns. I can say without a doubt that the evap hose absolutely does not fit on a '16 without some grinding. I took a good amount of height off the tube in that spot and got it to where it clicks on, but unfortunately discovered that I probably needed to grind it down a bit more. So now when I drive it slips off the clip. My solution was a zip tie to hold it in place lol.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
Ron, any chance you have an older one of these pipes sitting around and another pipe from your latest shipment? I'd love to see if there are indeed any slight changes to the measurements that makes it better fit the US spec model. If there's no change, I'm curious as to what model year [MENTION=8517]VivaLaFiesta[/MENTION] owns. I can say without a doubt that the evap hose absolutely does not fit on a '16 without some grinding. I took a good amount of height off the tube in that spot and got it to where it clicks on, but unfortunately discovered that I probably needed to grind it down a bit more. So now when I drive it slips off the clip. My solution was a zip tie to hold it in place lol.
I've sent off an email to my contact at RAMAIR
I'm doubtful about a change to better fit US spec Fiesta's for the simple fact that they are made for the ST180. There is a local guy to me that has tried a few different crossover pipes from the UK that just don't fit "exactly" they will fit but you have to make it fit. I don't think the modifications needed are terrible honestly. Shaving down the pcv is a simple straight shot with a belt sander that shouldn't take more than 5 seconds.

I may just do this before I ship them from here on

The other mod about cutting off some length really isn't a must do if you have a silicone induction hose
you can get it on there and make the bend work

Bluedrank

I've sent off an email to my contact at RAMAIR
I'm doubtful about a change to better fit US spec Fiesta's for the simple fact that they are made for the ST180. There is a local guy to me that has tried a few different crossover pipes from the UK that just don't fit "exactly" they will fit but you have to make it fit. I don't think the modifications needed are terrible honestly. Shaving down the pcv is a simple straight shot with a belt sander that shouldn't take more than 5 seconds.

I may just do this before I ship them from here on

The other mod about cutting off some length really isn't a must do if you have a silicone induction hose
you can get it on there and make the bend work
For me shaving down the pcv connector was a must. I didn't need to cut the tube to get the mishimoto induction hose on, it really just required some muscle and patience. If you push it down a bit further than you normally would you can get away without having to cut the main pipe. I did feel as if the engine mount bracket was a bit too close for comfort to the other pcv hose coming off the top of the engine, so I took the dremel to the inside of that as well just to open it up a bit.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
For me shaving down the pcv connector was a must. I didn't need to cut the tube to get the mishimoto induction hose on, it really just required some muscle and patience. If you push it down a bit further than you normally would you can get away without having to cut the main pipe. I did feel as if the engine mount bracket was a bit too close for comfort to the other pcv hose coming off the top of the engine, so I took the dremel to the inside of that as well just to open it up a bit.
would you mind posting a pic of what your silicone induction hose looks like installed?

My car is a 17. I am attaching some pics
1 the area around the pcv elbow in between bracket. Very close but not hitting

2 the pcv connection it came shiny and chamfered like that. I saw on koozy's post it was all powdercoated still so he needed to cut it down.

3 showing the mishimoto hose on the pipe https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5162d09645e065eb55b6326e618a43b3&oe=59F37796

koozy

3000 Post Club
It would be nice to see that pipe not on the car if pics are available, so we can better see the difference if any with the bracket, pipe inlet end, etc. Seeing how clean that PVC connection is perhaps there was a change made. the nipple does still look long to me though, because of the way it's suppose to mate with the plastic connector, but if it works... it works.

IMO, cutting the inlet side was worth the trouble than not. It's just too long and extends way into the hose and way too tight even with lube. Cutting it also allows the OE induction hose to easily fit for full sleeper mode, which would be impossible without cutting the bead off and the extra length; a sign that it won't fit right without some mods. The pipe itself should fit with the OE induction hose and OE turbo inlet without having to mod anything if it was properly engineered. Since this crossover pipe was made for a EU model I'm willing to gave them a break for the slight mods I had to make to fit my USDM model. For some reason RAMAIR is the only mfg. that made it a bit long and with a hose bead on the end. ITG, Forge Motorsports and some others have it cut to length and no bead for easier OE fitment. The bead isn't necessary on that end since the hose fits so snug, it ain't going anywhere.

My current setup is with the OE induction hose, as I prefer the car to be a sleeper but deadly.

Last edited:

Bluedrank

My car is a 17. I am attaching some pics
1 the area around the pcv elbow in between bracket. Very close but not hitting

2 the pcv connection it came shiny and chamfered like that. I saw on koozy's post it was all powdercoated still so he needed to cut it down.

3 showing the mishimoto hose on the pipe https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5162d09645e065eb55b6326e618a43b3&oe=59F37796
So there is definitely a difference there with the PCV connector. Mine was just like Koozy's as far as it being fully powder coated. It's tough to tell how different the dimensions are compared to the original design, but clearly there's been a revision of some sort. So it sounds like there may not be any modification needed on this part anymore. If that's the case, this is a really nice upgrade for basically anyone running an induction hose already.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #35
the official word from RAMAIR regarding revision is :

there is no revision except that "they are machining off the wrinkle finish from the PCV connection so that fitment is easier for their clients"
I guess that would do it [twothumb]

koozy

3000 Post Club
the official word from RAMAIR regarding revision is :

there is no revision except that "they are machining off the wrinkle finish from the PCV connection so that fitment is easier for their clients"
I guess that would do it [twothumb]
They must be referring to just their EU customer base, either way the mods are not too bad but until more US users/customers post no issues, they should be aware of what the potential issues are or they will be unhappy customers.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #39
just FYI

this pipe has been revised - a local to me just picked one up and fit w/o issue
breather pipe "clicked in" perfect
and fit great with his MAP intake kit.

He said it also made quite a difference with his X47 and e30 tune

Bluedrank

just FYI

this pipe has been revised - a local to me just picked one up and fit w/o issue
breather pipe "clicked in" perfect
and fit great with his MAP intake kit.

He said it also made quite a difference with his X47 and e30 tune
I wish I had waited instead of buying when it first came out. I chopped mine to hell, and that crankcase hose still doesn't fit right. I ended up just slapping a worm gear clamp on it to try to keep it from popping off. lol.

Glad to hear they revised the pipe though, it's a beautiful piece for sure.