Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*HMM ....Fiesta Not dead afterall.....still a very good possibility it will live on here in America in 2019*

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Parts availability is not going to be much of an issue for at least five years. ...............
No offense, but sure hope you're EXTREMELY wrong. [:)] By then mine will only be seven years old.

My last car, once among the top sellers, I kept until the Rusty Reaper made it too dangerous to drive any longer...

http://www.starlingear.com/

My past experiencesl guided that statement. Things like rocker sill extensions with the clips and those little access doors for the jack useage. The rear bumper trims (not facia). The stock muffler system. ST specific seat upholstery. Probably also the rear disc brake caliper frames. These are not high demand items. They are fairly costly in most cases.and are probably not held in high quantities at the parts depot. When a vehicle line is ended, the clock starts ticking. When the slow moving or obscure parts are gone, thats the end of em. In 1983 i was the guy who bought the last 3 1973 mustang center caps for the optional aluminum wheel from Ford. Thank god i only need 3. It was 20 years before they were reproduced.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I believe in the US their only required to have parts available during warranty period. The tax law passed in the 80's made inventory taxable assets , so they'll chuck it in a dumpster and write it off.

Canada requires 10 years of OEM parts support. Suzuki is still supplying parts for Canada, and they completely abandoned the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #105
They will become like the GMC Typhoon and Syclone.....But more availability due to more were produced. Buying up NEW OLD STOCK/NOS now for certain items isn't a bad idea....but what should be bought up is the good question.[thankyou]

If I knew these were going to be like Gold....I would've bought as many as I could ....all i can say is God dam cladding! This piece goes for $900-1200 based on condition.

Typhoons and Cyclones are a perfect example of how unique parts on a common vehicle will become unavailable as time passes. Alot of Mustang SVO stuff is unavailable now too.
Ford does eventually clear the warehouse shelves. But they also sell to Green sales company and The Obsolete Ford Parts co. Dealership parts departments, in know in the past, would on occasion clean their shelves using a return process to Ford called PIP return. Ford would buy back parts at an adjusted rate and specific condition. That is probably not done anymore.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Living in Michigan, I don't have to worry too much about getting parts. The car rusts away before the parts are no longer available :(

A friend of mine, and engineer on the ST program said to me that if you want to keep those skirt covers, don't remove them! Mine have never been off the car. I had a lot of friends with SVT Contours with similar covers and they were like gold since so many of them were lost. I would buy a few of those covers and hold on to them as an investment. Probably better returns than some stocks.

I own a 1952 International Harvester L-110 pickup truck. Want to talk about finding spare parts? Don't sweat finding Ford parts.

This is an interesting angle I had not thought of. Ford is going to have no entry level vehicle. So much for starting a lifetime of brand loyalty when a person is young and looking for their first car.
Look at the sales. Young people aren't buying cars... or houses. I do wonder why this move away from cars seems to have rapidly sped up in the past 18 months or so... guess I'll have to do some research.

Ok then lets take it out of the entry level then. I am speaking in regards to people other than those coming out of high school. I am with you, people shouldnt start out brand new. But others that maybe have that issue of cost of living increasing, and dont have the best paying jobs, with kids, maybe single moms? They should be pigeon holed into an SUV that is cheap entry level, while still out of their price range? Or used with no safeguards? My concern here is more about the lower class. Yes cost of living is going up. Everything is going up, but new cars are generally easy to get financed for. People want reliability. On top of that its not just about those people. I bought a Fiesta ST because I wanted something fun that didnt cost a ton of money for. I didnt want to work to pay a mortgage and a car payment. To get an Eco sport in a 4wd option on fords site, built in a way that I would want, makes it 25-26k. I can see both sides of it but I really am disappointed that everything is moving to SUV / Crossover, or Truck. Bottom line. In the realm of the entry level if you compare the cost of the Eco Sport to the cost of a base level fiesta, there is still a big gap in price. Accessibility will be impacted. My opinion. But it is what it is. We can only watch from the sidelines.
Sadly, the entire US economy has stopped caring about the lower class. Its the reason movie tickets, Disneyland, cars, houses, etc. are far outpacing wage raises. This is really just a symptom of a larger (off topic!) issue, new cars are mostly the realm of middle class, 30 and 40-somethings now. Again look at sales demographics.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
They are not stopping production of the Fiesta just not importing it to the USA. No parts shortages in the near future, just lots of Chicken Littles squawking, most ST parts were also used worldwide. It is not like the ST was a limited production car.

They are not stopping production of the Fiesta just not importing it to the USA. No parts shortages in the near future, just lots of Chicken Littles squawking, most ST parts were also used worldwide. It is not like the ST was a limited production car.
Yes its not a limited production vehicle. No, its not common in detail. I think there are as many as 3 distinct versions once the Cautitlan plant finnishes up with the version we get. I am unsure if New Zeland and Australia get an altered right hand drive version of the U.K. Fiesta or something more varied in detail.