Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORD: Americas Dumbest company?

So not only has Ford decided to axe the planned Focus Active but now they are building an electric Mustang SUV... so possibly ZERO cars from Ford after 2020.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
So not only has Ford decided to axe the planned Focus Active but now they are building an electric Mustang SUV... so possibly ZERO cars from Ford after 2020.
Not possible to kill the words best selling sports car.........just using chassis.

Just a simple case of supply and demand. The USA consumers don't buy cars anymore. Just Trucks/SUVs. Even Honda is having problems selling Accords. Blame the dumb consumer. Ford won't keep building cars that sell poorly. They would still be making Edsel's

CSM

1000 Post Club
Just a simple case of supply and demand. The USA consumers don't buy cars anymore. Just Trucks/SUVs. Even Honda is having problems selling Accords. Blame the dumb consumer. Ford won't keep building cars that sell poorly. They would still be making Edsel's
Honda is having issues selling accords? Must be why they are paying Car and Driver so much to hype up the new one (seriously, every time I log into FB I'm greeted with promoted Car and Driver posts that tout the new Accord as greatest thing ever)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
..................... Blame the dumb consumer. ..............................
Well, that would be consistent. After all, the voter doesn't seem to blame ourselves for the state of the Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches of Govt. Treat people like their complete idiots and repeatedly get rewarded for it. Hey, and since we're in such a self-deprecating mood, why not blame our increasing waist lines too? https://www.livescience.com/49-decade-study-americans-taller-fatter.html

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Ford's near term strategy calls for current Ford car owners to come back to buy a new Ford crossover, SUV, or truck. However, a recent article on Reuters indicated that a survey showed that the majority of Ford car owners won't seek a Ford crossover, SUV, or truck. They will go to another company. The level of brand loyalty among sedan owners is far less than it is for truck owners.

For me, going from the Fiesta ST to another Ford product will prove difficult. I had a strong interest in the Ranger, but a nicely equipped Ranger 4X4 with keyless start is knocking on the door of $45k! That is almost double the price of my Fiesta ST and not as convenient. $45k for a mid-size pickup truck is knocking on the door of some pretty competent crossovers, like the Stelvio or Macan. If I have to spend that kind of money, it better be for something that has some level of prestige. A Ranger isn't that. With Ford taking everything up-market, the days of me paying cash for a new Ford are over. I had thought about the Focus Active, as it at least is a Ford hatchback and a Focus, but that is now dead. I really have no idea what I will do next. My wife is due to replace her Escape next, but not sure what we will replace it with.

You look at how far ICE (internal combustion engines) have come in the last few years... Cars from the factory like the demon,zr1, basically any high horsepower car, etc..... All fast amazing cars to us right? Well here is where it gets tricky... We as humans are at the PEAK of internal combustion engines... They really cannot improve any more than they are.

Tesla has only been in business for roughly ten years.... Elon Musk already built a faster electric car from the factory than ANY internal combustion ever made, ever. This right here...... Is enough evidence I need to see, to realize ELECTRIC is the future.... Rather we like it or not. We are 5 years away. Ford is simply scrapping there cars until they can develop competitive electric vehicles against tesla. They are far from stupid lol! [rofl] They are always a step ahead of Fiat/Chrysler and GM, which is why they are the only one of the big three to not go bankrupt. Sadly big oil companys are really trying to put a stop to electric, they are sh1tting there pants in fear theyve become content living lavishly the last hundred years and passing the wealth down into the family... They might do some evil stuff to keep there pockets fat...

As a gear head I will miss the shifting, the raw feel, turbo noise, utilizing driver skill to push your car to the limits.... All racing will be electric, require minimal skill, boring but faster... It's paintful to say.

And batterys and electric cars are only going to improve at an insane rate.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
You look at how far ICE (internal combustion engines) have come in the last few years... Cars from the factory like the demon,zr1, basically any high horsepower car, etc..... All fast amazing cars to us right? Well here is where it gets tricky... We as humans are at the PEAK of internal combustion engines... They really cannot improve any more than they are.

Tesla has only been in business for roughly ten years.... Elon Musk already built a faster electric car from the factory than ANY internal combustion ever made, ever. This right here...... Is enough evidence I need to see, to realize ELECTRIC is the future.... Rather we like it or not. We are 5 years away. Ford is simply scrapping there cars until they can develop competitive electric vehicles against tesla. They are far from stupid lol! [rofl] They are always a step ahead of Fiat/Chrysler and GM, which is why they are the only one of the big three to not go bankrupt. Sadly big oil companys are really trying to put a stop to electric, they are sh1tting there pants in fear theyve become content living lavishly the last hundred years and passing the wealth down into the family... They might do some evil stuff to keep there pockets fat...

As a gear head I will miss the shifting, the raw feel, turbo noise, utilizing driver skill to push your car to the limits.... All racing will be electric, require minimal skill, boring but faster... It's paintful to say.

Iā€™m sorry but ford is not One step ahead with electric...... they are scrambling to get shit together and to me showing many signs of weakness as they change their game plan weekly.

Ford's near term strategy calls for current Ford car owners to come back to buy a new Ford crossover, SUV, or truck. However, a recent article on Reuters indicated that a survey showed that the majority of Ford car owners won't seek a Ford crossover, SUV, or truck. They will go to another company. The level of brand loyalty among sedan owners is far less than it is for truck owners.

For me, going from the Fiesta ST to another Ford product will prove difficult. I had a strong interest in the Ranger, but a nicely equipped Ranger 4X4 with keyless start is knocking on the door of $45k! That is almost double the price of my Fiesta ST and not as convenient. $45k for a mid-size pickup truck is knocking on the door of some pretty competent crossovers, like the Stelvio or Macan. If I have to spend that kind of money, it better be for something that has some level of prestige. A Ranger isn't that. With Ford taking everything up-market, the days of me paying cash for a new Ford are over. I had thought about the Focus Active, as it at least is a Ford hatchback and a Focus, but that is now dead. I really have no idea what I will do next. My wife is due to replace her Escape next, but not sure what we will replace it with.
In regards to moving upmarket, my hunch is that Ford/GM/etc. are ceding the cheap (small) car market to Kia/Hyundai.

Ford makes something like 95% of its money from F-150ā€™s, and Honda/Toyota etcetera make more procit on SUVs than sedans. I think the entire market is going to follow Fords lead if this works for them.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Electric cars are much farther away than you think. We simply don't have the electrical grid to charge all these cars. How are people who live in Apartments supposed to charge these things? Maybe in California or something but not for the majority of the country. Tesla is not going to make it in the long run the average consumer cannot afford them, and Tesla can't make money on cheap cars.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Electric cars are much farther away than you think. We simply don't have the electrical grid to charge all these cars. How are people who live in Apartments supposed to charge these things? Maybe in California or something but not for the majority of the country. Tesla is not going to make it in the long run the average consumer cannot afford them, and Tesla can't make money on cheap cars.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Tesla not even making it now. If it werent for all the investors that keep pouring money in.

me32

1000 Post Club

You do know the demon is the fastest production car stock. It does 9s in 1/4 and the P100D is doing 10s.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
In regards to moving upmarket, my hunch is that Ford/GM/etc. are ceding the cheap (small) car market to Kia/Hyundai.

Ford makes something like 95% of its money from F-150ā€™s, and Honda/Toyota etcetera make more procit on SUVs than sedans. I think the entire market is going to follow Fords lead if this works for them.
Yes, I 100% agree. Who would want to build low margin, low volume, econoboxes that the market doesn't really want when you can build high margin products the market is going nuts over. The market has no problem supporting stupid expensive luxury trucks and SUV's. If the market wants it and supports it, go for it. That sucks for those of us who don't want to spend $75k on a pick-up truck.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That's their new rental fleet.
For when you bring your car, sorry, SUV or Truck in for service and they can't fix it anyway.

Dave