Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rubbing/shuddering noise during shifting

Has anyone else experienced a shuddering noise (sounds sort of like styrofoam rubbing together or some sort of bird call, hard to describe) during shifting? I get it in all gears but most noticeably while reversing, while I have the clutch in.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Does it happen right after letting off the throttle? Any intake changes lately? Could be the wastegate doing the "turkey/dolphin garble", it's how the opposite side of the turbo from the BOV let's out excess boost and is more noticeable if you have intake mods, even just a drop in filter...

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Not throttle, but as I let out the clutch peddle. It does have a bit of a turkey sound though now that you mention it.No intake mods (yet!).

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Yeah, that was my initial response too. Has anyone on here had premature clutch shaft/bearing wear-out?

Has anyone else experienced a shuddering noise (sounds sort of like styrofoam rubbing together or some sort of bird call, hard to describe) during shifting? I get it in all gears but most noticeably while reversing, while I have the clutch in.
I heard the same noise when my FiST had only few travel miles…..(My FiST has manual transmission)...I put some lubricating grease near the clutch pedal piston, and it worked [wink]