Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #41
Extremely interested in seeing some numbers on 93.. no e85 locally
I just reviewed the datalog from the highest power run from yesterday
full boost by 3200 RPM
highest lb/min airflow was 32.75 which is pretty impressive

93 octane will yield 280-290whp dependent on your supporting mods, elevation and dyno type used.

I’ve been waiting on the right turbo and I think I’m jumping on this one. I’ve owned the fiesta since May and have put 2500 light miles on it. The goal was always to go with a large hybrid (I wasss waiting on the rt330[histerical]). I just picked up a whoosh v2 intercooler and catless downpipe along with 1 step colder plugs. I have a 3” thermal pipe, I’ll be running a dump directly off the downpipe until I fabricate an exhaust. Additionally, I have an aftermaket intake filter and larger elbow piping.

Regarding the turbo and my goals for it, I’ll be running e30. Is there anything else I should be looking to add to the car prior to installing the turbo and doing initial data logging? Also, with goals to push near 330whp, would I be wrong in assuming a 14 psi set wastegate being preferred to an 11 psi one?

GTP

How are you guys at +300 whp putting power down in the real world? I am Dizzy stage 1 on E30 and I have a tough time keeping the tires from spinning into powder on cold 20-40 degree asphalt.

I’ve been playing with different settings on the Cobb TC and it still flashes a ton....[confuse]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #44
I’ve been waiting on the right turbo and I think I’m jumping on this one. I’ve owned the fiesta since May and have put 2500 light miles on it. The goal was always to go with a large hybrid (I wasss waiting on the rt330[histerical]). I just picked up a whoosh v2 intercooler and catless downpipe along with 1 step colder plugs. I have a 3” thermal pipe, I’ll be running a dump directly off the downpipe until I fabricate an exhaust. Additionally, I have an aftermaket intake filter and larger elbow piping.

Regarding the turbo and my goals for it, I’ll be running e30. Is there anything else I should be looking to add to the car prior to installing the turbo and doing initial data logging? Also, with goals to push near 330whp, would I be wrong in assuming a 14 psi set wastegate being preferred to an 11 psi one?
thanks for considering our turbo
you're going to need a lot more fuel than the OEM DI system can support to get near 330whp. In order to approach the 330whp goal I suggest an aux fuel system from Peron or possibly Stratified.
We offer the 4 port from Peron.
As for the wastegate, the 11psi seems to have the best reaction and drivability as well as most tuners prefer it. You can use the 14psi if you wish but there is no significant gain from the choice.

thanks for considering our turbo
you're going to need a lot more fuel than the OEM DI system can support to get near 330whp. In order to approach the 330whp goal I suggest an aux fuel system from Peron or possibly Stratified.
We offer the 4 port from Peron.
As for the wastegate, the 11psi seems to have the best reaction and drivability as well as most tuners prefer it. You can use the 14psi if you wish but there is no significant gain from the choice.
Appreciate the insight. As there isn’t much data on the turbo yet, I’ll probably start with an ethanol mix and see where it gets. The car is not my daily so I have no issue with getting aggressive on the tuning and continuously remapping to gather information on its capabilities.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it's not too much to ask, could you post that dyno run with RPMs on the x-axis instead of mph? Thanks for offering a great option here. I'm gonna wait until one final option hits the street in the next couple of months b4 deciding.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #47
If it's not too much to ask, could you post that dyno run with RPMs on the x-axis instead of mph? Thanks for offering a great option here. I'm gonna wait until one final option hits the street in the next couple of months b4 deciding.
I'll see if I can get a file, Wesley was given a print out as seen in the picture. That's all I was given although I do have the logs which can be thrown in vdyno

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I would too but don't think it's an option
can you show me some from other hybrid turbos?
No, I have not seen maps from the any of the other hybrids turbos either. This is not really a criticism but it is something I like to see when I am going to purchase a turbo, any turbo.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #51
No, I have not seen maps from the any of the other hybrids turbos either. This is not really a criticism but it is something I like to see when I am going to purchase a turbo, any turbo.
not taking it that way, I just think obtaining one is no easy talk. I've only seen them from Garrett, Borg Warner, etc.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #52
packing session from last night, we are are trying to keep up with demand right now. Still taking core turbos as well everyone
thank you for the support!

I'd like to hear about driveability as soon as info is available. I realize this is more butt-dyno, n=1...

Compared to stock turbo, how is part-throttle response between 2-3k rpm? How fast does it spool? Does it kick in hard like the stock turbo? etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for the work on what looks to be another great option!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #54
I'd like to hear about driveability as soon as info is available. I realize this is more butt-dyno, n=1...

Compared to stock turbo, how is part-throttle response between 2-3k rpm? How fast does it spool? Does it kick in hard like the stock turbo? etc, etc, etc.

response and initial hit is very close to stock
I was just discussing this with Wesley
it's difficult to tell the difference between this turbo and stock under normal driving conditions until you are wide open throttle of course then there are significant differences [thumb]

Driveability is just like stock. It is virtually identical to stock until you get to around 4000rpm, it just keeps pulling like a freight train. Happy to answer any other questions.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Glad to hear these are selling and pleasing customers.

I've been following this thread and am interested in more data beyond the initial dyno plot posted....is more info coming? It would be epic to see dyno sheets/results for a 93 pump gas tune and an e30 tune, the only thing presented so far is the "91 plus a few gallons of 100" info which isn't what most folks will be putting in their cars. Also would love to hear about install experience, drivability, etc. Any more info/reviews would be awesome.

I realize there is more info on Facebook but could it be posted here as well?

Thanks and congrats again, looks like we have a big win here!

[biggrin]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #59

I've been following this thread and am interested in more data beyond the initial dyno plot posted....is more info coming? It would be epic to see dyno sheets/results for a 93 pump gas tune and an e30 tune, the only thing presented so far is the "91 plus a few gallons of 100" info which isn't what most folks will be putting in their cars. Also would love to hear about install experience, drivability, etc. Any more info/reviews would be awesome.

[biggrin]
I think it's the time of year. We had an install just wrapped up last night in New Mexico, will be 91/e30 JST tuned. Not sure if I'll have more than a log to add to a vdyno from him but it's something.
Not everyone is going to make a dyno day of it in February but the numbers will certainly start trickling in. For now I'll keep adding what I can when I can.

CSM

1000 Post Club

[biggrin]
Agreed on all points! I mentioned basically same thing on FB