Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Sound like it would be a pain to guess how much concentration of which octane you'd need unless you run it near to empty on the gauge.
They have apps out there where you put in your fuel percentage% shown on your accessport and it will tell you exactly how many gallons of each for E30. You could be at 63%, or 27% it doesn't matter. Obviously your fuel percentage is based on the tank size but that is part of the number you insert. I personally don't run E30 because there is no E85 near me, and I will not drive out of my way.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Would anyone be interested in buying my x47r that was never installed. Just sitting in the box. I mean from PumaSpeed without a core, tax, higher shipping etc they’re $1500 or so. Would be cheaper than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pm’d

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Would anyone be interested in buying my x47r that was never installed. Just sitting in the box. I mean from PumaSpeed without a core, tax, higher shipping etc they’re $1500 or so. Would be cheaper than that.

Hey if you still have this, please pm me.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just dyno'd mine last week. Keep in mind this is X47, not X47R.

277/322 on 93
304/337 on RG concentrate

See my full X47 honest review thread for more info.

Okay guys I need some help. Today I went to install my X47R that I've had for a bit. The install went smoothly apart from missing two studs that hold the exhaust manifold to the head. When I did my first start I got clouds of white smoke out of the exhaust. The odor of the smoke is strange, doesn't have a distinct smell to it. My question is has anyone else had out of the box failures of this turbo? Does anyone know how pumaspeed handles these kind of warranties? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks for reading.
Hey man, same thing happened to me. I ordered the X47R package from stratified and received the same faulty turbo as you described. Immediately after start up a ton of white smoke that smells weird comes from the car. I contacted Alex and stratified and they referred me to pumaspeed. They said i have to pay for the shipping which they guess is going be around $80 which is complete B.S. because it was an out of the box failure. I am worried it is going to take an extremely long amount of time to be resolved. I will keep you guys posted.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey man, same thing happened to me. I ordered the X47R package from stratified and received the same faulty turbo as you described. Immediately after start up a ton of white smoke that smells weird comes from the car. I contacted Alex and stratified and they referred me to pumaspeed. They said i have to pay for the shipping which they guess is going be around $80 which is complete B.S. because it was an out of the box failure. I am worried it is going to take an extremely long amount of time to be resolved. I will keep you guys posted.
This is one reason why I was hesitant at buying a pumaspeed product....No warranty support here stateside.....you need to send it in to them and inconvenience you as a consumer......Plus your FiST is taken apart and some people its their only vehicle. Putting them in an even harder place! F-that Noise!

Boy do I love an active forum. Unfortunately i didn't take that into consideration when getting the turbo :( . Hopefully they resolve this is a quick and professional manner. I heard the X47R is a real gem when it's done right. SO i am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. For now i guess i have to take another couple hours and put back on the OEM turbo.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Boy do I love an active forum. Unfortunately i didn't take that into consideration when getting the turbo :( . Hopefully they resolve this is a quick and professional manner. I heard the X47R is a real gem when it's done right. SO i am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. For now i guess i have to take another couple hours and put back on the OEM turbo.
Get your money back if possible....Contact Ron at whoosh and get one of his whoosh hybrids...Its Born here in the USA and help is stateside and you can even speak with Ron directly or just say f^&K IT and Get a GEN2 GTX2860R and go big and NOT home! [hihi]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Get your money back if possible....Contact Ron at whoosh and get one of his whoosh hybrids...Its Born here in the USA and help is stateside and you can even speak with Ron directly or just say f^&K IT and Get a GEN2 GTX2860R and go big and NOT home! [hihi]

Hey typhoon, what was your otd all parts included total$ on everything for the 2860r? To me it's the be all end all turbo but way more money than a hybrid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey typhoon, what was your otd all parts included total$ on everything for the 2860r? To me it's the be all end all turbo but way more money than a hybrid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Got my ATP Turbo kit From a forum member for $1700....it was brand new never Installed with A Tial BOV ....ATP Hot charge pipe ETC. My intercooler is an BravoAlpha for $470. There are deals to be had on the Forum that's for sure....you just have to be quick on the Draw and watch the forsale section like a Hawk.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Did you prime the turbo correctly to ensure it was lubricated?

I love my X-47, no complaints here. Shit, if anything it now spools TOO fast and at waste gate spring pressure it can boost surge a bit. Not an issue as I just go full throttle! Ha!

Did you prime the turbo correctly to ensure it was lubricated?

I love my X-47, no complaints here. Shit, if anything it now spools TOO fast and at waste gate spring pressure it can boost surge a bit. Not an issue as I just go full throttle! Ha!
Hey man, yes I did make sure to hold the accelerator and clutch down for 10 seconds 3 times to ensure it was lubrictaed. I HIGHLY doubt it was an install issue because the exact same thing happened to Mike Shoe (different forum member) and he bought the exact same package as me.

Interesting. Do you know the cause? Bad seal?

Not yet, i am shipping back the turbo (Which i have to pay for which is BS) Once they tell me what the issue was (which i doubt they will) i will let you guys know. The fact that this has happened to two people who bought the exact same package from the same company makes me a little weary about the quality of their products. I am going ot follow through with installing the X47R considering i have already paid the $90 in shipping.

I paid for the shipping to ship the turbo back. The gentleman from pumaspeed didn't seem to care that it was an out of the box failure. Personally if someone receives my faulty product and their car is down i would do everything i can do resolve it for the person. It just shows customer service is dead and all they care about is making a quick buck. I have to now take the faulty turbo off my car which should be fun considering it took me 6 hours to do it with a friend and now i'm alone.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Not yet, i am shipping back the turbo (Which i have to pay for which is BS) Once they tell me what the issue was (which i doubt they will) i will let you guys know. The fact that this has happened to two people who bought the exact same package from the same company makes me a little weary about the quality of their products. I am going ot follow through with installing the X47R considering i have already paid the $90 in shipping.
Two out of how many sold??

But really, you could have both made the same mistake.

Hopefully the problem is solved quickly, there are only so many moving parts on a turbo...

Two out of how many sold??

But really, you could have both made the same mistake.

Hopefully the problem is solved quickly, there are only so many moving parts on a turbo...
I appreciate the response, I don't know what i could have done wrong. I followed the directions to a T and have gone over the car 3 times now. I'm not saying it is not user error but when the turbo has 0 miles on it and it fails on start up it sure feels like a defect. Like you said i hope they handle it quickly as there are only so many pieces. Thanks.