Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
View attachment 19978

View attachment 19979

Installed new Sparco R333 seat. This thing fits just like a factory seat with the Planted seat bracket. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sits a litter higher than I like. It's probably about the same height as a stock Recaro seat but I just prefer to sit lower. Other than that the seat is great for a daily driver. It's a really good option for bigger guys and gals that don't want the spend the extra money for the Recaros.
Thats a nice seat!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Drill from the front with a ⅜" - ½" bit to cut out the majority of the material and then an angle grinder with a 60 grit sanding flap disk to remove the rest from the back. Go slow with the sanding because the plastic can and will melt into a goopy mess if it gets too hot.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk
Thanks man, but I might be stuck with only a drill and a Dremel for a while, maybe I can use the drill bit first and maybe clean up a bit with the Dremel... I have the same phone too, love it, but I still post mostly from PC, I guess I'm kinda old at almost 47 but am a techy guy who works at Intel, hehe...

neeqness

1000 Post Club
View attachment 19978

View attachment 19979

Installed new Sparco R333 seat. This thing fits just like a factory seat with the Planted seat bracket. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sits a litter higher than I like. It's probably about the same height as a stock Recaro seat but I just prefer to sit lower. Other than that the seat is great for a daily driver. It's a really good option for bigger guys and gals that don't want the spend the extra money for the Recaros.
I like that seat too. How much did you have to pay for it?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thanks man, but I might be stuck with only a drill and a Dremel for a while, maybe I can use the drill bit first and maybe clean up a bit with the Dremel... I have the same phone too, love it, but I still post mostly from PC, I guess I'm kinda old at almost 47 but am a techy guy who works at Intel, hehe...
You can get a crappy angle grinder from hf for 20 bucks. Should at least last the job. Flap disc is only a few bucks. It would be way way faster than a dremel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You can get a crappy angle grinder from hf for 20 bucks. Should at least last the job. Flap disc is only a few bucks. It would be way way faster than a dremel.

Nice, I'm all about HF, they actually have some newer decent higher house brand stuff too, I'll have to check it out... But also, I'm considering only doing a couple of the rows anyway, so I'll have to weigh my options.

Edit: I'm still unsure what to get, I see an electric grinder for under $20, I guess I don't understand what I need to fit in the small grlll holes...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It wasn't too bad around $480 online
OK, I see the seat is $477 from Amazon but then the bracket is like $140 on top of that right? There are some decent ones even cheaper too and I would love to do at least the driver side. I'm just too afraid of being screwed hard if I get into an accident with air bag deployment and my or other drivers car insurance tries to say they won't cover any injuries... I do have the VA to fall back on for healthcare, but would suck getting creamed by someone else and the first thing they say is "OH, you don't have a drivers SIDE airbag, we aren't aren't going to pay for shit!" Does anyone know about this from experience or otherwise? As much as it sucks I think that's why used stock Recaro's are so valuable...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Before I change mine out, I am going to call the insurance company and ask them if I can add an extra cost rider on to the medical in order to be fully insured sans their mandated exploding whoopee cushions both in the seats, and in the steering wheel (since I want to change that out as well). ;)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Nice, I'm all about HF, they actually have some newer decent higher house brand stuff too, I'll have to check it out... But also, I'm considering only doing a couple of the rows anyway, so I'll have to weigh my options.

Edit: I'm still unsure what to get, I see an electric grinder for under $20, I guess I don't understand what I need to fit in the small grlll holes...
I tend to do alot of projects so I have a lot of tools. If I think I'm not going to use a tool more than for the current project I'll grab a HF pos. They usually have a 90 warranty and if it takes a shit you go get another one. I have not done this specific mod but I understand what needs to be done. Drill out the honeycomb from the front to get a lot of the material out of the way. Then flap disc the back side a lil at a time to avoid melting the plastic. Here is a cheap option and comes with a flap disc.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I tend to do alot of projects so I have a lot of tools. If I think I'm not going to use a tool more than for the current project I'll grab a HF pos. They usually have a 90 warranty and if it takes a shit you go get another one. I have not done this specific mod but I understand what needs to be done. Drill out the honeycomb from the front to get a lot of the material out of the way. Then flap disc the back side a lil at a time to avoid melting the plastic. Here is a cheap option and comes with a flap disc.
Thanks for the idea, I saw on the HF site some too, including flap disc for a few bucks, but yeah amazon has some deals too, I got an electric ratchet really cheap ona flash sale and love it... But I still don't get how you fit a 4" grinder disc in there without taking off the entire bumper/grill, I'd still rather just take out a couple of rows using a Dremel from the front otherwise I'll do all that when I upgrade my intercooler this summer.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the idea, I saw on the HF site some too, including flap disc for a few bucks, but yeah amazon has some deals too, I got an electric ratchet really cheap ona flash sale and love it... But I still don't get how you fit a 4" grinder disc in there without taking off the entire bumper/grill, I'd still rather just take out a couple of rows using a Dremel from the front otherwise I'll do all that when I upgrade my intercooler this summer.
I thought removing the grill or bumper was implied. ( my bad. No sarcasm.) It would make all the sense in the world to do so when you do the intercooler. It's funny that the fist looks like it was in a wreck when one installes an intercooler. I sent a picture to a buddy and he asked me what I hit.

brbauer2

[emoji2361]

Yeah, was assuming the bumper was coming off too.

If you're not removing it, then just a Dremel makes total sense. Going to be tedious as all hell though.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I thought removing the grill or bumper was implied. ( my bad. No sarcasm.) It would make all the sense in the world to do so when you do the intercooler. It's funny that the fist looks like it was in a wreck when one installes an intercooler. I sent a picture to a buddy and he asked me what I hit.

[emoji2361]

Yeah, was assuming the bumper was coming off too.

If you're not removing it, then just a Dremel makes total sense. Going to be tedious as all hell though.

Thanks for clarifying guys, I guess I can try a Dremel, maybe practice and see which bits work best, etc. and if all else fails wait and do it all when I do my intercooler.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thanks for clarifying guys, I guess I can try a Dremel, maybe practice and see which bits work best, etc. and if all else fails wait and do it all when I do my intercooler.
It will work but take a long time to complete is all.

brbauer2

IMO, wait to do it with the intercooler. Much higher chance of screwing up from the front. Also, the crash bar isn't painted. You can get that taken care of with the bumper off. I used masking paper to block the radiator and other bits and sprayed an etching primer topped with satin black.

joesiris

bits.jpg
added the reservoir caps to go with the oil cap and battery tie down, nothing to major, but I had put some bits on the car a while ago and hadn't really done too much since and told myself that its time to start going for it. So I created a long list (most from whoosh motorsports) and will buy some of the less expensive stuff right off the bat and save up for some of the other stuff and just go for it.