Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Dpro

6000 Post Club
$1000 seems steep.
Probably is compared to labor rates in your area. I look at and go hmmm not bad at $70 an hour that's about 12.5 hours. If you look up the hour rate for a turbo remove and install you can get your actual price here or there. Labor rates vary from area to area for instance labor on the San Fancisco Peninsula is a whopping $150 an hour.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
It didn't dawn on me until lustabfast mentioned it that Mountune will install it as well if you want
Mountune told me that they will not install down-pipes nor turbos due to California clean air laws, even if you are from out of state. They will do radiators and LSD's. The 2 days and $1000 does match about what they said for a LSD install.

Mountune told me that they will not install down-pipes nor turbos due to California clean air laws, even if you are from out of state. They will do radiators and LSD's. The 2 days and $1000 does match about what they said for a LSD install.
Wow, you got Mountune to talk to you? Sort of a joke, but sort of not. I e-mailed Mountune about a week ago when I was on the fence about the MRX turbo kit. I had several questions for them about it, and about their tuning. I didn't hear back.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It is a 12.5 hour job?
According to what Wraith said they needed the car for two days which makes one assume that it's at least a 10-12 hour job given th fact that labor rates around LA are $70 an hour and for 1k that would be about 12.5 hours.

Thing is the job could be done quicker but flat rate is how mechanics make money The rate book says flat rate is 5 hours at say $70 an hour.
So the mechanic tells the customer that it will be $350 for the work and then does it in 2-3 hours or less.
Unless something unforseeble happens at which point he calls the customer and tells them it's worse and it's going to cost extra. Lol that's how it works.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
According to what Wraith said they needed the car for two days which makes one assume that it's at least a 10-12 hour job given th fact that labor rates around LA are $70 an hour and for 1k that would be about 12.5 hours.

Thing is the job could be done quicker but flat rate is how mechanics make money The rate book says flat rate is 5 hours at say $70 an hour.
So the mechanic tells the customer that it will be $350 for the work and then does it in 2-3 hours or less.
Unless something unforseeble happens at which point he calls the customer and tells them it's worse and it's going to cost extra. Lol that's how it works.
Very very true.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow, you got Mountune to talk to you? Sort of a joke, but sort of not. I e-mailed Mountune about a week ago when I was on the fence about the MRX turbo kit. I had several questions for them about it, and about their tuning. I didn't hear back.
Eh, I've always just called their office. They usually have a tech or engineer available...except at lunch. Getting a response with a 2-3 minutes hold on a phone is fantastic.

Not sure if it's hit or miss, or maybe they brought new staff on-board? I get responses same day or the next day.

Better options out there. The kit just doesnt produce the numbers that are stated. Believe me, I went around and around with this turbo.
What type of numbers did you end up seeing? Did you have it dyno’ed? Otherwise did the car run well with it on?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I’ve been looking for updates on your new setup but haven’t seen any. Got any info?
Im out the ST game once again but the kit was nicely put together but I felt the power wasnt there. I was seeing less Lb Min than i had with my c39. The turbo just wasnt a gd choice. I regretted it.

What type of numbers did you end up seeing? Did you have it dyno’ed? Otherwise did the car run well with it on?
About 28lb a min on a 80 degree night. C39 was doing 30 lb min same conditions. No Dynos, Car ran like normal. I did not like the lag compared to a hybrid.

Im out the ST game once again but the kit was nicely put together but I felt the power wasnt there. I was seeing less Lb Min than i had with my c39. The turbo just wasnt a gd choice. I regretted it.

About 28lb a min on a 80 degree night. C39 was doing 30 lb min same conditions. No Dynos, Car ran like normal. I did not like the lag compared to a hybrid.
Thanks for your input on the turbos. What car are you in now?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're spot on....this is why I have one in my possession....awaiting install this spring. I was thinking the same thing!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Ohh just saw you got 28lbs/min, that's not 280hp lol. But that's right in the 2554 wheelhouse. P.s. your not making 300hp on your hybrid either. Hit a dyno.
Its been proven that Hybrids can make 300whp. I never stated what i made, i stated Lb a min. I no longer have a Fist so I guess it really doesnt matter. I have 5.0 now with a P1.

P.s. Fuck a dyno.