Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^It is NOT the 'look' of just a 15" wheel and tall side wall, "meaty" tire which I personally cannot stand [nono], it is the spoke patterns/designs of so many of the popular feather weight wheels so many advocate for on these cars. [wink]

YOUR 15x8 Pro Race 1.2s, to me personally, are one of the absolute BEST LOOKING wheels of any size, which one can install on these cars (and NOT overly portly either, albeit not light enough for the 'weight weenie' absolutists)! [twothumb]

One of the ONLY reasons they are not on my car instead of the same wheel I have in a 17x8, is because the 225/45-15 tires I wanted to put on them are a full HALF inch shorter in overall diameter than our factory setup, and I did not want the huuugggeee fender gap which would be the result unless I improperly 'slammed' the suspension down onto them, at which point they would probably rub everywhere. [:(]

I know that you will say to put a 195/55 or 205/50 on them, but I REFUSE TO install something of that section size on an 8" wide wheel, no matter how wide the measured tread width of said individual tires may be, nor how much the 'stretch' would supposedly help the handling/turn-in.
Hell, I had 255/50s (Comp 2s no less) on 8" wide wheels on the summer setup of my last car, all around, and they were just FINE on turn-in. ;)

LILIKE16ST

^^^It is NOT the 'look' of just a 15" wheel and tall side wall, "meaty" tire which I personally cannot stand [nono], it is the spoke patterns/designs of so many of the popular feather weight wheels so many advocate for on these cars. [wink]

YOUR 15x8 Pro Race 1.2s, to me personally, are one of the absolute BEST LOOKING wheels of any size, which one can install on these cars (and NOT overly portly either, albeit not light enough for the 'weight weenie' absolutists)! [twothumb]

One of the ONLY reasons they are not on my car instead of the same wheel I have in a 17x8, is because the 225/45-15 tires I wanted to put on them are a full HALF inch shorter in overall diameter than our factory setup, and I did not want the huuugggeee fender gap which would be the result unless I improperly 'slammed' the suspension down onto them, at which point they would probably rub everywhere. [:(]

I know that you will say to put a 195/55 or 205/50 on them, but I REFUSE TO install something of that section size on an 8" wide wheel, no matter how wide the measured tread width of said individual tires may be, nor how much the 'stretch' would supposedly help the handling/turn-in.
Hell, I had 255/50s (Comp 2s no less) on 8" wide wheels on the summer setup of my last car, all around, and they were just FINE on turn-in. ;)
A half inch is only 1/4 inch difference on fender gap...I think you're overanilyzing alot of this stuff. They would look just fine with a typical 1 inch drop with the 225/45 on there. It would be like having 3/4 inch drop with stock od tires....I would not call that a huge tire gap even the stock tire gap isn't huge on these cars. No need to nit pick so much. I mean I'm just saying...I do it sometimes too but I thi k we all, myself included, over think some of these things and nit pick a little much.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Personally I bought this car for it's great handling ability. I will stick was the stock tire size I think it's absolutely great. I have never been a fan of most aftermarket wheels. I will keep my 17 inch wheels, and my ultra high performance summer Tires always. I daily drive a 2010 Ford Focus.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

If you have not ran 205/50 on 8 inch wheels you would not understand...feels awesome and isn't overly stretched...225 rivals are just too much tire for most people imo....nothing wrong with that but if you're not big turbo and/or running your car at the track often I just don't see the need honestly. You can have just as much fun with less weight and more life with other tires. You're too focused on sidewall markings but that's what we've always learned to do, that includes myself. It don't matter if it's "205" or "225" what matters is how the tire fits and performs. I think if there were two identical tires in every way somehow one was 205 one was 225 and the 225 was 10 bucks more per tire most would go with 225 simply so they can say they have a "225" on their car like for real lol. People are so fixated on tbose sidewall numbers...I just don't get it.

There are other wheels in 15 I would run on this car. I happen to like the way the 6ul looks I'd trade mine any day for them if they were our bolt pattern. I like the ultralegras and they're super light at 12 lbs but they're 7 inches wide and more expensive but I'd def run 5hem for sure. Even the 15x7.5 slipstreams aren't a has option and are in the 13 lbs range. The 7 inch wide pro race 1.2 isn't bad either in the 13 lbs range but I do prefer the more concave looking 8 inch wide versions they just look better to me. I'm going to run 205 continental extreme contact sport they're 8.4 section (the 225 bfg are only like 8.9 section with under 8 tread width) and they have 6.9tread width but you gotta understand that is measured on a 6.5 inch wheel. I mean it's obvious it's going to be wider on an 8 inch. I think it's more than enough for a spirited daily that isn't tracked and they're supposed to be 18.3 lbs based on what I've read that's nearly 3 lbs less than the 225 rival or the 195 bfg I am running. That's a decent amount of weight. I understand some want 200 tw I get it I really do. I'd run them if I was loaded with cash and could afford tk pay 600+ for tires at least once a year if not more. I would rather pay 350 a set and have them last me 2 warm seasons if not 3. Not to mention I'll have plenty of performance for my non tracked stock turbo car. Just my .02 oppinion are like butts we all got em lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For me personally to run a 205 on a 15x8, they would have to be abnormally wide in tread width. ;)

Something like the Yoko A048s, which are an 8.2" thread width on ONLY a 6.5" wide measuring wheel, or maybe the Nitto NT-05, depending upon what the actual TREAD width is on those donuts. ;)

I would not install 6ULs on this car (or ANY other I would own), even if they were a 4x108, and even if they not only weighed NOTHING themselves, but actually somehow miraculously pulled weight off of the rest of the car!!! LOL

Yup, everyone has an opinion on wheel aesthetics, just like the body part. ;)

In my opinion i don’t really care about weight as long as it’s not heavier than stock I’m fine :shrug. But if I can find some white work emotions in 4x108 for a decent price then I’ll be all over them like white on rice. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Putting aesthetics aside for just a moment...

People worry so much about turn in but really it's not as big of an issue as you think going from a 17" to a 15". Most tend to only increase the sidewall a little by going to 205/50 or even 225/45, even with my 195/55 I find that raising the psi a little pretty much negates the turn in issue. Especially since the height of my wheel is same height as stock. The more important thing really is how grippy your tire is. The weight loss alone (if you choose to go that route) will improve handling and performance all around over stock. If you have a good tire and adjust your air pressure accordingly, turn-in is really not an issue here.

Turn in could be more of an issue if you are increasing wheel (including tire) height, but nearly everyone here is talking of maintaining stock height, some even decrease it a little.

Just some things to consider for those who feel like a 15" wheel would negatively affect handling. It is actually likely more the opposite.

Keep in mind too that compared to most cars in our class, a 17" stock wheel is actually quite large. Most subcompact have 15" wheels stock and a few may even have 14". I think the main reason we have 17" wheels stock is for looks, not performance. Base Fiesta is 15" wheel OEM.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Well I have decided on 17x8. No 15s for me. I just need to decide on the Rota Grid or the Rota Recce. Either will be hyper black on my Magnetic Metallic. What would y'all choose?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Well I have decided on 17x8. No 15s for me. I just need to decide on the Rota Grid or the Rota Recce. Either will be hyper black on my Magnetic Metallic. What would y'all choose?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grids are played out...........

Oakos still has RPF1's in 16x7. They claim to be less than 14lbs as well. Timeless design, more strength and durability than any reps like rota, although I've never had a problem with reps. That's my plan as long as they stay in stock till I have enough pennies.

I may have spoke to soon they can make them in 4x108 [emoji322][emoji322] now gotta decided which ones I want and what offset. Most likely it’ll be the CR’s

“Hello,

Which wheel would you like to go with:

WORK Emotion 11R: widest 17" they produce is 17x7.0
WORK Emotion CR Kiwami: they make a 17x8.0 but in +35 or +47
WORK Emotion D9R: widest 17" they produce is 17x7.0
WORK Emotion T7R: widest 17" they produce is 17x7.0
WORK Emotion M8R: they make a 17x8.0 but in +32 or +45

Therefore, that leaves the CR Kiwami or M8R as the closest options:

1. WORK Emotion CR Kiwami or M8R

Please note that the wheels will take about 16+ weeks and center caps are sold separately.”

I may have spoke to soon they can make them in 4x108 [emoji322][emoji322] now gotta decided which ones I want and what offset. Most likely it’ll be the CR’s

“Hello,

Please note that the wheels will take about 16+ weeks and center caps are sold separately.”

Where did you find the Work Emotion Cr-Kai's?

“Hello,

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Why aren't Enkei J10s more popular? They're light. They look very similar to Team Dynamics 1.2s. They're a bargain. Sizes are limited, but the 16x7s definitely have my interest peaked. Just wondering [scratch]

A lot of asking around until I got in contact with Fitment industry’s. They contacted one of their reps and sent me that response. I’m just waiting for the cost atm.

I really don’t know what offset I’m going to run cause I plan on going 215/40 or 205/45 with swift lower springs and don’t not want to rub.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Why aren't Enkei J10s more popular? They're light. They look very similar to Team Dynamics 1.2s. They're a bargain. Sizes are limited, but the 16x7s definitely have my interest peaked. Just wondering [scratch]
Dual bolt pattern wheels kill it for
Me.........

A lot of asking around until I got in contact with Fitment industry’s. They contacted one of their reps and sent me that response. I’m just waiting for the cost atm.

I really don’t know what offset I’m going to run cause I plan on going 215/40 or 205/45 with swift lower springs and don’t not want to rub.

If you don't want to rub, general consensus is you're not going to be able to fit a 205/45 on a 17x8 when you're lowered without some work. I'm in the same boat on the tire hunt for the new wheels, I will be on swift as well, but looking at 215/40 or a wider 205/40 (like BFG SC2's).

Side note question, when you get the price estimate back and it's crazy (probably like $1500 plus valve stems and center caps), have you considered just doing the 4x100 conversion to the car and opening up your wheel options immensely? That's pretty much the reason I'm going to do it.