Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

LILIKE16ST

I doubt lower than ambient temps with any air to air but with mine running a stratified e30 tune on stock turbo I generally run between 1-4 degrees over ambient temps cruising and a full 4th gear pull from 2500 rpm to redline I only raised about 7 degrees from what my starting temp was at the time and I've tried this on multiple occasions....2nd and 3rd gear pulls rise even less. It is a wonderful intercooler for the price for sure as is the whoosh (which was not available when I bought my depo a year and a half ago).

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm running a Depo on a stock turbo and I've never seen below ambient. Except that one time I drove through Narnia.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The actual show that was on PBS ...way....way back was excellent. My dad read us those books and the Lord of the rings trilogy when I was young.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
The actual show that was on PBS ...way....way back was excellent. My dad read us those books and the Lord of the rings trilogy when I was young.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah I actually own the BBC DVDs they're not too bad. Effects aren't the best but they are like 35 years old so they're decent enough for the time. Acting is great though. Read the books to my kids as well. Great stuff.

Everyone is having fun with this one, but theoretically, I think an air-to-air intercooler could actually provide lower than ambient temperatures assuming the intercooler got wet and the water evaporated at a reasonable rate, which would happen with a wet vehicle in motion and air blowing across the intercooler.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet-bulb_temperature

It's been a while since I've taken any systems classes (architecture), but I think I got that right. We did tests where we used one of those wet-bulb thermometers you swing around and got it to read lower than ambient.

However, in practice... I doubt anyone could demonstrate any appreciable effect in a car outside of controlled test conditions.

I'll leave the rest of the discussion the Mythbusters team. I stirred the pot, now I'm out [ninja]

Just a heads up for anyone looking to upgrade to an X-37. I will be posting my X-37 for sale in the classifieds here in a few days once my new turbo comes in and I remove this one. I bought it brand new from Stratified a few weeks ago. It has 500 miles on it and will come with the big elbow, and Turbosmart 11# WGA.

This turbo worked great, but I need a larger turbo with more flow for my high elevation.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Just a heads up for anyone looking to upgrade to an X-37. I will be posting my X-37 for sale in the classifieds here in a few days once my new turbo comes in and I remove this one. I bought it brand new from Stratified a few weeks ago. It has 500 miles on it and will come with the big elbow, and Turbosmart 11# WGA.

This turbo worked great, but I need a larger turbo with more flow for my high elevation.
How much?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I may very well be interested in that! Why did you make the change/what did you go with?
I am making the switch because for me, at the elevation I live at, the X-37 doesn't flow enough air to overcome the thinner air to achieve the power that I desire. If I lived at a lower elevation, this would have been enough. Well, I say that, but we always want more power don't we? I am going with the Revo turbo.

I will probably be removing the turbo today and posting it up in the classifieds.

I am making the switch because for me, at the elevation I live at, the X-37 doesn't flow enough air to overcome the thinner air to achieve the power that I desire. If I lived at a lower elevation, this would have been enough. Well, I say that, but we always want more power don't we? I am going with the Revo turbo.

I will probably be removing the turbo today and posting it up in the classifieds.
Gotcha, I haven't looked into the x37 too much because if I was going to spend the money I had intended to go with an x47r or the MRX, but at that price point now you've got me thinking. What were your numbers on that set up?

Gotcha, I haven't looked into the x37 too much because if I was going to spend the money I had intended to go with an x47r or the MRX, but at that price point now you've got me thinking. What were your numbers on that set up?
Most folks get 250-290WHP depending on fuel/mods. I was on the low end of that on E30 due to elevation (250ish Vdyno).

I ordered it on February 27th, it was delivered March 2nd, and it got installed on March 3rd. So, its literally been on the car 3 weeks ;)

Last edited:
Posted for sale in the classified section.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So is x-37 the least expensive way to go with maybe only a FMIC and downpipe needed along with the turbo (and wastegate and BOV)? Looking for current lower cost/lower power options, so who still does small/wide powerband turbo upgrades?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
So is x-37 the least expensive way to go with maybe only a FMIC and downpipe needed along with the turbo (and wastegate and BOV)? Looking for current lower cost/lower power options, so who still does small/wide powerband turbo upgrades?
That's the ticket. Unless you find something used or someone changes there mind. I bought a brand new X47 R with Mountune catted downpipe and DV + and new NGK plugs for 2k shipped.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That's the ticket. Unless you find something used or someone changes there mind. I bought a brand new X47 R with Mountune catted downpipe and DV + and new NGK plugs for 2k shipped.
Looks like I could still order an x37 from Pumaspeed but not as a complete kit... I'll just have to keep looking and researching, maybe a cyborg too if I can find one, will be a little while anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've had my X37 installed for over a year & a half, had the lifetime tuning from Adam before I bought the 37 so having him tune for 93 & e30 on X37 was a no-brainer. However, I'll sometimes see negative corrections ranging from less than -1 to -2 across ign corr. cyl's 1-4 when going WOT & I've seen them get in to the -3 to -4's before. What's everyone else's experiences with negative corrections been? I'd love to stick with Tune+ but if he can't fix this problem I'm probably going to have to get tuned elsewhere.

Last edited:
Has anyone switched from Tune+ to another tuner besides Ish? If so, what was your reasoning? I've had my X37 installed for over a year & a half, had the lifetime tuning from Adam before I bought the 37 so having him tune for 93 & e30 on X37 was a no-brainer. However, I'll frequently see negative corrections ranging from less than -1 to -2 across ign corr. cyl's 1-4 when going WOT & I've seen them get in to the -3 to -4's before. What's everyone else's experiences with negative corrections been? I'd love to stick with Tune+ but if he can't fix this problem I'm probably going to have to get tuned elsewhere. What do you guys think, any input/advice? I've been putting this off for a long time but I'm tired of babying my meanbean for the majority of the time I'm driving her bc being worried of the possibility of my engine going boom[paranoid]
What is your name and have you tried emailing me with said issue? If you have there is nothing in my inbox pending right now I haven't replied to. There might be if you sent it today as I have been assembling an engine for most of the day and haven't been back to my emails since this morning.

*EDIT, you just emailed me at 5:01p.m. today (33 minutes ago). I would appreciate it if you could send me a log of said issue so I can have a look at it. I'm not sure it was necessary to jump to switching tuners if you haven't given me a shot to address it yet. Tune hasn't been changed since September 2016. The tune hasn't changed so your corrections are a new issue, easily solvable with a little bit of dialogue.

What is your name and have you tried emailing me with said issue? If you have there is nothing in my inbox pending right now I haven't replied to. There might be if you sent it today as I have been assembling an engine for most of the day and haven't been back to my emails since this morning.

*EDIT, you just emailed me at 5:01p.m. today (33 minutes ago). I would appreciate it if you could send me a log of said issue so I can have a look at it. I'm not sure it was necessary to jump to switching tuners if you haven't given me a shot to address it yet. Tune hasn't been changed since September 2016. The tune hasn't changed so your corrections are a new issue, easily solvable with a little bit of dialogue.
I did in fact post on here about a half hour before e-mailing Adam about the problem. He's always been EXTREMELY fast with replies whenever I've e-mailed him questions in the past/sending tunes back & forth. I thought I had asked you about the negative corrections I was seeing previously & you had said not to worry about them but went back in my e-mails & turns out I had inquired about positive corrections I was seeing, not negative. Facepalm. Big misunderstanding on my part. This led me to not worry about any of the negative corrections I was seeing until recently I came across the post on stratifieds blog about "Understanding knock and ignition corrections". Completely my fault! Adam's always been a great tuner from my experiences & I recommend him to anybody & everybody looking for great tunes @ great prices[rockon]