Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

I had all of the braces installed for about a year before the swift springs. I also installed rpf1's and federal 595 rs-r tires at that time and had it aligned slightly more aggressive then stock. So i can't give you an impression on just the springs. I daily drive and just mess around on back roads. Love the springs, the ride better than I thought they would.

But from what I can tell the springs definately made it corner flatter. I don't think it made it understeer more. I drive in sport mode most of the time and it feels pretty neutral unless you push pretty hard and let off mid-corner. Then a bit of oversteer.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
Are you on stock shocks? How many people use these on stock struts?

I’m on the stock shocks for now until they die, most likely quickly. Then I’ll be moving to Koni Yellows or one of the bilstein options. Handles great and rides fine, this car won’t ride like a caddy with anything on these stock dampers. But unless you’re 80 years old with a bad back and hips, it’s no worse than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on stock shocks also. It really rides surprisingly well. And yeah running it like this until something happens. But swift says they dyno'd the factory struts and the springs are matched to them. So in theory they should last quite awhile. Great call on considering the springs. They impressed me

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

For those that have been running the Swift springs, how have they been holding up with the elements like snow, salt, etc? No issue with paint? I had some Lovells springs on my G8 and most of the paint chipped off. I went with Teins after that and they've held up solidly so far.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For those that have been running the Swift springs, how have they been holding up with the elements like snow, salt, etc? No issue with paint? I had some Lovells springs on my G8 and most of the paint chipped off. I went with Teins after that and they've held up solidly so far.
Tein makes springs/ANY parts for a G8?!?!

(and YES, I know they are Ozzie built/designed rides. ;) )

Yup! I have them paired with Koni Sport shocks/struts. Nearly perfect for my use although the Lovells shocks/struts/springs felt slightly better to me.

George

Dpro

6000 Post Club

TEIN springs are garbage as are there coilovers. Trust me I come from a world where they ran rampant they are junk. KW,Koni,Bilstein,Ohlin, for coils or shocks, Hyperco,Swift, for coils. Eibachs are ok not that great H&R are meh, Voightland heard decent things about no experience.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
--Anonymous Internet Guy

[deviltail]
Ok let me see, Random intennet guy aka drift freaq on Zilvia who makes and sells Polyurethane engine mounts for KA24DET’s, SR20DET’s,CA18DET’s for 240sx’s all years S13 and S14.
Started back in the 80’s with Datsun 510’s and 240Z’s had a Japanese Engine and transmission business Sun Performance Imports selling Nissan L series SSS engines and FJ20DET ( first Nissan 4 cylinder twin cams also Toyota Twin cams and Other Japanese engines and trans.

Built and owned many drift cars starting in 2001 been in the 240sx community since that time.

Hmmm maybe I might know a thing or two about Japanese suspension companies? Lol as I was pretty much around from before some of these companies even existed? Whats your experience since we are trying to call foul on people? Lol

Sorry but you forced me to drop the dine have a nice night.

Dave

Ok let me see, Random intennet guy aka drift freaq on Zilvia who makes and sells Polyurethane engine mounts for KA24DET’s, SR20DET’s,CA18DET’s for 240sx’s all years S13 and S14.
Started back in the 80’s with Datsun 510’s and 240Z’s had a Japanese Engine and transmission business Sun Performance Imports selling Nissan L series SSS engines and FJ20DET ( first Nissan 4 cylinder twin cams also Toyota Twin cams and Other Japanese engines and trans.

Built and owned many drift cars starting in 2001 been in the 240sx community since that time.

Hmmm maybe I might know a thing or two about Japanese suspension companies? Lol as I was pretty much around from before some of these companies even existed? Whats your experience since we are trying to call foul on people? Lol

Sorry but you forced me to drop the dine have a nice night.

Dave

Jesus H dude settle down. Just pointing out that asking someone on the Internet to trust you is a bit ridiculous. Not saying you don’t know your shit, just yanking your chain about the words you chose. Sheesh.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Jesus H dude settle down. Just pointing out that asking someone on the Internet to trust you is a bit ridiculous. Not saying you don’t know your shit, just yanking your chain about the words you chose. Sheesh.
No worries manI was not worked up. just figured since I was making the comment I would back it up. I knew you were yanking my chain with the smiley devil. I guess you did not realize I was tossing it back . Otherwise I would not have put the lol in.

No worries manI was not worked up. just figured since I was making the comment I would back it up. I knew you were yanking my chain with the smiley devil. I guess you did not realize I was tossing it back . Otherwise I would not have put the lol in.
[thumb]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Any word/update on your car yet? I did my paperwork monday as it was the last day of my private cash deal.
So my price is written in stone now. $19,678 before tax and license. Car is in the U.S. somewhere but the GPS trackers on the train have not been transmitting and we have no idea how close it is to landing in California. Last time we saw signal it was north of the border in Texas.
My Fleet manager said he said 3 vehicles in he exact same situation right now ( no GPS tracker signal from the respective trains).
So any day now.

I'm running Swift Spec R on the stock shocks. It does ride better than expected, but I do feel like I'm feeling a slight degrade in ride quality after about 5 months now. Shocks only have about 16k miles on them as well. It might just be in my head. Either way not ready to switch shocks just yet as it handles awesome and still rides fine!

I already have (and love) the Bilstein B6s on my '17, and just decided to go off the deep end and move up to STH for my local autocross events. Would it be cool to run the B6s with the Swifts, or would the B8s be that much better?

"B6s with the Swifts, or would the B8s be that much better?"

When I spoke with Bilstein I was told that the valving is the same for the B6 and B8.

LILIKE16ST

"B6s with the Swifts, or would the B8s be that much better?"

When I spoke with Bilstein I was told that the valving is the same for the B6 and B8.
I always read online b6 was more of an upgrade for stock springs or stock ride height and b8 was for a drop of up to 1+ inch this could be wrong though. Most I've seen pair b8 with them and that's what I'm going to go with when my stockers need replaced.

Just finished reading the bulk of this thread. Definitely want to do something about that ride height. In the pics someone posted the swifts look like they are progressive to me (different spacing between coils) - am I missing something?