Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed G25-550 turbo kit (reverse rotation) intro/review

felopr

As of right now base tune its seeing 17.85 psi at 3600 and this is with a large .72 A/R exhausting so it definitely going to
be interesting to see what it can do once the tuning is complete
Wait, base tune usually is on wastegate pressure, so the wastegate is a 17 psi gate? Damn kinda big no? 🤔

Hey man where you from? I have single aux fuel kit from Stratified i live in Denmark, i planned on using it and installed but sold the car and took it off before sale

Hey man where you from? I have single aux fuel kit from Stratified i live in Denmark, i planned on using it and installed but sold the car and took it off before sale
I'm in Augusta Ga. 30907 what are asking for it?

Wait, base tune usually is on wastegate pressure, so the wastegate is a 17 psi gate? Damn kinda big no? ??????
with a 18 psi spring the car was making 26.5 psi on base pressure no waste gate duty cycle, my tuner told me to install a 14 psi spring and now its making 21.5 psi with base pressure
still in the process of tuning... And still looking for a FUEL SYSTEM [wave]

Sekred

1000 Post Club
As of right now base tune its seeing 17.85 psi at 3600 and this is with a large .72 A/R exhausting so it definitely going to
be interesting to see what it can do once the tuning is complete

Nearly 18psi at 3600rpm looks reasonable with the .72A/R. Is that 3rd gear?.

Whats the idea with the reverse rotation by the way?, thanks.

felopr

with a 18 psi spring the car was making 26.5 psi on base pressure no waste gate duty cycle, my tuner told me to install a 14 psi spring and now its making 21.5 psi with base pressure
still in the process of tuning... And still looking for a FUEL SYSTEM [wave]
Not really a tuner myself but, isn't that still a lot of boost for only on wastegate pressure?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Any updates? Super curious.
@ SwAp GaS can comment more....I don't have the full 411 on this but he's waiting on some more parts, we texted a bunch but I don't remember it all...I think he mentioned a different manifold, and he just installed aux fuel as well....I think the turbo ran out of fuel so in order to get all he could out of it there were some changes needed....I think he said something about a different downpipe too but I don't remember.

Shouldn't be too much longer though...sorry for the hold up....good things take more time often than we plan. As soon as it's up and going I'll shoot another video and share it.

@ SwAp GaS can comment more....I don't have the full 411 on this but he's waiting on some more parts, we texted a bunch but I don't remember it all...I think he mentioned a different manifold, and he just installed aux fuel as well....I think the turbo ran out of fuel so in order to get all he could out of it there were some changes needed....I think he said something about a different downpipe too but I don't remember.

Shouldn't be too much longer though...sorry for the hold up....good things take more time often than we plan. As soon as it's up and going I'll shoot another video and share it.
Well here is a quick update, With everything installed and trying out several different waste gate springs dropping down to as low as 12psi spring I was still seeing 20+ psi, So tony at pump speed had to redesign the manifold and put a 45 degree elbow going into the manifold runners and went with a larger 44mm waste gate. From what I was told by tony the G25 has very little back pressure and it was continuing to spool up the turbo instead of bleeding off boost out the waste gate so that was one of the main reasons for the major boost creep issues. So I finally received the new design Manifold, Down pipe and a 44mm waste gate and larger screamer pipe, The first down pipe was just fine and a new one was sent just in case of any fitment issues since the manifold was totally I use it once I got it installed with a 14psi spring its making right at 17psi which is what Adam wanted as a starting point for tuning. Since the last update I've also Installed a Stratified 4 port aux. fuel system. As of now on the 6th revision Tune and the car is a complete beast so far!! and we haven't even started aux fuel tuning.
I made the choice to tune with 93/meth instead of just 93. to speed up the process with tuning so I can get some real numbers faster since E- tuning takes forever! and according to Adam its around 350+ whp right now. full boost is 25.5 psi @3900-4000rpm with a BIG .72 A/R I would say that is really awesome!! I will add more information when I get time been so busy at work just wanted to give everyone a quick update. On a Side note I will be going to the Dyno this Friday for some real HP numbers and will post numbers and dyno sheets!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Update

Daniel aka SwAp GaS will chime in more....

He said it was cool for me to post a few videos and pics for an update here so enjoy below....

On 93 octane + meth + ethanol (40% I believe) the car did 408whp/350tq. I haven't ridden in the car yet but I hope to shoot/post a video from the passenger's seat next Sunday.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/rotas-1/1535820734309.html

Vid linked above sorry I can't get it to embed...

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Here's a quick low-q video of the dyno pull.

Day 1 after tune he pulled a few tractor trailer lengths on a new Corvette on the interstate so I'm gonna say this kit is a big win.

[video=youtube;GFtAnXY79mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFtAnXY79mo[/video]

pwnall1337

Vendor
Keep in mind fellas it's an unloaded dyno. On the street that tq curve is moved about 700 rpm to the left so peak tq is around 4,000 rpm. If you want the power of the G25-550 this is theeee kit to have. Feel free to PM me for pricing!

Keep in mind fellas it's an unloaded dyno. On the street that tq curve is moved about 700 rpm to the left so peak tq is around 4,000 rpm. If you want the power of the G25-550 this is theeee kit to have. Feel free to PM me for pricing!
Is anyone using the new Lphp Pump your offering on your website? Is anyone tuning for them yet?

pwnall1337

Vendor
Is anyone using the new Lphp Pump your offering on your website? Is anyone tuning for them yet?
No one is using the pump that I know of yet. I know for a fact stratified can tune for the fuel system. It comes fully assembled and ready for drop in from Pumaspeed directly. The pump is quiet and meant to play along with the oem fuel regulator so tuning it should be easy. Please reach out if you have any questions :)