Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do i need to run the ATP GT2560r if i just buy the turbo and not the kit? Please help

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Could i buy everything else seperate? Like the the manifold oil lines ect.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You should buy it as a kit if possible...coolant kit is like $300....oil kit is like $100.....miscellaneous gaskets another $50.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
ATP sells everything separate...I'd just call the during the week and they will tell you what you need.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's all An- fittings and braided lines too!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I forgot it will be a v-band style connection to the manifold...so ATP has a special Adapter you will need. If It was me...I'd try to source a used complete kit and not pay retail. They do come up for sale on the forum...but you have to be quick about it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I do not believe ATP will sell the manifold flange to v-band for the simple reason of why buy their turbo kit?
I'm not 100% sure but I do remember a few guys trying to secure the flange and did not have any luck. All other parts besides that critical part should be available separate

slopoke

Just buy the complete kit from Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]. His price is less than the MSRP price of ATP. Plus he advertises "Free Shipping" for it too. Don't forget the blow off valve, since the kit does not come with one. Usually kit prices are a little cheaper than a la carte purchasing.

Before you purchase this, what are your goals. From what I've been told, if you want the down low kick of our stock turbo. It ain't happening with the bigger turbo, unless just high horsepower is your main objective. If you want that down low torque and moderate additional top end power, around 280-290ish WHP, then a hybrid is for you. Also if big HP is your goals, don't forget the auxiliary fuel system or meth injection to get there.

OP
A
Thread Starter #10
My goals right now are low 300whp but in the future possibly higher 300whp, but i found a guy selling that turbo for $600 so you think that is worth it to peice a kit together then?

slopoke

My goals right now are low 300whp but in the future possibly higher 300whp, but i found a guy selling that turbo for $600 so you think that is worth it to peice a kit together then?
I just noticed you want the GT series not GTX, difference being that the GT has a cast turbine and compressor wheel and the GTX is forged with improved aerodynamics. Anyhow, like I said earlier, piecing together all of those parts separately may be the same price as a kit or maybe more.

I've been to ATP's shop in Hayward a few times and they are really nice people, call them like Typhoonfist recommended and get part numbers for all of the associated parts to complete your turbo installation. After doing that, research the best possible prices of those components, total them and if they come out more than the $1895.00 price of what ATP sells their kit for, then get the kit. Also if your a la carte price is more than ATPs $1895.00 price, I would then call Whoosh and see what his price for the kit is, it's probably a bit cheaper from him.

One final thing is that more than likely you are going to have to upgrade the waste gate actuator, so figure an additional $138.00 or so.Good luck.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Could i buy everything else seperate? Like the the manifold oil lines ect.
The ATP kit comes with a manifold adapter and turbine housing that bolts to oem downpipe. You do not want to buy the turbo with out the kit, and ATP will not sell them w/o the kit (I've tried :p).

I responded to your PM about the x47r.