Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For sale used M-factory LSD $350 shipped

Trader history for Perfblue15 (0)

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Up for sale is my slightly used M-factory LSD. It's been in the car for about 5,000 miles and works perfectly. It was only removed because I swapped another transmission into my car and dont feel like installing it again. It still has bearings pressed on it and has only been ran with motul 300ls fluid.

I want $350.00 shipped for it. To the lower 48 states.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What was the reason for swapping in another transmission? I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Up for sale is my slightly used M-factory LSD. It's been in the car for about 5,000 miles and works perfectly. It was only removed because I swapped another transmission into my car and dont feel like installing it again. It still has bearings pressed on it and has only been ran with motul 300ls fluid.

I want $350.00 shipped for it. To the lower 48 states.

Great price for anyone wanting LSD! GLWS!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
What was the reason for swapping in another transmission? I may be interested.

My throw out bearing went out and I had a 4th gear synchro issue.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Off topic a little but is the LSD not worth it if its not worth it to swap it into the new trans?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Off topic a little but is the LSD not worth it if its not worth it to swap it into the new trans?
Also curious about this..

Can you comment on what happened to the throw out bearing as well? Mine has made some noise since new just wanted to know when it’s time to replace.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
It made my car hard to drive under extreme load (IE 400hp) and had an almost tramling effect. (On uneven roads/on track). So when the box came out I decided to remove it.
Also curious about this..

Can you comment on what happened to the throw out bearing as well? Mine has made some noise since new just wanted to know when it’s time to replace.

It always made a little noise but I didn't care about that. I honestly thought the back lash was off on the gears.

It made my car hard to drive under extreme load (IE 400hp) and had an almost tramling effect. (On uneven roads/on track). So when the box came out I decided to remove it.

It always made a little noise but I didn't care about that. I honestly thought the back lash was off on the gears.

Can you describe the "made my car hard to drive" a little more if possible? I'm about to put this same LSD in with the idea of getting my power to the road better now and for going BT down the road

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
A different question: Why the Motul Gear 300 LS? I have been under the impression that a gear type LSD does not need friction modifiers so the regular Gear 300 would be the preferred oil.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I saw this ad at 5am and nearly scooped this up, but reconsidered for the same reason.

Thanks to OP for honest info here.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Can you describe the "made my car hard to drive" a little more if possible? I'm about to put this same LSD in with the idea of getting my power to the road better now and for going BT down the road
It's an issue I had heard of with high hp cars and lsd. Basically the diff and torque vectoring fight each other over 380whp. When I was around 350hp it wasn't an issue. Basically the car would tramline(follow the grooves in the road) under heavy throttle in a straight line. It never did it at the lower power level. So I decided to yank it. I've never heard of the issue in anything but 380whp+ applications. Russ from DHM warned me way back when I just didnt listen. Unless your pushing block threatening hp it's not an issue. It doesnt make the car undrivable or anything like that it's just a new thing to watch for. I honestly would have kept it and delt with it but neither me or my tech buddy wanted to re install it so I said screw it.

My loss lol
A different question: Why the Motul Gear 300 LS? I have been under the impression that a gear type LSD does not need friction modifiers so the regular Gear 300 would be the preferred oil.
I did it because it was available to me and I figured it would not hurt. The diff locked extremely well actually with the lsd oil.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It's an issue I had heard of with high hp cars and lsd. Basically the diff and torque vectoring fight each other over 380whp. When I was around 350hp it wasn't an issue. Basically the car would tramline(follow the grooves in the road) under heavy throttle in a straight line. It never did it at the lower power level. So I decided to yank it. I've never heard of the issue in anything but 380whp+ applications. Russ from DHM warned me way back when I just didnt listen. Unless your pushing block threatening hp it's not an issue. It doesnt make the car undrivable or anything like that it's just a new thing to watch for. I honestly would have kept it and delt with it but neither me or my tech buddy wanted to re install it so I said screw it.

My loss lolI did it because it was available to me and I figured it would not hurt. The diff locked extremely well actually with the lsd oil.
Now THAT is interesting as we have always assumed that an LSD would simply prevent the torque vectoring from even having to kick in at all, and now we know at very high power levels it appears the TV actually does start to kick in and fight the LSD above 350whp... This is great info to know, thanks for coming back here and answering the questions even after your item sold, for which you offered at a great deal to begin with too!

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Now THAT is interesting as we have always assumed that an LSD would simply prevent the torque vectoring from even having to kick in at all, and now we know at very high power levels it appears the TV actually does start to kick in and fight the LSD above 350whp... This is great info to know, thanks for coming back here and answering the questions even after your item sold, for which you offered at a great deal to begin with too!
It's a really wierd thing when it happens it feels strange lol. Its not undrivable or anything it just feels odd. The lsd honestly kicks ass my car will leave 2 100 foot Mark's all day rolling into the throttle in 2nd.

I figured this info needs to be out there like the revo turbo issues. Keeping completely quiet helps no one.

Last edited:

mike7357

It's a really wierd thing when it happens it feels strange lol. Its not undrivable or anything it just feels odd. The lsd honestly kicks ass my car will leave 2 100 foot Mark's all day rolling into the throttle in 2nd.

I figured this info needs to be out there like the revo turbo issues. Keeping completely quiet helps no one.

I'm new here so sorry if this is old info, but can someone link the revo turbo issue so I can see what's going on? I was considering a revo turbo.