Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Free Engine warranties up to 500,000 miles. Yes free!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Did you guys know that some oil companies like Pennzoil, Valvoline and Quaker State offer free engine warranties? Some out to 500,000 miles just by using their oil. They almost never have claims because if you change your oil and filters your engine will not fail due to lubrication. But if you want free insurance it is available. You are going to change your oil anyway right? My 1981 320iS BMW did over 330K and burned no oil. And this was Quaker State dino oil!

Quaker State covers the following

Pistons & Piston Rings
Oil Pump & Timing Chains
Crankshaft and Bearings
Rocker Arms and Pivots
Rods
Rod Bearings
Push Rods
Camshaft and Bearings
Valve Stems and Guides
Wrist Pins and Bushings
Turbo Bearings
Valve Lifter
Cylinder Lining or Bore
Distributor Drive Gear
Timing Gears or Sprocket

They also give you $3000 back if you go 300,000 miles in 10 years.

Anyway, these programs are free and some are transferable. Check them out.....free is like really cheap.

That's nice, but there's probably a shit ton of restrictions. First that comes to mind is that we need to prove that it's the oil that caused the failure. How do they know I did not used shit oil and then changed to theirs after 150k to have it blow at 175k? They will need some sort of proof that we used their oil for the vast majority of the life of the vehicle...

I'm too lazy to look into it, but it seems like a marketing warranty more than an actual warranty.

By the way, I would love to be proven otherwise!

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
That's nice, but there's probably a shit ton of restrictions. First that comes to mind is that we need to prove that it's the oil that caused the failure. How do they know I did not used shit oil and then changed to theirs after 150k to have it blow at 175k? They will need some sort of proof that we used their oil for the vast majority of the life of the vehicle...

I'm too lazy to look into it, but it seems like a marketing warranty more than an actual warranty.

All you need is your oil receipts.....of course it is a "gimmick" in that 99.99% will never file a claim. But if any of the covered parts fail they pay for it. All three are pretty simple. It is a numbers game and most people will never experience an engine failure. Even using cheap dino oil most engines will not have a failure before you get rid of the car. So if you wanted to keep your car for many years why not use it...it is free if you ever do need it. You have to buy oil any way you look at it. At 330k on QS dino oil my BMW never had the engine burn oil then we donated it. All was on Quaker State and I maintained the records but never had a use for the warranty. Only exclusions are commercial use (taxi) and racing that I have found. My preferred oil for my ST is not one of these or I would use it. Like the BMW I will keep Fifi until either she or I dies!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Exactly it's just the numbers game, it's like mail-in rebates a lot of people never go through the process. Yeah I use fully synthetic oil, but I've never seen a engine fail that actually had it's oil changed and never got low. If it did fail it had nothing to do with lubrication.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club

Bingo