Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Did you work with a dealer state side or did you have them shipped from the UK? I'd be interested in the local dealer contact if you used someone local. Wheels look great man!
Thanks so much! I was worried the color wouldn’t work but was extremely pleased once they were put on. As for dealer unfortunately I couldn’t find a single USA based dealer that worked with compomotive.

I contacted 2 in the UK, but ended up working with compomotive themselves, shipping I believe cost $200-$300 and was at my door within 3 days of shipping. It took 10 days for them to process the order because they don’t do gold on this set without special request!

17x8?

You must be one of the only FiST owners in this land with Compomotives, COOL! [thumb]

I had a set (16x8) on my '90 T-Bird SC, I still have the spare center caps somewhere.
I’d love to see that T-bird!

Yeah I guess I wanted to be a bit different, definitely paid the price, but am in love with them and looks like a new car[biggrin]

CSM

1000 Post Club
Wow love them. What size tires? I’m wondering what a gunmetal 16” version would look like on a grey ST.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm running OEM size 205/40/17 right now, Indy 500s. If I had to do it over again I'd get a 215/40/17.

16" looks good, i used to run 16x7 sparco assetto garas w/ 205/50/16. Made for a very cushy ride compared to stock. I miss that wheel/tire setup sometimes

I'm running OEM size 205/40/17 right now, Indy 500s. If I had to do it over again I'd get a 215/40/17.

16" looks good, i used to run 16x7 sparco assetto garas w/ 205/50/16. Made for a very cushy ride compared to stock. I miss that wheel/tire setup sometimes
That’s what I’m thinking, 16s will ride way softer but still look good. You think 7 or 7.5 width with 16”?

Jeff

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
That’s what I’m thinking, 16s will ride way softer but still look good. You think 7 or 7.5 width with 16”?

Jeff
16x7.5 seems to be an unusual size. I think I have only seen it on those Tire Rack sport edition A7 wheels. But at 19lbs, that's just too much heft. And they are kinda ugly, imo.

16x7 is easy to find and for sure wont be stretched on your avg 205s. With a 7.5, you would need to run sport comps to avoid stretch in a 205.

I had my eye on the dekagrams (16x8), but even with wide 205 sport comps, there's still some stretch.

I refuse to go with anything above 205 as I'm bone stock and anything that increases overall diameter will also hamper acceleration.

My preference is: 15"- 205/50, 16"- 205/45, 17"- 205/40. All of those slightly decrease diameter (except for the stock 17" size).

I checked and the Sparco Pro Corsa only comes I. 17x7.5 & 18x7.5 size. I really like the look of them but still would prefer a 16” size for the softer ride quality.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I checked and the Sparco Pro Corsa only comes I. 17x7.5 & 18x7.5 size. I really like the look of them but still would prefer a 16” size for the softer ride quality.

Yeah the 16" really does make a huge difference in ride quality. Like I mentioned before, I often miss my 16x7 setup on 205/50/16s.

Here is a photo of that setup

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I highly recommend getting the lightest 16s you can find, 16x8 with the right 205 is a perfect setup for this car unless you are concerned with a little stretch which is a very good thing to have for the best handling feedback and control, just have to watch the curbs a bit more carefully though potholes are not as much of a problem compared to being on a bit wider tire and much better than a 17" setup.

Though not directly mentioned in the past few posts look up the real specs for any tire you are considering, mainly tread width, then section width, diameter is normally closer to what one expects according to sidewall size markings. Also look at weight as the further out the weight is located rotational the more profound the effect on all aspects of performance, ride, wear on the chassis, etc.

------------

I love the "BBS" style of wheels, had many including a custom forged monoblock set of 18x11 and 13's for a C6 Vette, closest I found at the time I built up my car was the 15x8, 11.4 lb, flow formed 6UL I use for my very well fitting 205/50/15 NeoGen AS tires(3 season really) I bought some 16x8 RPF1 but only because it was the only light weight 16x8 at the time(4x100) but then realized I could fit the 15x8 6UL over my DIY front and rear BBKs so sent them back and got the 6ULs. I have had many sets of the RPF1 and wanted something different and even lower in weight.

If I was building an ST now I would probably of picked the Konigs in 16x8, not had to do the very first 4x100 conversion, build my own BBKs, roll and pull the fenders and cut the rear axle flanges to add more camber and fit the 15x9 summer tire and track tire wheels under the fenders. I probably would of still added more rear camber to balance out the front to rear setup after adding more front camber.

If I were to go with the Sparco Pro Corsa 17x7.5s, what tire size could I go with to give me the most comfort? I may track my car only once a year so it’s an everyday car and don’t need a high performance tire.