Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's not up to Ron. We all know the risks as we mod our cars. It's always good practice to research parts before buying them. But I know how much it sucks to get bad parts. This is my first turbo car but not my first modified car. I learned my lesson on superchargers and lost a lot of money on bad parts that said they were the best. I have had 4 blown motors and destroyed 2 transmissions but in the end it was my fault for going with parts that were all hype.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
How were people supposed to know they were bad ? When they were pitched to be the end all be all?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You need to go after revo but I heard they are not responding and have to know about the problems. I was going to get the revo turbo but decided to go GTX2860R

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You need to go after revo but I heard they are not responding and have to know about the problems. I was going to get the revo turbo but decided to go GTX2860R

Sorry just can't agree with that. He chose to endorse a crap part. I'm always going to be pro consumer.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I am just saying Ron is a distributor, of course he is going to advertise the newest thing and what is on his site is also on the makers site. I wouldn't blame him if I got a bad Mishimoto part I would go after Mishi.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am just saying Ron is a distributor, of course he is going to advertise the newest thing and what is on his site is also on the makers site. I wouldn't blame him if I got a bad Mishimoto part I would go after Mishi.

No you would go back to the original sale of the part to clear any issues and they deal with the vendor....NOT THE CONSUMER. You sell something....you back it.....you fix all known issues and then quit selling the parts after all is said and fixed. True business practice right to the T.

I am pretty sure Ron and Adam @tuneplus are both working on a solution and being the guy that he is will probly post a fix when they find one. Adam told me about the problems with the turbo when I asked him what turbo to go with and said he was working on a solution.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
No you would go back to the original sale of the part to clear any issues and they deal with the vendor....NOT THE CONSUMER. You sell something....you back it.....you fix all known issues and then quit selling the parts after all is said and fixed. True business practice right to the T.

I like your opinion on this. Right on.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
As a distributor, Ron should have more pull with Revo than the consumers that they don't care to respond to. It's a tricky situation to be in and I don't envy him. The RT330 looked great, turned out to be flawed. Not really something any of us saw coming. Before we all get out the pitchforks and torches, I would give him some time to hash it out with Revo and figure out what his options are and what the best solution he can provide will be.
Yeah I definitely don't envy him because this is bad for business, and I hope this stupid turbo company forks over some money to him for their bullshit.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wish Ron the best of luck in this endeavor....I hope it all plans out for all parties! Fingers crossed I wouldn't wanna lose Ron as a Vendor either.

Has anyone asked Ron if he will do an exchange for a vudu turbo. I have two friends with them and so far so good. If it could get 350whp I would buy one (that's my magic number I want to hit)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #113
I imagine that Ron is discussing the situation with Revo.
you are correct
revo and Turbo Technics
We had a conference call yesterday actually with Turbo Technics.
I'm communicating with the customers that own the kit, including those that purchased the kit from other revo dealers, not just whoosh motorsports
It's not vital to update the forum members with progress until there's a solution.

Some of the recent comments in here are are inappropriate yet not surprising from 2 members so I'm just learning how to use the ignore feature[thumb]

All of the complaining from the actual revo kit owners is warranted and fully understandable
Once there is a resolution I'll post more details of the hows/whys

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #114
I wish Ron the best of luck in this endeavor....I hope it all plans out for all parties! Fingers crossed I wouldn't wanna lose Ron as a Vendor either.

why would that happen exactly ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why would what happen? Lose you as a vendor? We all watched DHM go down the tubes with a similar situation.....I wouldn't wanna see that happen to whoosh...would you?
why would that happen exactly ?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I get your point. I hope everything works out in the end for people.

This is all I wanted to see happen a solution for people with a $2600 paperweight
you are correct
revo and Turbo Technics
We had a conference call yesterday actually with Turbo Technics.
I'm communicating with the customers that own the kit, including those that purchased the kit from other revo dealers, not just whoosh motorsports
It's not vital to update the forum members with progress until there's a solution.

Some of the recent comments in here are are inappropriate yet not surprising from 2 members so I'm just learning how to use the ignore feature[thumb]

All of the complaining from the actual revo kit owners is warranted and fully understandable
Once there is a resolution I'll post more details of the hows/whys
I'm sorry I helped bring this to light. It's just wrong to me to see people being told there basically S.O.L. which is what I revo owner friend of mine was telling me until just now.

I hope you do the right thing and take care of YOUR customers. I really don't care if you ignore me. I am just trying to help the community.

I've spent a lot of money with you though. I find this to be a great way of saying thanks to a loyal customer.

DHM was not the same thing. Ron has one bad supplier that he took off the site when he found out about the problems. DHM was a shop that did their own work and started doing bad business practices. Even hijinx had his motor blow on him that was done by DHM.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
DHM was not the same thing. Ron has one bad supplier that he took off the site when he found out about the problems. DHM was a shop that did their own work and started doing bad business practices. Even hijinx had his motor blow on him that was done by DHM.

My DHM motor failed too. Know your facts.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #119
Why would what happen? Lose you as a vendor? We all watched DHM go down the tubes with a similar situation.....I wouldn't wanna see that happen to whoosh...would you?

I don't know what happened with the other companies and why anyone thinks this situation is anywhere near the same

The revo RT330 kit is a product manufactured by a company and sold through mine as a dealer.
If there is an engineering flaw with the design of said kit or part, I will in any and every way help facilitate resolving the issue with the manufacturer. The difficulty here is this manufacturer is overseas but that's my specialty so it's really not a huge deal. There is a process to go through however and we will go though said process and take the proper steps.
If revo and Turbo Technics fail to resolve the issue in a manner that suits all involved I'll make sure my customers will be taken care of as I do with all of my customers.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #120
This is all I wanted to see happen a solution for people with a $2600 paperweight
I'm sorry I helped bring this to light. It's just wrong to me to see people being told there basically S.O.L. which is what I revo owner friend of mine was telling me until just now.

I hope you do the right thing and take care of YOUR customers. I really don't care if you ignore me. I am just trying to help the community.

I've spent a lot of money with you though. I find this to be a great way of saying thanks to a loyal customer.

I don't need you to tell me to do the right thing sir.
I'm doing exactly what I said I'm doing regardless of what you heard - please read the posts