Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Damn that sucks, what company did you go with to get a new one? I am thinking of having one built but the only local shop I am not impressed by.
My DHM motor failed too. Know your facts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's awesome, with my luck I would start building one and my wife would step in and tell me that she has a list of stuff for me to do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't know what happened with the other companies and why anyone thinks this situation is anywhere near the same

The revo RT330 kit is a product manufactured by a company and sold through mine as a dealer.
If there is an engineering flaw with the design of said kit or part, I will in any and every way help facilitate resolving the issue with the manufacturer. The difficulty here is this manufacturer is overseas but that's my specialty so it's really not a huge deal. There is a process to go through however and we will go though said process and take the proper steps.
If revo and Turbo Technics fail to resolve the issue in a manner that suits all involved I'll make sure my customers will be taken care of as I do with all of my customers.
This is exactly what people wanted to see and hear from a Vendor....I appreciate a lot that you do Ron for all of us. Just keeping people informed is not a bad thing either as it shows your not hiding anything when we know something is up. I've told a lot of people to go to you because you're a standup guy....This was an opportunity to show that you are and will always be that guy.....not some cockwomble that just takes people's hard earned money and Runs.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I think you just called yourself old, lmao. I know how you feel I have been a custom fabricator for 16 years from government contracts to mass transit and now industrial.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
This is exactly what people wanted to see and hear from a Vendor....I appreciate a lot that you do Ron for all of us. Just keeping people informed is not a bad thing either as it shows your not hiding anything when we know something is up. I've told a lot of people to go to you because you're a standup guy....This was an opportunity to show that you are and will always be that guy.....not some cockwomble that just takes people's hard earned money and Runs.

This is all I wanted to see happen as well.

As someone who got boned in one of the other situations. When I heard my friend wasnt getting answers I had to say something.

I know Ron's a stand up guy and very willing to go above and beyond for his customers. Hell he has for me in the past. I just hope revo backs their product.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #127

There has been a lapse of time between when this issue reared its head and just this past week with no progress from me which was really a pause for someone independently inspecting a turbo here in the states to determine the issue
In hindsight we should have just pressed forward with proving there is an issue to the manufacturer Turbo Technics, not revo a few weeks ago
Regardless of those details, things will be moving swiftly from here now that we have a good dialog between TT and myself

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This is all I wanted to see happen a solution for people with a $2600 paperweight
I'm sorry I helped bring this to light. It's just wrong to me to see people being told there basically S.O.L. which is what I revo owner friend of mine was telling me until just now.

I hope you do the right thing and take care of YOUR customers. I really don't care if you ignore me. I am just trying to help the community.

I've spent a lot of money with you though. I find this to be a great way of saying thanks to a loyal customer.

Same. Guess that's inappropriate oh well.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
It comes down to money. Why was this product ever sold if there was no testing process that would have caught this issue? To make it worse, not only was it sold but it was promised to have xxxHP and be better than this or that, even dyno numbers in excess of xxxHP were mentioned but now it seems that was all not reality. A product was advertised in that manner and apparently without pre-testing. Ron wants to make money, Revo wants to make money, there's no problem with that. But maybe before all of that it might be best to actually prove a product is going to work correctly.

Bottom line, it's not Ron's fault, it's not Revo's fault. It's your fault if you bought the product. You chose to buy it and you did so on the promises of someone else. You looked at the data and lack of data and listened to the hype and made a decision. No one can be blamed but you. If I owe too much in taxes, it's not Donald Trump's fault, it's mine because I did not make sure I took enough out of each paycheck. If my refrigerator breaks on day 366 when the warranty is expired, it's not Samsung's fault, it's mine, I chose to buy it and knew the consequences. Folks, my A/C compressor died on my Fiesta at 6,000 miles. Who is to blame? ME. I bought the car, yes my Honda has 212,194 miles and the original A/C still blows cold, but this is a Ford, I knew I was buying a Ford and Fords don't have much care put into them, I have a warranty, so get over it. No they did not give me a loaner, but they never promised me one, so get over it Jeff and get your car fixed, you bought the car, it's your problem, own it and stop all the pedantic bellyaching.

Same thing here, you buy anything for your car, you take a risk. Does Revo have a warranty? Does it matter? As I posted elsewhere, they never promised anything they did not deliver. They advertised 330BHP and that's what this product gives. That's 285WHP and I've seen multiple graphs from my buddy Gustav in South Africa, whom I've mentioned, that prove that it makes 285WHP. So it does what it says it does. Yes he gets tons of wastegate flutter but aside from that the turbo does work and he is happy. So in that sense all is well. The product "works", just not perfectly or as you'd wish. If it were me I'd be unhappy, but at the same time I'd realize that (a) I chose to buy this and (b) it does work on the car and does make approximately +100WHP over stock turbo stock setup.

I think Ron is a fine fellow. I grow weary of the constant sarcastic "Oh yeah, you'll see" and "I'm right you're wrong end of story" attitude. Ron if you were just a schmuck like me and weren't a vendor that would be fine, but you're a vendor so that makes it different, at least in my eyes. Reading some of your posts in general it seems that way, you're so quick to prove that you're right even if you were never even challenged....even your responses in this thread have some of that tone. It would be nice to hear something like "Hey guys, this product is not delivering as I promised, and I realize I let you down, but I'm working on it for you..." and then things might be better, instead of the bowing up and sarcasm. But like others said you are a great benefit to this online community and have made some attempt at guaranteeing that you'll make everything right and I think that is a good thing. Maybe going forward once this is all said and done and you're still here, you might think about the way you come across as you sell/advertise your products, as a wise man once said, wisdom is vindicated by its deeds.

I hope everyone gets this straightened out and look forward to seeing the outcome.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It comes down to money. Why was this product ever sold if there was no testing process that would have caught this issue? To make it worse, not only was it sold but it was promised to have xxxHP and be better than this or that, even dyno numbers in excess of xxxHP were mentioned but now it seems that was all not reality. A product was advertised in that manner and apparently without pre-testing. Ron wants to make money, Revo wants to make money, there's no problem with that. But maybe before all of that it might be best to actually prove a product is going to work correctly.

Bottom line, it's not Ron's fault, it's not Revo's fault. It's your fault if you bought the product. You chose to buy it and you did so on the promises of someone else. You looked at the data and lack of data and listened to the hype and made a decision. No one can be blamed but you. If I owe too much in taxes, it's not Donald Trump's fault, it's mine because I did not make sure I took enough out of each paycheck. If my refrigerator breaks on day 366 when the warranty is expired, it's not Samsung's fault, it's mine, I chose to buy it and knew the consequences. Folks, my A/C compressor died on my Fiesta at 6,000 miles. Who is to blame? ME. I bought the car, yes my Honda has 212,194 miles and the original A/C still blows cold, but this is a Ford, I knew I was buying a Ford and Fords don't have much care put into them, I have a warranty, so get over it. No they did not give me a loaner, but they never promised me one, so get over it Jeff and get your car fixed, you bought the car, it's your problem, own it and stop all the pedantic bellyaching.

Same thing here, you buy anything for your car, you take a risk. Does Revo have a warranty? Does it matter? As I posted elsewhere, they never promised anything they did not deliver. They advertised 330BHP and that's what this product gives. That's 285WHP and I've seen multiple graphs from my buddy Gustav in South Africa, whom I've mentioned, that prove that it makes 285WHP. So it does what it says it does. Yes he gets tons of wastegate flutter but aside from that the turbo does work and he is happy. So in that sense all is well. The product "works", just not perfectly or as you'd wish. If it were me I'd be unhappy, but at the same time I'd realize that (a) I chose to buy this and (b) it does work on the car and does make approximately +100WHP over stock turbo stock setup.

I think Ron is a fine fellow. I grow weary of the constant sarcastic "Oh yeah, you'll see" and "I'm right you're wrong end of story" attitude. Ron if you were just a schmuck like me and weren't a vendor that would be fine, but you're a vendor so that makes it different, at least in my eyes. Reading some of your posts in general it seems that way, you're so quick to prove that you're right even if you were never even challenged....even your responses in this thread have some of that tone. It would be nice to hear something like "Hey guys, this product is not delivering as I promised, and I realize I let you down, but I'm working on it for you..." and then things might be better, instead of the bowing up and sarcasm. But like others said you are a great benefit to this online community and have made some attempt at guaranteeing that you'll make everything right and I think that is a good thing. Maybe going forward once this is all said and done and you're still here, you might think about the way you come across as you sell/advertise your products, as a wise man once said, wisdom is vindicated by its deeds.

I hope everyone gets this straightened out and look forward to seeing the outcome.
That's a great point of view.

That's a great point of view.

It is. Except that Jeff seems to be believe the issue here is the power output, when it’s not. It’s that it is not actually a functional product. It surges badly on a 250bhp tune. Every compressor housing is cast wrong, with no actual anti surge feartures, despite Revo’s claim to the contrary. Wastegate flutter? It’s compressor surge. This has been confirmed by Alex Gutica, Adam Brunson (who actually disassembled one, and won’t tune his own costumers past 20 psi on it), Brian Tyson etc. Many of the turbine housings are also flawed, including mine. Gustav continues to run it as is, surge be damned? Great. He’ll likely be putting new bearings in it at 17k, just like Revo had to do with their test unit.

jeff

2000 Post Club
It is. Except that Jeff seems to be believe the issue here is the power output, when it’s not. It’s that it is not actually a functional product. It surges badly on a 250bhp tune. Every compressor housing is cast wrong, with no actual anti surge feartures, despite Revo’s claim to the contrary. Wastegate flutter? It’s compressor surge. This has been confirmed by Alex Gutica, Adam Brunson (who actually disassembled one, and won’t tune his own costumers past 20 psi on it), Brian Tyson etc. Many of the turbine housings are also flawed, including mine. Gustav continues to run it as is, surge be damned? Great. He’ll likely be putting new bearings in it at 17k, just like Revo had to do with their test unit.
Yeah I'm not privy to all the info just what I read here, I'm not on any social media by choice so I don't have much 411 on this, please correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I just assumed it only worked to a point (which sounds like 20psi) but that point was safe and would make 285whp. Sounds like that's not the case, I'll inform my friend, I stand corrected, thanks for the helpful info.

If it's not functional as you say then this is not just a small thing, every turbo should be fixed/replaced under warranty (assuming there is one) or refunded. That's something Revo and their dealers need to work out.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Just a point of view here, Ron was delivered a product by whaf he has seen in the past to be a reputable company. One who has produced very impressive Hybrid Turbo’s. Now this company actually has Turbo Technica build their Turbo’s. This Turbo was built according to Revo’s specs. Turbo Technics is a builder. It’s up to REVO to test the Turbo and make sure its working right. Now apparently REVO does not run boost above 24psi wheras quite a few people and tuners in the U.S. run our cars at up 27psi. So REVO made a mistake, a big oversight.
How was Ron to know? He was not until customers had issue with the product.
Now Ron did start to look into this and like any vendor went to his source of the product to report and correct the issue. Is it Rons fault the supplier , just went silent on the subject? No,its not he was trying to do the right thing.
He also possibly did not want to make any more statements beyond what had already been said till he had more answers.
I make products for drift cars, I know how Ron’s position can happen as a vendor and I know the internent can cause a riot crowd mentality.
Fact is you can never satisfy everyone, fact is there is nothing as 100% perfect on the manufacturing line, facf is QC does not always catch everyhing.
Customer relations kicks in at that point.
The people raking Ron over the coals need to step back and put themselves in Ron’s shows. It’s easy to play consumer advocate customer is right card, but have any of you ever been in the vendors shoes? Trying to do the right thing but people will be never be satisfied?
Ron reached out to the manufacturer not the supplier to do something about correcting the issue.
That’s fantastic customer service.

He could have have said product is racing product it does not have a warranty sorry your own since you installed it. Then told the people that bought kits not installed he would just refund their money.

In fact in the automotive high perfornance aftermarket industry what I just wrote above is par for the course.

Ron is going beyond that though. He is taking it to the next level of customer service. Anyone dissing Ron for how he has handled this really needs to step back. He has remained in communication. He has not gone anywhere is still around selling other products. So just chill the hell out and let him take care of things
He has communicated he has even been apologetic about waiting for REVO to respond instead of just immediately taking it to the next level.

Could you have actually handled this better, oh sure you can say you would have but if you were put in the position he is in you most likely would have taken the same logical course he has.

So enough bashing Ron, be grateful he is here and doing his utmost to fix the problem.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Just a point of view here, Ron was delivered a product by whaf he has seen in the past to be a reputable company. One who has produced very impressive Hybrid Turbo’s. Now this company actually has Turbo Technica build their Turbo’s. This Turbo was built according to Revo’s specs. Turbo Technics is a builder. It’s up to REVO to test the Turbo and make sure its working right. Now apparently REVO does not run boost above 24psi wheras quite a few people and tuners in the U.S. run our cars at up 27psi. So REVO made a mistake, a big oversight.
How was Ron to know? He was not until customers had issue with the product.
Now Ron did start to look into this and like any vendor went to his source of the product to report and correct the issue. Is it Rons fault the supplier , just went silent on the subject? No,its not he was trying to do the right thing.
He also possibly did not want to make any more statements beyond what had already been said till he had more answers.
I make products for drift cars, I know how Ron’s position can happen as a vendor and I know the internent can cause a riot crowd mentality.
Fact is you can never satisfy everyone, fact is there is nothing as 100% perfect on the manufacturing line, facf is QC does not always catch everyhing.
Customer relations kicks in at that point.
The people raking Ron over the coals need to step back and put themselves in Ron’s shows. It’s easy to play consumer advocate customer is right card, but have any of you ever been in the vendors shoes? Trying to do the right thing but people will be never be satisfied?
Ron reached out to the manufacturer not the supplier to do something about correcting the issue.
That’s fantastic customer service.

He could have have said product is racing product it does not have a warranty sorry your own since you installed it. Then told the people that bought kits not installed he would just refund their money.

In fact in the automotive high perfornance aftermarket industry what I just wrote above is par for the course.

Ron is going beyond that though. He is taking it to the next level of customer service. Anyone dissing Ron for how he has handled this really needs to step back. He has remained in communication. He has not gone anywhere is still around selling other products. So just chill the hell out and let him take care of things
He has communicated he has even been apologetic about waiting for REVO to respond instead of just immediately taking it to the next level.

Could you have actually handled this better, oh sure you can say you would have but if you were put in the position he is in you most likely would have taken the same logical course he has.

So enough bashing Ron, be grateful he is here and doing his utmost to fix the problem.
Wow this post doesn't sound paid or sponsored at all......

Think what you want but when cyborgs started going bad Russ was refunding them out of pocket. Say what you want but, he was a stand up guy until he ran out of money tying to make it right. This is a really apples to apples situation. I don't under stand how people don't see the similarities.

I'm all for Ron taking care of people and he's a good vendor. But situations like this separate good/average vendors from great ones. I hope this pans out for the people who bought this product.

I'm done here until we see how this pans out. I've said my piece as someone screwed by the previous situation on this very forum.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Wow this post doesn't sound paid or sponsored at all......

Think what you want but when cyborgs started going bad Russ was refunding them out of pocket. Say what you want but, he was a stand up guy until he ran out of money tying to make it right. This is a really apples to apples situation. I don't under stand how people don't see the similarities.

I'm all for Ron taking care of people and he's a good vendor. But situations like this separate good/average vendors from great ones. I hope this pans out for the people who bought this product.

I'm done here until we see how this pans out. I've said my piece as someone screwed by the previous situation on this very forum.

Lol wow you assume a lot. You know what I read the whole Cyborg thing. I understand Russ had good intentions and was paying ouf of pocket. I don’t know enough about Russ to question how good or bad his business practices were. i have read allusions to they were not great.

I also understand you were on the wrong end of the stick in that situation. Been there myself, before. I do actually understand whats going on here though. I do actually know a bit about Ron’s business acumen due to knowing his past history in the automotive business.

Ron does come from the background of expereince and is invested in making his small business work. I don’t see it as fly by night.

I have been a small business owner most of my adult life as wel as a 1099 filer. I get that side of things I am not sure you do.

As for being some kinda of paid sponsor lol, put down the crack pipe.

Not in any way shape or form. I am looking at this from the outside . You have emotional input due to past experience that you are still hurting over.

So how can your input not hold a bias of judgement based on your past experience? Clearly you see it a certain way and a cetain way only and are to judgement because of it.

Step back man give the guy a chance to do the right thing and stop the attack.

Do you not realize the the minute you attack someone they are prone to react to counter with comment?

Especially when you dis Ron for not saying anything and then you dis him for defending his position while trying to do fhe right thing?

I think he can’t win as long as your are passing judgement not because he is not doing the right thing but because you are relentless in your criticism.

Therefor even if he does the right thing you might just dis him anyways.

Seriously I have no money in this except to think you are persecuting the man prematurely.

Oh but that must be paid sponsorship lol Geez. Really just really.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This is how it could have been handled better. Hey I'm sorry I endorsed a product that turned out not to be so great. I apologize to anyone who bought this turbo based off of my bragging of this product making it sound so much better than the X-47. I have contacted the manufacturer we are going to try to work something out to make things right once again I'm sorry. I will put more time into getting products tested out before I give a product such high hopes.

Now you see how easy that is. You apologize and you do it without any type of attitude or sarcasm. A business should never argue with a customer or a potential customer ever. If Ron has a serious problem with someone bad mouthing him he can PM somebody but nobody at first was bad mouthing Ron just a simple frustration that nothing had been said or an apology issued. Any job I've ever worked in I have held myself to extremely high customer service standards that's why I have the point of view that I have.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Lol wow you assume a lot. You know what I read the whole Cyborg thing. I understand Russ had good intentions and was paying ouf of pocket. I don’t know enough about Russ to question how good or bad his business practices were. i have read allusions to they were not great.

I also understand you were on the wrong end of the stick in that situation. Been there myself, before. I do actually understand whats going on here though. I do actually know a bit about Ron’s business acumen due to knowing his past history in the automotive business.

Ron does come from the background of expereince and is invested in making his small business work. I don’t see it as fly by night.

I have been a small business owner most of my adult life as wel as a 1099 filer. I get that side of things I am not sure you do.

As for being some kinda of paid sponsor lol, put down the crack pipe.

Not in any way shape or form. I am looking at this from the outside . You have emotional input due to past experience that you are still hurting over.

So how can your input not hold a bias of judgement based on your past experience? Clearly you see it a certain way and a cetain way only and are to judgement because of it.

Step back man give the guy a chance to do the right thing and stop the attack.

Do you not realize the the minute you attack someone they are prone to react to counter with comment?

Especially when you dis Ron for not saying anything and then you dis him for defending his position while trying to do fhe right thing?

I think he can’t win as long as your are passing judgement not because he is not doing the right thing but because you are relentless in your criticism.

Therefor even if he does the right thing you might just dis him anyways.

Seriously I have no money in this except to think you are persecuting the man prematurely.

Oh but that must be paid sponsorship lol Geez. Really just really.
I understand small business better then most. I owned and ran a mechanic shop for 10 years. I know how devastating this could potentially be to said small business. But you take that risk in running a small business and going into business for yourself. I lost my ass many a time fixing peoples cars when things beyond everyone's control went down and always made the situation right. No matter the cost to me or the business. Because I knew customers were what kept me in business.

Anyways, know me before you assume what I do and don't know about running a business.

slopoke

This is how it could have been handled better. Hey I'm sorry I endorsed a product that turned out not to be so great. I apologize to anyone who bought this turbo based off of my bragging of this product making it sound so much better than the X-47. I have contacted the manufacturer we are going to try to work something out to make things right once again I'm sorry. I will put more time into getting products tested out before I give a product such high hopes.

Now you see how easy that is. You apologize and you do it without any type of attitude or sarcasm. A business should never argue with a customer or a potential customer ever. If Ron has a serious problem with someone badbmouthing him he can PM somebody but nobody at first was bad mouthing Ron just a simple frustration that nothing had been said or an apology issued. Any job I've ever worked in I have held myself to extremely high customer service standards that's why I have the point of view that I have.

Maybe he's done that over the phone directly with customers that have bought the Revo turbo's already? Just because he's not done that publicly here on this website, does not mean he's not done it personally. We don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Maybe he's done that over the phone directly with customers that have bought the Revo turbo's already?
Should have been posted on the thread he started. Ron has an attitude that is a fact. I also can be short tempered but not when it comes to work. You can call me every name in the book at work I will still bend over backwards to try to make you happy. Have I seen him do some nice things like giving somebody their money back while they keep the product and the person sells it for profit yep. I'm sure he has been very nice to the people that have bought them and have had problematic issues. All I'm saying is a few simple choice words could have made the situation a hundred times better. Am I not going to buy products from Ron over a turbo that he did not make of course not. I'm a research and review guy I don't buy anything till it's proven. I'm not going to say anything bad about anybody based on how they feel about this topic. I know Ron could give a hoot less about what I think I'm sure he has me on ignore anyway, because I gave him a hard time over his $1,200 intercooler that I thought was unnecessary.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I understand small business better then most. I owned and ran a mechanic shop for 10 years. I know how devastating this could potentially be to said small business. But you take that risk in running a small business and going into business for yourself. I lost my ass many a time fixing peoples cars when things beyond everyone's control went down and always made the situation right. No matter the cost to me or the business. Because I knew customers were what kept me in business.

Anyways, know me before you assume what I do and don't know about running a business.

This is a great post, I applaud you for finally looking at this from that perspectice. But.... perhaps you should practice what you write above on not only Ron but I as well. You judged Ron you judged me and then told me not to judge you .

Like I siad before and I will say it again Ron is working on fixing things. He is not running and he is doing exactly what you describe above.

Stop projecting your experience with DHM and Sourskittles on Ron. It’s what we call future tripping and you’re doing it.
This is already playing out a lot different.