Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

It is. Except that Jeff seems to be believe the issue here is the power output, when it’s not. It’s that it is not actually a functional product. It surges badly on a 250bhp tune. Every compressor housing is cast wrong, with no actual anti surge feartures, despite Revo’s claim to the contrary. Wastegate flutter? It’s compressor surge. This has been confirmed by Alex Gutica, Adam Brunson (who actually disassembled one, and won’t tune his own costumers past 20 psi on it), Brian Tyson etc. Many of the turbine housings are also flawed, including mine. Gustav continues to run it as is, surge be damned? Great. He’ll likely be putting new bearings in it at 17k, just like Revo had to do with their test unit.
Thanks for sharing the info regarding the compressor surge...I will certainly follow up with the approved Revo vendor that I used.

Thanks for sharing the info regarding the compressor surge...I will certainly follow up with the approved Revo vendor that I used.
No problem man. I need to type up all my notes from this process this week, I’ll send you a copy when I am done if you want to share with them with your dealer.

Watching this thread with interest from the UK. Just to comment on an earlier post, the UK revo tune can boost up to 1.8 bar (26psi) depending on conditions. Some people here have had dynos which shows a shaky boost plot, and the squealing noise from the turbo on a full throttle run around 3k-4k RPM.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Watching this thread with interest from the UK. Just to comment on an earlier post, the UK revo tune can boost up to 1.8 bar (26psi) depending on conditions. Some people here have had dynos which shows a shaky boost plot, and the squealing noise from the turbo on a full throttle run around 3k-4k RPM.
Good info! Thanks for letting us all know for future reference!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

What you describe is exactly what my car is doing and I am based in South Africa. The squealing noise from the turbo on full throttle from about 3000rpm happens to me as well.

My Revo approved dealer struggled with "boost issues" on my car when they installed the RT330 kit and they eventually replaced the boost solenoid on my car and my car was only 7 months old at the time of the upgrade. I still want to get the 7 month old boost solenoid tested to see if it is faulty.

What you describe is exactly what my car is doing and I am based in South Africa. The squealing noise from the turbo on full throttle from about 3000rpm happens to me as well.

My Revo approved dealer struggled with "boost issues" on my car when they installed the RT330 kit and they eventually replaced the boost solenoid on my car and my car was only 7 months old at the time of the upgrade. I still want to get the 7 month old boost solenoid tested to see if it is faulty.
Doubtful that it was faulty, I’ve spoken to two UK guys who had dealer installed RT 330s, and both had theirs replaced also. It’s a Revo cop out for the issues their turbo has.

Last edited:

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

Doubtful that it was faulty, I’ve spoken to two UK guys who had dealer installed RT 330s, and both had theirs replaced also. It’s a Revo cop out for the issues their turbo has.
Keep the info coming guys!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I own one of the rt330 kits. I haven’t posted in the thread yet with my experience yet, because my kit is brand new, and uninstalled. But I have been told that I am not able to return it for a refund, despite the fact That Ron has it acknowledged the kit is defective. It's in my attic collecting dust. 2500 bucks of my hard earned cash just down the drain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I own one of the rt330 kits. I haven’t posted in the thread yet with my experience yet, because my kit is brand new, and uninstalled. But I have been told that I am not able to return it for a refund, despite the fact That Ron has it acknowledged the kit is defective. It's in my attic collecting dust. 2500 bucks of my hard earned cash just down the drain.

Oh no. Has there been any information provided to you in regards to repair or replacement? This is unfortunate news.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have said this before and will say it again....Total....

I hope this gets resolved for everyone involved. It pains me to see this type of Failure again on the forum. This is all I will speak of this and await its resolution. If there is one...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

Wow. Weren't you the guy that bought your kit to replace a failed X47R ? I think I remember reading about this on fb.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wish I hadn't had to "find a fix" for a brand 2500$ kit. I prefer not to get a fix or repairing it honestly, and yes perfblue my x47 blew up and I devastated that it almost blew my car up cause the wheels imploded. I was told this (rt330) would surpass and blow the x47 out of the water, these past two years have literally sucked for me and this car.

I nearly bit the bullet on this kit in November. And very thankful I didn’t.

I know people have reported really solid numbers with the x47r, and the spool is fantastic. But stories such as yours keep me leaning towards big turbo vs hybrid/stock frame.

It looks like the VT330r is one of the more reliable of the small turbos, or maybe it just doesn’t have nearly as many installed. But the numbers just aren’t impressive for the cost.

I’m hoping the x57 puts out a reliable 350+ on aux fuel with good output around 3500rpm. Otherwise, I’ll be looking at a gen 2 2860 and quickspool manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the turbo been stripped down yet? Any findings? From what I understand, the turbo needs an anti-surge feature (that works as intended) due to it being mismatched size wise compared to the throttle body/engine?