Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Yes, by a turbo expert brought in by Woosh. They used an ‘anti surge style’ housing, but neglected to actually cut isurge ports in it. They also located the flange for the Bov on the downstream side of the cover, instead of the upstream side like every other functional turbo. Despite these obvious flaws, they are maintaining that no one in the UK, like yourself, is complaining, so they see no reason to fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So in terms of long term effects, I'm guessing the turbo would need to be rebuilt?

There hasn't really been many people talking about it over here as far as I can tell, some comments by a Revo employee on Facebook was commenting on lack of throttle body control (with the throttle closing from 82% to 45% which would cause the surging), something with the US cars being different?

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
This kit seems to have great potential of being the cats meow. The spool up time and power delivery look really good.

The huge downside is it’s inherent issues. For a mfg. to not even try to entertain the solutions presented seems crazy. They could be raking it in, but instead insist that nothing is wrong and it’s due to incapable tuners. All of the main tuners in North America has had a crack at it and they all experience similar results. So yeah, blaming tuners is not going to get this kit more sales.

For those that bought kits and have not installed them yet, check with your credit card co. Hopefully you used credit and not debit. They may able to help get you your money back. The longer you wait, no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This kit seems to have great potential of being the cats meow. The spoil up time and power delivery look really good.

The huge downside is it’s inherent issues. For a mfg. to not even try to entertain the solutions presented seems crazy. They could be raking it in, but instead insist that nothing is wrong and it’s due to incapable tuners. All of the main tuners in North America has had a crack at it and they all experience similar results. So yeah, blaming tuners is not going to get this kit more sales.

For those that bought kits and have not installed them yet, check with your credit card co. Hopefully you used credit and not debit. They may able to help get you your money back. The longer you wait, no good.

To all who used paypal....contact them now....see if they can help!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

User name

Just a point of view here, Ron was delivered a product by whaf he has seen in the past to be a reputable company. One who has produced very impressive Hybrid Turbo’s. Now this company actually has Turbo Technica build their Turbo’s. This Turbo was built according to Revo’s specs. Turbo Technics is a builder. It’s up to REVO to test the Turbo and make sure its working right. Now apparently REVO does not run boost above 24psi wheras quite a few people and tuners in the U.S. run our cars at up 27psi. So REVO made a mistake, a big oversight.
How was Ron to know? He was not until customers had issue with the product.
Now Ron did start to look into this and like any vendor went to his source of the product to report and correct the issue. Is it Rons fault the supplier , just went silent on the subject? No,its not he was trying to do the right thing.
He also possibly did not want to make any more statements beyond what had already been said till he had more answers.
I make products for drift cars, I know how Ron’s position can happen as a vendor and I know the internent can cause a riot crowd mentality.
Fact is you can never satisfy everyone, fact is there is nothing as 100% perfect on the manufacturing line, facf is QC does not always catch everyhing.
Customer relations kicks in at that point.
The people raking Ron over the coals need to step back and put themselves in Ron’s shows. It’s easy to play consumer advocate customer is right card, but have any of you ever been in the vendors shoes? Trying to do the right thing but people will be never be satisfied?
Ron reached out to the manufacturer not the supplier to do something about correcting the issue.
That’s fantastic customer service.

He could have have said product is racing product it does not have a warranty sorry your own since you installed it. Then told the people that bought kits not installed he would just refund their money.

In fact in the automotive high perfornance aftermarket industry what I just wrote above is par for the course.

Ron is going beyond that though. He is taking it to the next level of customer service. Anyone dissing Ron for how he has handled this really needs to step back. He has remained in communication. He has not gone anywhere is still around selling other products. So just chill the hell out and let him take care of things
He has communicated he has even been apologetic about waiting for REVO to respond instead of just immediately taking it to the next level.

Could you have actually handled this better, oh sure you can say you would have but if you were put in the position he is in you most likely would have taken the same logical course he has.

So enough bashing Ron, be grateful he is here and doing his utmost to fix the problem.
I haven’t been on here forever until I heard one of my friends was getting screwed on this, but lol, so much nonsense crammed into one post here. No, Ron can’t just claim ‘it’s a race car part, no warranty’, because he used a full one year warranty on this product as a selling point. A warrantee is that never going to be honored, because Revo are scumbags. The same Revo that he vouched for. And staying in touch? I know for a fact that the guys in the now three month old ‘rt330 discussion/fix’ group haven’t heard from Ron in two weeks. And people that bought kits but didn’t install them getting refunds? Nope. Read the woosh website fine print VERY carefully. Ron has claimed to my buddy that his status as a middleman vendor exempt him from refunding any product, unless he is sure that he will get his money back from the manufacturer. This whole thing is a giant ripoff of a bunch of a bunch of good guys. What a joke.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I wish I hadn't had to "find a fix" for a brand 2500$ kit. I prefer not to get a fix or repairing it honestly, and yes perfblue my x47 blew up and I devastated that it almost blew my car up cause the wheels imploded. I was told this (rt330) would surpass and blow the x47 out of the water, these past two years have literally sucked for me and this car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Wow that sounds horrible. I somewhat understand your pain. It hurts in an unexplainable way when you get yourself into a nightmare like this.

I hope you get a solution/end to this soon. It sucks that people are having to file chargebacks when the manufacturer should be stepping up. Not just the vendor taking the hit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #167
guys, it was explained to the owners group that revo and Turbo Technics were out of the office for the past 2 weeks for holiday
Jan 2 was the first day back in the office and I have received an email from revo just stating that I would hear back from them in the next few days as they have just returned.

Hi Ron, I'm not one of your customers but I appreciate you keeping everyone updated. It'll be interesting to see what they say.

Hi Ron, I'm not one of your customers but I appreciate you keeping everyone updated. It'll be interesting to see what they say.
Here’s the update John. There is no update. Absolutely nothing has been done to address the issue after 2+ months. The proposed solution, and only viable solution outside of a refund has been backpedaled on, and Revo believes that enough UK guys are happy that they can overcome any bad publicity and keep selling this flawed garbage. You want to see a solution? Put it out there. Make the issue known. There you go.

Since Revo is a reputable company with a global footprint I am still hopeful that they will come to the party especially since customers from the USA, UK and South Africa are experiencing similar issues. One of the reasons I used the RT330 kit from Revo was because of their global footprint and their research and development that is apparently done globally.

My Revo approved vendor is back from holiday this coming Monday and I will then discuss the issue with them.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Reality and perception are different, because it appears that some of their R&D team are posting their findings in this thread. [chairfall]

The reality is that there was no testing done in N. America prior to public consumption.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Since Revo is a reputable company with a global footprint I am still hopeful that they will come to the party especially since customers from the USA, UK and South Africa are experiencing similar issues. One of the reasons I used the RT330 kit from Revo was because of their global footprint and their research and development that is apparently done globally.

My Revo approved vendor is back from holiday this coming Monday and I will then discuss the issue with them.
We will be interested to hear what they tell you. Revo’s current claims are that nobody other than US fiestas are experiencing issues. This gives them plausible deniability that this issue falls on the shoulders of the US tuners.

Meanwhile, the surge is visible on any UK fiesta dyno with this turbo:

Attached is a photo of the dyno graph of Jake Bartlett, the UK guy who ran the quarter mile in the 12’s with this turbo. As you can see, there is a huge hp dip between 3-4K rpm that is evidence of compressor surge.

If any of the folks still reading this thread believe Revo is a standup company, I really hope this changes their reputation in your eyes. I know it has for me.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #173
email to revo> just FYI

Hi Paul,
Maybe you could stop by this thread(link below) on the Fiesta ST forum where customers from the UK , South Africa, and of course USA are discussing the RT330 kit
You'll find a lot of information including pics of the infamous Jake Bartlett's dyno graph showing a dip with turbo surge.

A revo presence in the thread would be very helpful to show that me as a dealer and my customers aren't being hung out to dry.
What do you think?
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/18014-The-NEW-revo-RT330-turbo-kit-is-here!/page4

Ron Miller
whooshmotorsports.com
Ph: 610-334-2158
Las Vegas, NV

XanRules

Ron and Adam are both stand-up guys who have a long history of doing right by their customers. The amount of shitting on both dudes in this thread that seems to be based on guesswork from people who do not own this turbo is very odd to me.

Edit for Clarification: I am not referring to owners and customers who have voiced grievances in this thread, I'm referring to the 4-5 pages of weird arguments starting with "I don't own this turbo, but" and "I've also never bought anything from either of these guys, but,"

Ron and Adam are both stand-up guys who have a long history of doing right by their customers. The amount of shitting on both dudes in this thread that seems to be based on guesswork from people who do not own this turbo is very odd to me.
Adam did as much as he could, , and was very helpful in diagnosing the clear design flaws of this turbo, but he is no longer involved in this process.

This is a great post, I applaud you for finally looking at this from that perspectice. But.... perhaps you should practice what you write above on not only Ron but I as well. You judged Ron you judged me and then told me not to judge you .

Like I siad before and I will say it again Ron is working on fixing things. He is not running and he is doing exactly what you describe above.

Stop projecting your experience with DHM and Sourskittles on Ron. It’s what we call future tripping and you’re doing it.
This is already playing out a lot different.

Not sure how I missed this post the first time through. Since I was involved in both the C39, and now the RT330 goat fu*k, I’d love to know how this one is playing out differently. You obviously have some knowledge that the actual owners of the product don’t.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not sure how I missed this post the first time through. Since I was involved in both the C39, and now the RT330 goat fu*k, I’d love to know how this one is playing out differently. You obviously have some knowledge that the actual owners of the product don’t.
First off you seem to be trolling a bit if not excuse me for observing that. Now on to the other things. Ron is a pretty upstanding guy and is a good businessman. The problem is with Revo, Ron is not Revo nor is he DHM.

You come in weeks after this was discussed and single me out now? Thats pretty much trolling.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
First off you seem to be trolling a bit if not excuse me for observing that. Now on to the other things. Ron is a pretty upstanding guy and is a good businessman. The problem is with Revo, Ron is not Revo nor is he DHM.

You come in weeks after this was discussed and single me out now? Thats pretty much trolling.
He has more of a right than most of us in this particular thread. He is not trolling....settle down there guy....just let it play itself out and learn something!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
P.
He has more of a right than most of us in this particular thread. He is not trolling....settle down there guy....just let it play itself out and learn something!

I am fine with letting it play out. He was the one that came in here three weeks after the fact and called my shit out . If thats not trolling Then you a trollmeister are giving him broad leeway.

P.S. don’t talk down to me either. I have been in the automotive world for years, as a consumer and a retailer.

So he got fucked I am truely sorry and empathize for him. It still does not give him a right to basically deride me becuase I was applying a little levity to the thread.

Trolling? You have no reference or either situation, yet you comment on this one like you have any knowledge. That seems more like trolling to me. If you were actually in the discussion group, you would know Ron told every owner three weeks ago that he was going to pay out-of-pocket to convert these turbos to the S280 spec, regardless of what Revo and turbo technics did, which is the only viable solution, then backtracked on it Thursday, instead saying instead ‘let’s wait some more and see if there’s an easier option, like a cover swap’. Even though turbo technics has already old him the rt330 uses a custom backing plate, and that neither the s242, s270 or s280 covers are a viable swap. a new cover would have to be designed, castings made, manufactured, tested, and shipped. At a cost of thousands of dollars and months of time. All of this after Adam lent his help to diagnosing the issues for Ron back in early December, and came back with this.

‘If I build a product, and I put it on a car and during R&D it did this, it would have been back to the drawing board. This is a defective product, and needs to be returned to Revo.’

The problem wth Revo is between Revo and Ron. Not one single member of this forum would have accepted Russ saying ‘well sourskittle/robs auto say the c39 is fine, so nothing I can do about it.’
We were sold a product with a one year warranty against failures and defects, and now it’s not being honored.