Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I am fine with letting it play out. He was the one that came in here three weeks after the fact and called my shit out . If thats not trolling Then you a trollmeister are giving him broad leeway.

P.S. don’t talk down to me either. I have been in the automotive world for years, as a consumer and a retailer.

So he got fucked I am truely sorry and empathize for him. It still does not give him a right to basically deride me becuase I was applying a little levity to the thread.
Dude just QFT.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
He has more of a right than most of us in this particular thread. He is not trolling....settle down there guy....just let it play itself out and learn something!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
+10000 I admit I trolled a bit.

But this dude has every right to be mad and to troll. He has money in this and the last big forum debacle.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
+10000 I admit I trolled a bit.

But this dude has every right to be mad and to troll. He has money in this and the last big forum debacle.

I too will admit I am a....

But an informational one....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #184
Trolling? You have no reference or either situation, yet you comment on this one like you have any knowledge. That seems more like trolling to me. If you were actually in the discussion group, you would know Ron told every owner three weeks ago that he was going to pay out-of-pocket to convert these turbos to the S280 spec, regardless of what Revo and turbo technics did, which is the only viable solution, then backtracked on it Thursday, instead saying instead ‘let’s wait some more and see if there’s an easier option, like a cover swap’. Even though turbo technics has already old him the rt330 uses a custom backing plate, and that neither the s242, s270 or s280 covers are a viable swap. a new cover would have to be designed, castings made, manufactured, tested, and shipped. At a cost of thousands of dollars and months of time. All of this after Adam lent his help to diagnosing the issues for Ron back in early December, and came back with this.

‘If I build a product, and I put it on a car and during R&D it did this, it would have been back to the drawing board. This is a defective product, and needs to be returned to Revo.’

The problem wth Revo is between Revo and Ron. Not one single member of this forum would have accepted Russ saying ‘well sourskittle/robs auto say the c39 is fine, so nothing I can do about it.’
We were sold a product with a one year warranty against failures and defects, and now it’s not being honored.
You have misunderstood what I was saying in the group
I never once said the S280 conversion was off the table. revo and TT and working together now rather than me directly through TT so there may be a quicker and better solution than the S280 swap. The S280 swap was an idea TT and I were working out when revo was not responding at all.

Maybe a new thread for comparisons of this situation vs DHM and C39's would better because I'm not going to keep going over the same things. We are a dealer for revo and the warranty is being handled through revo and turbo technics. I'm truly sorry it's not happening fast enough.

All the fighting and nonsense just make matters worse. Aside from this turbo being "defective" which there isn't a damn person alive yet that can convince revo or the actual turbo builder that there is a defect, what exactly have I done to you that wouldn't at least earn a chance to get this right with the company that made the product?
I truly respect that you may feel things should be handled a certain way or your way but the process that's happening with this situation is unique for many reasons and handling warranty through the manufacturer is common and our policy.

Again, If we can't stop arguing about this topic and just concentrate on the progress and solution the thread dies and you can start a thread somewhere else
I'm doing my best with a sticky situation and have always done so by you as well Anthony.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Trolling? You have no reference or either situation, yet you comment on this one like you have any knowledge. That seems more like trolling to me. If you were actually in the discussion group, you would know Ron told every owner three weeks ago that he was going to pay out-of-pocket to convert these turbos to the S280 spec, regardless of what Revo and turbo technics did, which is the only viable solution, then backtracked on it Thursday, instead saying instead ‘let’s wait some more and see if there’s an easier option, like a cover swap’. Even though turbo technics has already old him the rt330 uses a custom backing plate, and that neither the s242, s270 or s280 covers are a viable swap. a new cover would have to be designed, castings made, manufactured, tested, and shipped. At a cost of thousands of dollars and months of time. All of this after Adam lent his help to diagnosing the issues for Ron back in early December, and came back with this.

‘If I build a product, and I put it on a car and during R&D it did this, it would have been back to the drawing board. This is a defective product, and needs to be returned to Revo.’

The problem wth Revo is between Revo and Ron. Not one single member of this forum would have accepted Russ saying ‘well sourskittle/robs auto say the c39 is fine, so nothing I can do about it.’
We were sold a product with a one year warranty against failures and defects, and now it’s not being honored.
You know what I made a post over three weeks ago and you stomped on it now. You expect me not to repsond. I get you got burned and I get it still bothers you.
Its like what gives you the right to trash someone and then not expect them have a right to respond or to call you out on a dirty manauver on your part.
I know about the past situations I get you you got burned and are upset. It does not give you the right shit on me or run around the forum shitting on all threads you disagree with.

You and others are guilty of doing this. i did post in this thread after that post because I wanted to let things work out as they may. I choose not throw fuel on the fire but you I see delight in as certain other people do.

You call me out I am gonna respond you started this current flame fest own it.

This is a thread for updates on a turbo package, can you all take you childish arguments somewhere else. I am tired of getting alerts and getting my hopes up that something has been found out or fixed only to find out no it's just children being children.

Does anybody have a specific date as to when Revo in the UK became aware of the findings of the independent turbo company in the USA that inspected the new turbo from Revo?

For those of you who have not seen it there is another "review and drive" on Youtube from "Peak Performance Reviews" on the RT330.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P6KtN0q_OE

No mention in the video about compressor surge. I did ask him in a comment if they have solved it since their first review, because in the comments section of the first video review Adam Brunson did explain the compressor surge to him.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #190
Does anybody have a specific date as to when Revo in the UK became aware of the findings of the independent turbo company in the USA that inspected the new turbo from Revo?
They were made aware but I do believe what transpired is being severly blown out of proportion.
Adam of Tune Plus sent the turbo to a turbo builder in the states and has mentioned what he thinks is the issue which very well may be the issue but there is no engineering document or statement from anyone that was passed to revo. In revo's eyes as well as TT this is all just "talk". The only concrete anything that anyone has is a wobbly line on data logs which they are claiming is tune related.
Alex from Stratified has mentioned (this isn't word for word) that the compressor wheel and exhaust wheels on the turbo are a mismatch which is causing the surge. No mention of the lack of anti suge feature.

Alex’s Gutica’s statement was ‘True compressor surge under WOT (which this turbo has) is a fundamental turbocharger design issue. You can lower your pressure ratio with well flowing intake, intercooler, exhaust, but this will help minimally-so only if surge is very mild. Usually compressor surge is caused by incompatible sizing of the turbine and compressor sides of the turbo’
This was shortly before he advised his rt330 costumer to discontinue tuning, and only lends credence to the fact that the turbo is defective, a cover swap is not a plausible option.

A new video has been put up from the UK as well where I believe the surge noise can he heard all throughout the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Jnj3h8zIw
Yessir. I believe he is running a closed box style intake, it’s even more pronounced with an open style filter. But that’s the same noise/rpm band surge we are all experiencing here.

On my way to work this morning I made a short video to record the surging sound on a WOT on my car that has got the RT330 kit installed
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qahIZgD5OTY

Apologies for the video and sound quality, but I am sure the surge noise can be heard.

The video shows 4 pulls in 3rd gear from 3000RPM on a WOT and the noise is consistently there. The same noise can be heard in other gears but I tried to keep the video as short as possible.

On my way to work this morning I made a short video to record the surging sound on a WOT on my car that has got the RT330 kit installed
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qahIZgD5OTY

Apologies for the video and sound quality, but I am sure the surge noise can be heard.

The video shows 4 pulls in 3rd gear from 3000RPM on a WOT and the noise is consistently there. The same noise can be heard in other gears but I tried to keep the video as short as possible.
Gustav, this is using the Revo flash tune?

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but here is a short Summary of my RT330 kit installation that was done by a Revo approved dealer:
On day2 of the installation, they started struggling with “boost issues”
The Revo approved tuner in Cape Town ordered a new boost solenoid
On day 4 of the installation the new boost solenoid arrived
They still struggled with boost issues after the new boost solenoid was installed.
I got the car back on day 7 of the installation
From what I understand tuning files were send up and down between my Revo approved tuner and Revo UK during this whole process

You have misunderstood what I was saying in the group
I never once said the S280 conversion was off the table. revo and TT and working together now rather than me directly through TT so there may be a quicker and better solution than the S280 swap. The S280 swap was an idea TT and I were working out when revo was not responding at all.

Maybe a new thread for comparisons of this situation vs DHM and C39's would better because I'm not going to keep going over the same things. We are a dealer for revo and the warranty is being handled through revo and turbo technics. I'm truly sorry it's not happening fast enough.

All the fighting and nonsense just make matters worse. Aside from this turbo being "defective" which there isn't a damn person alive yet that can convince revo or the actual turbo builder that there is a defect, what exactly have I done to you that wouldn't at least earn a chance to get this right with the company that made the product?
I truly respect that you may feel things should be handled a certain way or your way but the process that's happening with this situation is unique for many reasons and handling warranty through the manufacturer is common and our policy.

Again, If we can't stop arguing about this topic and just concentrate on the progress and solution the thread dies and you can start a thread somewhere else
I'm doing my best with a sticky situation and have always done so by you as well Anthony.
It’s been a week since we were supposed to ‘give it a few days and see what Revo/turbo technics come up with’ for a solution to this, any updates Ron?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #200
It’s been a week since we were supposed to ‘give it a few days and see what Revo/turbo technics come up with’ for a solution to this, any updates Ron?
no update from revo
there is an update from TT
I've explained what's happening in the chat