Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports Fiesta ST Rear Torsion Bar!

Trader history for Piercemotorsports (0)

Received my (street) torsion bar. Am I supposed to hammer it into the rear beam? [8] I don't see how it could fit otherwise. The two sections on the sides are as wide as the beam itself, assuming the plasticky caps are left on.

Received my (street) torsion bar. Am I supposed to hammer it into the rear beam? [8] I don't see how it could fit otherwise. The two sections on the sides are as wide as the beam itself, assuming the plasticky caps are left on.
Pierce - I have the same problem. No way it's going to fit unless I start hammering things, bending the torsion beam, or sanding/cutting your bar. Is that normal? It's like it's 1/16" off to 1/8" off.

I think your last batch of torsion beams may be out of spec unless there is something about the (non-existent) instructions I am not understanding.

Had the same issue. Used a rubber mallet to get it into place, which wasnt a huge issue. But ended up stripping out the threading on one side of the bar because it was so difficult to get aligned properly. Now I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Debating rethreading it with a helicoil but I'm unsure how good of an idea that is.

OP
P
Thread Starter #105
Hey there-your not alone!* We just received a few other notifications from*the last batch.* We switched to a different insert and it looks like the bars are over by .065" a side making them nearly impossible to fit up inside the beam.**You can send it back to us (we'll compensate you for shipping-send us a note through the contact page on our site and we'll get you info immediately) and we'll*fix it/ship it back same day or if your shop has a belt sander as 2HEMIS mentioned, they can easily remove caps-take*a bit off each side and pop the caps back in.**Strife go ahead and send your bar back to us, we'll get you a new one---they get millions of cycles and the helicoil woud likely cause them to loosen often. Our apologies guys, we'll take care of them all!

This cost me labor because the shop tried to install a direct fit bar that didn't fit. What about those costs.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bluedrank

It's unfortunate that you guys got faulty parts. But I'm seriously impressed with Pierce's quick response and solution to the issue.

I had the same issue...ended up stripping out one of the threads trying to get it to fit, re-tapped them and rubber mallet and its on now.

Chris G

I have one from way back when they did the original group buy - a tight fit, but it fits. Love this upgrade.

So what's the recommended F/R combo for a canyon carver/occasional autocrosser? I am sold on the torsion bar for the rear but what about the front? Thinking about going with the larger non-ST stabilizer bar because I hear the Eibach can exacerbate understeer. Or do you folks have a recommendation for complimentary front hardware? Thanks.

So what's the recommended F/R combo for a canyon carver/occasional autocrosser? I am sold on the torsion bar for the rear but what about the front? Thinking about going with the larger non-ST stabilizer bar because I hear the Eibach can exacerbate understeer. Or do you folks have a recommendation for complimentary front hardware? Thanks.
I might be letting go of TB Performance's stage 1 kit. It has been perfect for my Colorado canyon carving, AutoX, and a few rounds at my local track. Paired with the OEM suspension, this has hands down transformed my FiST into a perfect daily driving sports car. I highly recommend.

OP
P
Thread Starter #114
Hey there-we've found adding a bit of negative camber up front really helps when combined with the torsion bars/chassis braces for daily drivers that don't want to increase spring rate/stiffen the ride. It really brings the car back to neutral and will allow for some lift throttle oversteer. At Willow Springs on the big track we were able to do two laps at full tilt (went 1:42 in the OEM FIST on OEM tires VS 1:42.8 in the BRZ, 1:43.8 in the Veloster Turbo, 1:44 flat in the Kia Forte Turbo, 1:46 in the Chevy Sonic RS Turbo) with the car straight from the dealership before the car pushed/understeered badly---with some negative camber we could do nearly a 20 minute session...Our street package would be ideal for your needs.
http://www.piercemotorsport.com/2014-2017-fiesta-st-track-suspension-package/

Hey there-we've found adding a bit of negative camber up front really helps when combined with the torsion bars/chassis braces for daily drivers that don't want to increase spring rate/stiffen the ride. It really brings the car back to neutral and will allow for some lift throttle oversteer. At Willow Springs on the big track we were able to do two laps at full tilt (went 1:42 in the OEM FIST on OEM tires VS 1:42.8 in the BRZ, 1:43.8 in the Veloster Turbo, 1:44 flat in the Kia Forte Turbo, 1:46 in the Chevy Sonic RS Turbo) with the car straight from the dealership before the car pushed/understeered badly---with some negative camber we could do nearly a 20 minute session...Our street package would be ideal for your needs.
http://www.piercemotorsport.com/2014-2017-fiesta-st-track-suspension-package/
Thanks. I'll check that out. Looks like you accidentally linked to the race kit but I found the sport.

I am not planning on going crazy on the suspension with lowering. I need ground clearance in my neighborhood due to high speed bumps (close to a school). My only plans for now are some Koni Yellows to fix the harsh rebound and take the bounce/jar out of area highway driving.

Negative camber will require me to rotate/replace tires more frequently though, yes?

OP
P
Thread Starter #116
Thanks. I'll check that out. Looks like you accidentally linked to the race kit but I found the sport.

I am not planning on going crazy on the suspension with lowering. I need ground clearance in my neighborhood due to high speed bumps (close to a school). My only plans for now are some Koni Yellows to fix the harsh rebound and take the bounce/jar out of area highway driving.

Negative camber will require me to rotate/replace tires more frequently though, yes?
Your looking for a minimal amount of negative camber--1.75 degrees would be optimal for an "aggressive street" setup---your rear is already cambered more than a degree now---I'd say you'd probably rotate tires more, but you'd only lose a minimal amount of life---the actual performance driving would use up more tread than the camber.