Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interests in Auto-X / Track focus coilovers for Fiesta ST?

MeisterR

Vendor
Okay guys, I want to see a show of hands here.

We are currently working on a line of "track" focus suspension setup that won't break the bank.
It will be around the $1200 + / -

This setup will have higher springs rate, higher damping rate, and if possible more droop travel.
So this isn't a normal kit with a different spring type of deal.

I know the Fiesta do quite a bit in the STX class, so I want a show of hand who would be seriously interested in something like this.
It will take a while, months... but if there are interested then I can talk to my engineer and work something out.

Jerrick

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #3
Seperate adjustments for compression and rebound?
Single adjustable, monotube damper, compression and rebound combined.
Damper will be tuned to run close to full stiff with the paired springs rate.

We will have 3-way adjustable soon, but they will be around 4x the price so it's not the same product.

This is designed to be affordable, focused, easy to adjust, and competitive for track use.

Jerrick

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Okay guys, I want to see a show of hands here.

We are currently working on a line of "track" focus suspension setup that won't break the bank.
It will be around the $1200 + / -

This setup will have higher springs rate, higher damping rate, and if possible more droop travel.
So this isn't a normal kit with a different spring type of deal.

I know the Fiesta do quite a bit in the STX class, so I want a show of hand who would be seriously interested in something like this.
It will take a while, months... but if there are interested then I can talk to my engineer and work something out.

Jerrick

Did anything ever happen of this? I'm looking into coilovers and really wish yours came with little higher spring rates for autocross.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #5
Did anything ever happen of this? I'm looking into coilovers and really wish yours came with little higher spring rates for autocross.
We didn't make the ClubRace as there wasn't any demand for them.
For people using suspension for AutoCross purposes, we can custom build GT1 to any spec.

Jerrick

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
We didn't make the ClubRace as there wasn't any demand for them.
For people using suspension for AutoCross purposes, we can custom build GT1 to any spec.

Jerrick

I believe there is plenty of demand for something between your two models. I have seen multiple people ? If could get higher spring rates. If you marketed them as more track suited than your lower model I bet many would pay few hundred more or whatever. I can't justify 2k for my needs so I guess I'll have to resort to one of other options out there with higher spring rates.

Thanks

I’ve been running the meister r zeta crd coilovers for a while for both road going and track purpose. So far they have been great and have yet to let me down.

I would definitely be interested in the new club sport if they do become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codestp202

So are the current $995 set of Meister R's for our car not really track spec? I am so split on the coilover offerings for our platform. It seems like 99% of what is available is solely for lowering purposes. I need a set of coilovers between 900-1000 that is setup to go on track and has top camber adjustability. I've been sitting on Meister's website with the Zeta crd+ in my shopping cart but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I can't justify the $1800 price for the GT1's.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #12
About $5K (which is at least approaching the top shelf, premium brand coil over setups' price) for a system made in China?! [crazyeye]
Actually, no.
The entire system is engineered, and made in UK.
It is the same setup use by BAD on the 2013 Ford RS200 Pike Peak car that was one of 8 cars in the world to reach the peak in the 9 minute mark (call the 9 minute club).

We actually are talking to a few Time Attack Pro Class car, and I will be meeting a BTCC workshop as well as a BRITCAR team later this week.

At this level of suspension and competition, it is all about winning and BAD have very good track record of putting race car on podium with their suspension. :)

I believe there is plenty of demand for something between your two models. I have seen multiple people ? If could get higher spring rates. If you marketed them as more track suited than your lower model I bet many would pay few hundred more or whatever. I can't justify 2k for my needs so I guess I'll have to resort to one of other options out there with higher spring rates.
A lot of company jus "slap" higher springs rate on.
It isn't something I want to do because it does feel stiffer, but you don't really have the right damping force to take advantage of the stiffer springs rate.

The reason I made the ClubRace model is because EVERYTHING is different on them, not just a stiffer set of springs.
I prefer to provide products that I know will work the best it can if possible.

Jerrick

Have you looked into Fortune Auto coilovers? i know you can get some for the Fist, just gotta grab the set thats labeled for a Mazda2 and they will fit!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

We actually are talking to a few Time Attack Pro Class car, and I will be meeting a BTCC workshop as well as a BRITCAR team later this week.

At this level of suspension and competition, it is all about winning and BAD have very good track record of putting race car on podium with their suspension. :)
STILL not absolutely sure about your suspension systems, but I WILL take that badazz RS 200 (2.1 Evo+++ based??) hillclimb car (that BEAST would make a KILLER TT/time attack ride, and WIN ALL of the local hillclimbs!!). [twothumb] [driving] [raceflag] [coolsmile]

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #15
STILL not absolutely sure about your suspension systems, but I WILL take that badazz RS 200 (2.1 Evo+++ based??) hillclimb car (that BEAST would make a KILLER TT/time attack ride, and WIN ALL of the local hillclimbs!!). [twothumb] [driving] [raceflag] [coolsmile]
Here is the details if you are interested:
http://mdvse.com/pagefull.php?page=31&precat=Projects^1

Only 950 Break Horsepower. :D

We are working on a few new project that, along with a new piston design.

Jerrick