Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Intake Issues on 2016 Fiesta ST

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi All,

I need some serious help getting my CP-E intake installed on my 2016 fiesta st. I got the main intake plumbed up. Now trying to reattach all the vacuum lines and nothing fits. The large diameter vacuum line will not fit at all and it looks like the port on the crossover pipe is in the wrong spot (about two inches from the right of where it should be). Also, I have no idea how this intake adapter works. I’m left with two small vacuum lines with nowhere to run them to. I’ve attached some photos and can take more, just really need some help on how I’m gonna do this.

Car is out of commission until I can get this figured out. Starting to think this isn’t even the right one for the car...

Photos below, anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_2897.JPG IMG_2898.JPG IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2909.JPG IMG_2911.JPG IMG_2901.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION]

redmoe

For the Evap lines (the two with green clips) I believe you need to find the one that goes to the “t” and remove it at the barb on the “t”. Then you install the cpe hose to the barb. The other end of the cpe adapter will mate to the intake. There should be a cap that will be used to cap the port on the cold side ic pipe (where the second green clipped line goes). I think it is similar install as the whoosh evap fix kit. Not sure what the issue is with connection on the crossover pipe.

redmoe

I have seen were other folks have needed to sand down the finish on the large vacuum port on the crossover pipe to make the connection.

DangerMouse

The line will fit on the crossover pipe but it won't look like it. It's one of the reasons I am getting rid of my cpe intake. I have a 2016 as well.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
The line will fit on the crossover pipe but it won't look like it. It's one of the reasons I am getting rid of my cpe intake. I have a 2016 as well.
Can you post a photo of yours with the engine cover off? It’s going to break if I try to plug it in. I may try a beat gun next to see if I can bend the plastic a bit?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Can you post a photo of yours with the engine cover off? It’s going to break if I try to plug it in. I may try a beat gun next to see if I can bend the plastic a bit?

The last picture
regarding the evap kit

the OEM lines
follow them and remove all of the
one will need to be cut off at the main evap line "T" with a small utility knife slit
once all the OEM lines are removed, take the evap kit main part and snap it on to the cp-e intake tube.
the other end (open hose end) will attach to the "T" where you cut the OEM plastic from
lastly there should be a vacuum cap in the kit, that is placed on the intercooler pipe connection where disconnected one of the OEm lines.
that's it....done

here are some reference pics installed on a different intake (same difference)

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
The last picture
regarding the evap kit

the OEM lines
follow them and remove all of the
one will need to be cut off at the main evap line "T" with a small utility knife slit
once all the OEM lines are removed, take the evap kit main part and snap it on to the cp-e intake tube.
the other end (open hose end) will attach to the "T" where you cut the OEM plastic from
lastly there should be a vacuum cap in the kit, that is placed on the intercooler pipe connection where disconnected one of the OEm lines.
that's it....done

here are some reference pics installed on a different intake (same difference)

Hey Ron, thanks. I am PM'ing you now.

I got everything figured out. I broke the nipple on the cold side charge pipe when removing the vacuum line so now I am fucked. I fixed the larger vacuum port on the crossover pipe with a couple of zip ties. Pretty crappy placement by CP-E - very unhappy with that since this is advertised to fit a 2016..

Overall, car won't be drivable until I can source a new cold side charge pipe.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey Ron, thanks. I am PM'ing you now.

I got everything figured out. I broke the nipple on the cold side charge pipe when removing the vacuum line so now I am fucked. I fixed the larger vacuum port on the crossover pipe with a couple of zip ties. Pretty crappy placement by CP-E - very unhappy with that since this is advertised to fit a 2016..

Overall, car won't be drivable until I can source a new cold side charge pipe.
you are plugging the cold side anyway formthis set up
remove the pipe
drill the hole out where you broke off the nipple, thread in a npt plug from a hardware or auto parts store, use some rtv on the threads....no need for a new cold side pipe

DangerMouse

Glad you got it on there. Sorry I couldn't get a pic for you quicker.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran

I had to use a heat gun, careful that you don't over do it. Mine still has a bit of a angle to it when plugged in but it still makes a good seal. You may be able to shimmy the cpe system a bit towards the passenger side by loosening all the hose clamps and sliding it a bit inside the soft pipes. Good luck.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
I had to use a heat gun, careful that you don't over do it. Mine still has a bit of a angle to it when plugged in but it still makes a good seal. You may be able to shimmy the cpe system a bit towards the passenger side by loosening all the hose clamps and sliding it a bit inside the soft pipes. Good luck.
I did the same thing, almost kinked it but I stopped just in time. I also used a zip tip to hold it there since it is still at a bit of an angle in the seat. I don't think it is leaking but am not entirely sure how I would know other than doing a smoke test or the like..

I post some pictures here shortly of all the crap I ran into along the way in case someone else has similar problems. I also took Ron's recommendation and drill tapped the cold side charge pipe for a 1/4" NPT plug. There was just enough meat in the plastic to thread it in. I am seeing 27PSIG peak boost so there is likely no leak..

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Stock. E30 Tune from Stratified.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have yet to get my tune from them. The emails I got with instructions for where to send my mod list are long gone.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
I have yet to get my tune from them. The emails I got with instructions for where to send my mod list are long gone.

Huh? The emails are gone? How much time has passed since you ordered the tune? Usually you are sent a google forms link 24 hours after your order where you input your mods along with a number of other items. Then it takes a week to get your flash tune.

They are slow as of lately, but it is worth it.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
Broken nipple on cold side charge pipe:

Drill and tapped for 1/4” NPT pipe plug with Teflon tape:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Huh? The emails are gone? How much time has passed since you ordered the tune? Usually you are sent a google forms link 24 hours after your order where you input your mods along with a number of other items. Then it takes a week to get your flash tune.

They are slow as of lately, but it is worth it.

I bought the ap from them with a log review 2 years ago. I waited till I got to stg 3 but now I can't find the email with the instructions for the mod list. When I called them a lil while ago they said they were going to resend the email and it was never received.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
Photos of my fix for the vacuum line that seats into the large port on the crossover pipe.