Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded Radiator - Anyone using something other than Misimoto or Mountune?

Yea I could have waited but it's been in and out of stock like crazy and not being able to use AC in Arizona summer is getting old lol couldn't wait anymore.
Think I paid under $400 for mine (Mountune) earlier this year as well.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

redmoe

Yea I could have waited but it's been in and out of stock like crazy and not being able to use AC in Arizona summer is getting old lol couldn't wait anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I hear that I upgraded at the start of summer for the old $469 price. Even before the steady 100 degree temps it was seeing way too high coolant temps sitting at idle with the AC on. This radiator and the fmic are the best two items I have put on this car with the AP just trailing behind.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bump for ongoing issue... Just driving 15 minute in stop and go, definitely trying to go nice and easy and then exiting to a hilly area I nearly overheated (242 degrees) and it wasn't even quite 100 out... Looks like there is a 2 row radiator off eBay from China that is $284, but have no idea how bad quality is or fitting it might be. I think Ford needs to come up with a real solution other than ~$500 aftermarket, this is ridiculous!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish that someone had the Pro Alloy one installed for a full review, as compared to the Mountune/CSF, and Mishi ones as far as actual cooling goes.
I would spring for the extra coin for the Pro Alloy IF it actually proved to out-performed the others, and one was not throwing the extra coin at it just because it looked 'purdier'. [wink]

jayrod1980

Mountune radiator does excellent here in hot-ass Las Vegas, and I have the DHM bar and intercooler. It’s by far one of the best parts I’ve bought for the car and worth every penny. I remember getting it for much less than $500.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I paid 375 for my Mishi... There is an ebay radiator for like $200, but it doesnt have a bleed valve on it and not sure of the build quality

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I paid 375 for my Mishi... There is an ebay radiator for like $200, but it doesnt have a bleed valve on it and not sure of the build quality
Just to bump this back alive, it's $284 shipped. It's 2 row vs. 1 stock and 40mm thick vs 25mm stock, so definitely an upgrade over stock... It does have a bleeder valve, the idiots took the pics with it upside down, maybe that's why they aren't selling? LOL... 2 guys in the FB groups got them and both really like it, just not a super easy install apparently. I'm about ready to spring for one, will have it pro installed along with 180 thermostat. Not sure how you could possibly get a Mishi for $375, you're lucky... if I could, I'd just get that, but not paying $500 for a radiator.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So what are the fitment issues with the mishi rad and fan? I need to know because im eyeing that one up in case ford cant get a stock shroud to the shop repairing my car.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not sure how you could possibly get a Mishi for $375, you're lucky... if I could, I'd just get that, but not paying $500 for a radiator.
I had a sponsorship with them last year lol

So what are the fitment issues with the mishi rad and fan? I need to know because im eyeing that one up in case ford cant get a stock shroud to the shop repairing my car.
None? I have no issues with fitment. Its just larger than the Mountune one so it cant be slid into the car. You just have to remove the entire front clip, crash bar and all, to install it.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ahh, thats not too bad then, car is still apart. Lets hope ford figures out where the parts.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I had a sponsorship with them last year lol
That's great, I've had a lighting guy help me out with some LED's and covering half my Euro's projectors, so I can relate... it can definitely pay off being a nerd who posts a lot apparently, LOL.

Also, for those wondering. there is other stuff out there, PumaSpeed has stuff from the UK and even after shipping some of them are worth considering if you're gonna pay$500 anyway... THIS one is $473 shipped, for example, I wonder how the fit is though...

After seeing a pumaspeed radiator in person, I can honestly say it's the same eBay radiator that I purchased. The seller even mentioned to me that a very known retailer in the UK just ordered 30+ radiators from them. Puma!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
After seeing a pumaspeed radiator in person, I can honestly say it's the same eBay radiator that I purchased. The seller even mentioned to me that a very known retailer in the UK just ordered 30+ radiators from them. Puma!
Well, not sure how this works, but PumaSpeed sells a single pass and a triple pass in that style, the one on eBay is double pass... So likely PumaSpeed decided to brand and sell the single and triple pass models and I guess the double pass gets sold on eBay... *shrug*

But can you confirm that quality and fitment is decent and any temp differences?
THIS is the one I'm all but certain I'm getting, probably exactly the same as you got?
Edit: Nevermind, found your other thread!

The single pass you speak of is a there 40mm core, same exact one as the eBay core.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Fitment was very poor for the one I received. No cutting or trimming needed though, radiator fan doesn't seal the best so I improvised with aluminum tape.
Interesting, so the fan shroud doesn't lie up perfectly so you used aluminum tape? This might be OK as I have some aluminum heat tape left over, hmmm.