Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

JDG’s Revo RT330 Install

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
People just need to start buying Turbos and quit pipe dreaming shit....bite the bullet...forget the BAEs advice and just buy one or the other.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No, to my understanding, the X47 uses the OEM compressor housing machine internally for the bigger compressor impeller. The RT330 compressor housing is cast specifically for the larger compressor wheel and turbo assembly and is larger as a result, hence the issue. The reality is that you could probably get away with not removing any material and just accept that the housing touches the engine but I did not want to risk a potential exhaust leak for something that took 5 minutes with a file to fix.
Got ya!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Which one did you buy? ;)
I did not buy into a Hybrid...I have a Gen2 GTX2860R .....all supporting mods except auxiliary fuel. If you have the coin ..just jump....buy one....I can say I haven't regretted it ever since I did. Anything is better than stock no matter what any stock turbo person has to say.....They don't know.....they are just stirring the pot to make themselves feel better that they haven't Traded up to Big Turbo or the Hybrid game. Who needs boost in 1st & 2nd gear anyways? Hell I've never even done a burnout in my FiST.[party]

P.s. I don't let my BAE tell me what I can and cant buy....I just say its better than a barstool at the local bar or needle on the corner. At least ill have something to show for it.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
People just need to start buying Turbos and quit pipe dreaming shit....bite the bullet...forget the BAEs advice and just buy one or the other.

Saving for a house is taking my priority right now lol. In the meantime I'm buying all the all nickel and dime things(supporting mods) I guess you can call them so I'll have literally EVERYTHING besides the upgraded turbo itself. Only other things I have left is ITG crossover, ITG intake, radiator, and maybe some charge pipes. AUX fuel is an option in the future.

No, to my understanding, the X47 uses the OEM compressor housing machine internally for the bigger compressor impeller. The RT330 compressor housing is cast specifically for the larger compressor wheel and turbo assembly and is larger as a result, hence the issue. The reality is that you could probably get away with not removing any material and just accept that the housing touches the engine but I did not want to risk a potential exhaust leak for something that took 5 minutes with a file to fix.
I thought the same about not removing any material on my S242, I crawled under there after about a month and looked and there was some wear on the housing so I ended up loosening everything up and squeezed my dremel up there with a side cutter to knock the edge off the mounting boss on the block, for anyone concerned about doing this there is absolutely nothing to worry about, you are removing a very small amount of material that as he said takes 5 minutes with a file while the turbo is out.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
First revision. Car feels ridiculous. I just did a quick log to get some numbers. More logs will come on some better roads this weekend. I cannot believe this is only 280WHP. It feels like 350WHP lol.

At the current pace, it looks like I will get one revision per week from Stratified. I cannot complain one bit.
How and where can I get this same Dyno app or program?[popcorn]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not dead, but it is spooling up around 2800 RPM so throttle response isn't great. I think there is a lot fine tuning left of the table right now to get the turbo to spool. I won't be judging until we complete a few more revisions.

Virtual Dyno: https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/
Do you need a dongle/connecting cord ?

Nope, Just do a data log with your AP. Do a run from 2500 rpm to 6700 rpm in 3rd gear. Copy the data log from your AP to you computer, open up the program configure it for the FIST and drop the data file in. It will generate the graph.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nope, Just do a data log with your AP. Do a run from 2500 rpm to 6700 rpm in 3rd gear. Copy the data log from your AP to you computer, open up the program configure it for the FIST and drop the data file in. It will generate the graph.
Nice....now just got to fiddle faddle to see what I got.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
Just got another datalog out to Stratified on Tuesday. Very excited for the revision. New vehicle weight with AS wheels/tires, full tank, and no driver. This is the car in daily driver mode with all my standard crap in the trunk.

A full tank of fuel weighs ~78 LBS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk