Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

• 16-24 years

Votes: 267 17.1%
  • 25-34 years

Votes: 632 40.4%
  • 35-44 years

Votes: 357 22.8%
  • 45-54 years

Votes: 163 10.4%
  • 55-64 years

Votes: 112 7.2%
  • 65 years and over

Votes: 34 2.2%

• Total voters

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I won't tell you how much I dislike bicycle riders.
I believe that they have screwed up some of the best roads.

SlowCycle

Dave

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Out of curiosity, how many of ya'll old-timers ride motorbikes and bicycles... and what kind? Cruiser and a bus or sport bike and road bicycle? [8D]
Early 2000s era vintage (built in Sommerville{?}, Mass.), Merlin Titanium Road, with full Campy record 10 gruppo, and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels.

SORRY, Dave! (D1JL)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Early 2000s era vintage (built in Sommerville{?}, Mass.), Merlin Titanium Road, with full Campy record 10 gruppo, and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels.

SORRY, Dave! (D1JL)
Oh that's real nice! [like]
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...-21&sk=&cvid=F9D98D90348D43098B0B04F6782AB34B

I won't tell you how much I dislike bicycle riders.
I believe that they have screwed up some of the best roads.

SlowCycle

Dave
That man put'n in some WORK LoL!
I recognize that as an "enthusiast" road. Many wrecks on that corner... that guy is brave. [giggle]
Personally I try to stay off of one lane roads that don't have a really wide berm. (and "enthusiast" roads in any form of transportation due to many videos of idiots taking blind curves in the wrong lane)
As far as my own experiences on two lanes in each direction roadways there are some drivers that literally leave inches between me and the mirror. So I'm forced to take up the entire lane. Some margin is required to dodge debris and sewer grates. I've also ruined two expensive wheels on sidewalks. Since I haven't been cycling much my speeds are low; and have been sticking to a park with a long paved trail. Once I can maintain at least 20MPH again I'll be somewhat comfortable back on the streets though. Lots of steep hills to keep it interesting and challenging. [cool]

Out of curiosity, how many of ya'll old-timers ride motorbikes and bicycles... and what kind? Cruiser and a bus or sport bike and road bicycle? [8D]
I've yet to qualify for a AARP membership (they'll probably start mailing me stuff in April) but I do have a six month old grandson, so I guess I qualify to answer your post.
My current ride is a 2015 KTM Super Duke R 1290 I bought new in 2016. I love me some third and sometimes fourth gear power wheelies! Those are what keep this big kid feeling (and acting) young. [hihi].

dmb

I've yet to qualify for a AARP membership (they'll probably start mailing me stuff in April) but I do have a six month old grandson, so I guess I qualify to answer your post.
My current ride is a 2015 KTM Super Duke R 1290 I bought new in 2016. I love me some third and sometimes fourth gear power wheelies! Those are what keep this big kid feeling (and acting) young. [hihi].
you can have the clip on's, I'll take what you ride any day. oh i'm a 2% here

I respect everybody on the roads [:)]...except who considers the streets as..his own place [chair]..This kinda situation is clearly represented where I live..

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I respect everybody on the roads [:)]...except who considers the streets as..his own place [chair]..This kinda situation is clearly represented where I live..

Its the same here in Minnesota....The cyclists feel no need to stop at lights or signage....failure to signal...ride in the street instead of the designated Bike lane the state has provided. I also cycle but obey all laws....I was hit by a Guy California rolling a stop sign at a crosswalk in his car....Threw me and the bike as I was clipped in....totaled my new bike...broke my hand.....But hey I Got a new bike....all my med bills paid and 5k out of the deal. [strongman]....The other guys insurance said we have to compensate you....I said ok and that was that as I didn't want to milk it out for years for a big settlement. I'm not a leach....just wanted my bike and my hand fixed....but I ended up with more.[biggrin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Yes, but as big as cycling in general is here now in the states, it is a HUGE actual professional sport over there (like our mis-named football, and basketball COMBINED), and garners MUCH MORE respect from the general populace there, than here where most STILL do not consider it a proper 'sport'. [:(]

Yes, but as big as cycling in general is here now in the states, it is a HUGE actual professional sport over there (like our mis-named football, and basketball COMBINED), and garners MUCH MORE respect from the general populace there, than here where most STILL do not consider it a proper 'sport'. [:(]
I agree with You!...I think that, in Your Country, there are many possibilities to practice cycling in all safety...Here in Italy it's not the same situation..[:(]..We have small roads and lot of traffic...and the equipped tracks for cyclism are reeeeally few….So, every Saturday, or Sunday, there is a real jam in the streets [dunno]

Its the same here in Minnesota....The cyclists feel no need to stop at lights or signage....failure to signal...ride in the street instead of the designated Bike lane the state has provided. I also cycle but obey all laws....I was hit by a Guy California rolling a stop sign at a crosswalk in his car....Threw me and the bike as I was clipped in....totaled my new bike...broke my hand.....But hey I Got a new bike....all my med bills paid and 5k out of the deal. [strongman]....The other guys insurance said we have to compensate you....I said ok and that was that as I didn't want to milk it out for years for a big settlement. I'm not a leach....just wanted my bike and my hand fixed....but I ended up with more.[biggrin]
Ooops..[:)]..Reminds to me when I was a young boy (about 5 light years ago, when I was a member of the Enterprise)….I was running with my cross bike down a local street, when a dude in his car, stopped suddenly…..I crashed into his trunk, staying with the feet in the air out of the window...[cheerleader]

96 GPZ1100 and 03 FZ1.
[thumb] For the GPZ1100. I was looking at one recently for a commuter bike but it needed more love than I could give it. They're getting somewhat rare around here (I think they were only sold here in the states for two, maybe three years?). A Weisco 1109 piston kit and APE lightened crankshaft will totally transform the motor.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ooops..[:)]..Reminds to me when I was a young boy (about 5 light years ago, when I was a member of the Enterprise)….I was running with my cross bike down a local street, when a dude in his car, stopped suddenly…..I crashed into his trunk, staying with the feet in the air out of the window...[cheerleader]
Did you also compete in track (pista) racing as well.

In my club/team, way back in my youth, we were not just encouraged to compete in everything; road, criteriums (kermesse there), track, hillclimb, cyclocross, hell even grass track) , but were all but compelled to do so. [raceflag]

Did you also compete in track (pista) racing as well.

In my club/team, way back in my youth, we were not just encouraged to compete in everything; road, criteriums (kermesse there), track, hillclimb, cyclocross, hell even grass track) , but were all but compelled to do so. [raceflag]
I went to ride in race tracks near my house, in a place built for boys with cross bicycles...I did it for a couple of years, then I had a close encounter of a third Pine….[ohcrap]..I've never used a bicycle...I bought some sportbikes as Suzuki GSXR and Yamaha R1, then, sold the last R1, I began to buy sportcars [:)]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
[thumb] For the GPZ1100. I was looking at one recently for a commuter bike but it needed more love than I could give it. They're getting somewhat rare around here (I think they were only sold here in the states for two, maybe three years?). A Weisco 1109 piston kit and APE lightened crankshaft will totally transform the motor.
JE 1109 , ZX11 cams , ZX11 carbs. Along with Brembo 4 pad conversion and Hyper pro shock has transformed mine.

IMG_20180729_112433_510.jpg

Ford Community Posts