Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #601
The projectors aren't designed for HIDs, so while the cutoff is decent, there is still some light that shows higher above the cutoff. If you look back a few pages, I figured out this was because the projectors are ECE and not DOT, meaning that the cutoff is not designed for HIDs. There is also uneven output and not a lot of foreground in the beam, hence why I decided to go back to the above halogen bulbs. Compared to the stock USDM headlights the output is much better and brighter overall.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #602
I saw those too and was going to try a set.

Compared to the HIDs how does the cutoff and output compare?
The output is better and even, consistent with the halogen bulbs since that's what the projectors are designed for. The HID's are ok but cutoff is about the same (decent, but fuzzy since these are halogen projectors) and not a lot of foreground due to uneven light disbursement from the halogen projector.

Parklar

Hello all long time lurker first time post. Had a quick question since it has been a while since I've seen anyone post about the actual acquisition of the euro headlights. Is there still a clear path to do this? Thanks!

brbauer2

Hello all long time lurker first time post. Had a quick question since it has been a while since I've seen anyone post about the actual acquisition of the euro headlights. Is there still a clear path to do this? Thanks!
Ron @ Whoosh is looking at bringing them in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I recently bought some, went through emailing them through a parts request. Wendy responded she gave me a price and link to buy and that was it. It arrived within a week I'd say. It wasn't cheap but fuck it, YOLO.

I have yet to install them since they actually arrived today and I'm at work until midnight so I'll probably do it early morning and see how it goes.

Parklar

[MENTION=6284]brbauer2[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8349]Bojangles[/MENTION] Thanks for the information and response! Good luck with your install!

So I finished installing it and only had a few hiccups. When I was trying to remove the driver side headlight it would not budge, I said oh geez, is it suppose to be this hard? I pulled up got it off the hinge but it would not budge still, I push forward but still nothing. I said damn, I feel like it's going to break let me try the passenger side and it was insanely easy. I think the little tab on top of my driver side is bent or something because I when I put in the euro headlights it was still hard to snap in otherwise it's great.

brbauer2

So I finished installing it and only had a few hiccups. When I was trying to remove the driver side headlight it would not budge, I said oh geez, is it suppose to be this hard? I pulled up got it off the hinge but it would not budge still, I push forward but still nothing. I said damn, I feel like it's going to break let me try the passenger side and it was insanely easy. I think the little tab on top of my driver side is bent or something because I when I put in the euro headlights it was still hard to snap in otherwise it's great.

They look great! Those white tab connectors are $5-10 from the dealer, so not too bad if one breaks or you want to replace one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Anyone retrofit these? And by retrofit I mean find the projector that bolts right in, not Andrews custom build. D2s I assume?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

V_2

Anyone retrofit these? And by retrofit I mean find the projector that bolts right in, not Andrews custom build. D2s I assume?

Morimoto 4tlr are as close to a direct retrofit as you're going to find.

For the people who already have these, how is the output with the H7 halogen bulbs compared to the standard US-Spec lights? I'm 99% convinced myself I need these but I probably will stick with and upgraded H7 bulb....

For the people who already have these, how is the output with the H7 halogen bulbs compared to the standard US-Spec lights? I'm 99% convinced myself I need these but I probably will stick with and upgraded H7 bulb....
Not mind blowingly brighter but better and also I much prefer the euro pattern over the US pattern. And upgrading to a brighter H7 bulb will be just the ticket when one of mine burn out.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Do we have new contact information for sales? Seems like the email address posted on the first page (wendy.doyle@fmg-uk.com) isn't valid anymore.

brbauer2

TDavis

1000 Post Club
For people who have done this upgrade. How bright are the LED DRLs actually? And is there any way to wire them to be actual DRLs or do you HAVE to wire them to your parking lights?

For people who have done this upgrade. How bright are the LED DRLs actually? And is there any way to wire them to be actual DRLs or do you HAVE to wire them to your parking lights?
They're bright, really bright. IMO When I unlock my car at night, everyone turns to look because they see a little black bean just lighting up the night.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #620
VERY bright. They always used to light up my garage door.

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=olmCzX2AK8E[/video]