Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP Catback Daily Driving

Hello all,

I do apologize if this was discussed, but a search of the MBRP exhaust shed a bit of light but didn't answer all the questions. I fully understand that "sound" and "volume" are completely subjective.....but stick with me a minute.

I finally bought a ST, yesterday as a matter of fact. The car has a MBRP exhaust that is simply too loud and droney for my 100 mile commute. to each their own, but I don' t need that much volume. I needed a new daily driver and this car was pristine.

I still have the stock cat back on my Focus RS (weekend warrior)...and was curious, do you have to cut the stock cat back on the fiesta st to remove like you do the RS? If so, I guess you can get it welded back together and installed? has anyone gone from aftermarket back to stock with success? I guess that is the question. Either that, or I will buy a quite aftermarket option and sell the MBRP. I did read posts about people adding mufflers etc to quiet the MBRP down, but I would rather not go that route.

Thanks for any input.

Yea if cut at a good location, should be able to slip a big ol clamp over it or get it rewelded

Anpu is dope

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Yea if cut at a good location, should be able to slip a big ol clamp over it or get it rewelded

Anpu is dope

That totally works, have done before - or you can ask them to cut in a location that you can vband easily and not even worry about welding it back together.

You could always add a quarter wave res to the mbrp - I know I mention it a lot but it really works. If your drone is from 3200-3400 or so, roughly 33" side branch should do it. That's not cutting the MBRP, just T-ing in a perpendicular branch of, say, 2.5" similar metal. Just make sure your materials match to avoid cracking, i.e. if you have the 304 stainless mbrp then use 304 stainless side branch.

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
That totally works, have done before - or you can ask them to cut in a location that you can vband easily and not even worry about welding it back together.

You could always add a quarter wave res to the mbrp - I know I mention it a lot but it really works. If your drone is from 3200-3400 or so, roughly 33" side branch should do it. That's not cutting the MBRP, just T-ing in a perpendicular branch of, say, 2.5" similar metal. Just make sure your materials match to avoid cracking, i.e. if you have the 304 stainless mbrp then use 304 stainless side branch.
Thanks for the input and suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Stock FiST exhaust can be removed in one piece after dropping the rear twist beam while on a lift.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
Stock FiST exhaust can be removed in one piece after dropping the rear twist beam while on a lift.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Good to know, thanks!

I just installed the MBRP CAT back on my 2017 FIST and love it. I daily drive it 70 miles a day, mostly back roads. It can get loud at the upper RPM's but for cruising, it is fairly quiet and I love the sound and burble. I installed it at home with the car on jackstands. And yes I had to cut the stock exhaust in one location - I picked a somewhat straight location near the rear axle where I could get my circle cut off tool to go around most of the way and also where it could be spliced and welded back together.

I don't know what to do with the stock exhaust, was going to toss it. If anyone wants it, pay for shipping and it's yours. Only has 4K miles on it.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
I just installed the MBRP CAT back on my 2017 FIST and love it. I daily drive it 70 miles a day, mostly back roads. It can get loud at the upper RPM's but for cruising, it is fairly quiet and I love the sound and burble. I installed it at home with the car on jackstands. And yes I had to cut the stock exhaust in one location - I picked a somewhat straight location near the rear axle where I could get my circle cut off tool to go around most of the way and also where it could be spliced and welded back together.

I don't know what to do with the stock exhaust, was going to toss it. If anyone wants it, pay for shipping and it's yours. Only has 4K miles on it.
I would seriously consider that. If you still have the box your MBRP was in can you get a quote for me? I would appreciate it