Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FNG Living in the PNW

Hey all,

Just got my new-to-me 2016 Fiesta ST in Shadow Black w/ orange Recaro's. Living out in Hood River, OR near Portland. Loving this thing around all of these mountain roads! Took it out the last Bridge City Auto-X last weekend and thrashed some cones. I've been eyeing these cars ever since they came out and now I've finally got one. Super stoked! Just wish these had more interior storage options up front haha. I'm still not sure where to put my cell phone sometimes :)

In the process of winterizing it now. Got myself a skid plate from Skid Plate Guy, getting mud flaps, 15" wheels and Blizzaks are next. RMM and TB Performance traction bar also going on soon.

Anyways, good to be here.

Last edited:

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

How do you like the shid plate??? I've been looking at his stuff for awhile and it looks awesome.

Welcome to the FiST and the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That skid plate is as solid as it gets for pre-made ones (I have one, as does JDG, and I believe one of the moderators as well), until you move up to the Team O'Neil one for more than TWICE the price (better/more solid mounting points, comes right up to the lower intercooler section of the bumper, and better ventilation), and which is NOT necessary unless you are actually competing in performance rallies on stage roads.

Of course, IF you had the fabrication skills, and tools/facilities, you could build a skid plate even stronger than the O'Neil one, for less coin.

OP
PartyCar
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome. I moved out here to Oregon from FL a few years ago and I'm loving it.

The SPG skid plate seams super legit so far. Kit was simple and straight forward. Had it mounted up in about 20 minutes. Plate is solid under there, zero rattles or movement. It does make the car sound different going down the road sometimes now. It's funny to listen to gravel fly up and hit it every once in a while, makes you jump for a second before you realize it's ok haha. I'm still getting used to the car on the day to day of course.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey all,

Just got my new-to-me 2016 Fiesta ST in Shadow Black w/ orange Recaro's. Living out in Hood River, OG near Portland. Loving this thing around all of these mountain roads! Took it out the last Bridge City Auto-X last weekend and thrashed some cones. I've been eyeing these cars ever since they came out and now I've finally got one. Super stoked! Just wish these had more interior storage options up front haha. I'm still not sure where to put my cell phone sometimes :)

In the process of winterizing it now. Got myself a skid plate from Skid Plate Guy, getting mud flaps, 15" wheels and Blizzaks are next. RRM and TB Performance traction bar also going on soon.

Anyways, good to be here.
How much for the skid plate? How was the install...I just watched the video on YouTube...not too bad...how are doing Oil changes now with it on? Does it get messy?

OP
PartyCar
Thread Starter #10
I got a blemished piece from Christopher for a slight discount. All in I paid about $400 shipped. The instal video by Dash-n-Cars is what sold me on the idea. Looked solid and I'm hoping to get into rally-x one day. Plus winter driving up to the mountain can be rough, it's nice to have the added protection. Instal was easy. Took about 40 minutes start to finish, including lifting and dropping the car. You have to remove the skip plate every time you need to do maintenance. 4 bolts and it's out.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got a blemished piece from Christopher for a slight discount. All in I paid about $400 shipped. The instal video by Dash-n-Cars is what sold me on the idea. Looked solid and I'm hoping to get into rally-x one day. Plus winter driving up to the mountain can be rough, it's nice to have the added protection. Instal was easy. Took about 40 minutes start to finish, including lifting and dropping the car. You have to remove the skip plate every time you need to do maintenance. 4 bolts and it's out.
What would be ideal is a hole for the hole plug to be accessed for oil Changes and a door that can be opened and closed for doing the oil filter. But then again that's just me..or I'd just mod the skid plate for all that stuff and do a write-up. What's the best way to contact the Skid plate guy if you don't have a FACEBOOK ACCT.? Is there a website? [rockon]

OP
PartyCar
Thread Starter #14
What would be ideal is a hole for the hole plug to be accessed for oil Changes and a door that can be opened and closed for doing the oil filter. But then again that's just me..or I'd just mod the skid plate for all that stuff and do a write-up. What's the best way to contact the Skid plate guy if you don't have a FACEBOOK ACCT.? Is there a website? [rockon]
That wouldn't be half bad you're right. Removing it isn't to bad, but an access door would be better. A quick-drain valve w/ an oil filter relocation kit would be the pimp racecar way to do it though. #becauseracecar

You can Get a hold of him through Facebook, Instagram, or pm me and I'll send you his email address.

OP
PartyCar
Thread Starter #15
hood river... had some amazing pizza and beer at double mountain, then enjoyed some logsdons in mt hood.
Portland, that's another story.
Love that Double Mt. Pizza! They have super good specials this time of year. Plus we just had Fresh Hop's season! Logsdons does good work, but it's harder to get nowadays after they sold the pour room in town. Portland this time of year is a hoot! Tons of good shows coming to town[rockon]

Love that Double Mt. Pizza! They have super good specials this time of year. Plus we just had Fresh Hop's season! Logsdons does good work, but it's harder to get nowadays after they sold the pour room in town. Portland this time of year is a hoot! Tons of good shows coming to town[rockon]
did Oktoberfest with my ex wife back in 2014 with a few friends from there...
went to seattle and mt st Helens. Portland we hit Deschutes, burnside, hair of the dog, cascade, too many to list. beer city

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I looked for a web site too, no go... I know people don't like FB, but it's good to have a fake name account for their hobbies as there is just far too many great groups full of info, opinions and parts for sale, etc to pass up. These forums are slowly going the way of the dinosaur, I'm on the FB groups far more often now and get much more feedback and advice from there now.