Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

My OE BPV'S guts basically disintegrated as soon as I pulled on it with pliers as shown in the video. Everything else regarding the install was easy and straightforward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #183
All I have is a drop in filter and flutter is very apparent. If you take away restrictions in the intake tract, you will hear the diverter valve more so.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Those who installed the DV+ already, did you break the OEM piece from the BPV or is it easy to remove?
I broke it, but it was because I didn't quite understand how it came apart. It's easy to remove if you weren't drinking beer the whole time while doing an intercooler/charge pipe swap first.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Installed the GFB DV+ that I got from [MENTION=3660]RaptorRacing[/MENTION]. Very sturdy and precises piece. Just the gauge of the spring compared to stock is an indication that this part will outlast the stock part. There is no need to break the stock part with pliers. Just push with your thumbs one side then 90 degrees from that spot and keep going around it will pop tight out. I really like it. I torqued the bolts to 3 rapped knuckles. What I tight place to work on. I only had the car jacked up enough to get the wheel off as I did not want to take the skid plate off I was working from the wheel well. I ended up using a flex extension and a bunch of wobbly extensions to get the wrench out from the engine bay to do more than 2 click on the ratchet. Worked great.

Quick drive and I do notice smoother shifting. The drop from boost to vacuum is not like the stock part takes about 1-2 seconds (need to log to be sure). The 1 to 2 shift is no longer as jerky. Upper end shifting (3-4-speeding ticket-jail) is almost like flat foot shifting. Just with 20 minute of driving I recommend the part, especially if you do not want to cut a vacuum line for other kits.

20161105_155352.jpg
20161105_155502.jpg
20161105_155716.jpg
20161105_155859.jpg
20161105_155926.jpg
20161105_155931.jpg

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Installed the GFB DV+ that I got from [MENTION=3660]RaptorRacing[/MENTION]. Very sturdy and precises piece. Just the gauge of the spring compared to stock is an indication that this part will outlast the stock part. There is no need to break the stock part with pliers. Just push with your thumbs one side then 90 degrees from that spot and keep going around it will pop tight out. I really like it. I torqued the bolts to 3 rapped knuckles. What I tight place to work on. I only had the car jacked up enough to get the wheel off as I did not want to take the skid plate off I was working from the wheel well. I ended up using a flex extension and a bunch of wobbly extensions to get the wrench out from the engine bay to do more than 2 click on the ratchet. Worked great.

Quick drive and I do notice smoother shifting. The drop from boost to vacuum is not like the stock part takes about 1-2 seconds (need to log to be sure). The 1 to 2 shift is no longer as jerky. Upper end shifting (3-4-speeding ticket-jail) is almost like flat foot shifting. Just with 20 minute of driving I recommend the part, especially if you do not want to cut a vacuum line for other kits.

View attachment 12119
View attachment 12120
View attachment 12121
View attachment 12122
View attachment 12123
View attachment 12124
Great review. I'll be Installing mine tonight.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

View attachment 12120
How did you get the piece from the factory valve, with the blue seal thing in it above^^^ out of the factory valve, without destroying it??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those who installed the DV+ already, did you break the OEM piece from the BPV or is it easy to remove?
IF you are speaking to the flange thing with the blue seal/o-ring in it, yes, in order use enough force to get that piece out of the factory BPV with linesman pliers, the edge of it disintegrated on me (I even asked Canadian Guy HOW he got his 'flange' insert out INTACT, with NO damage at all). [:(]

So, IF I ever want/need to go back to stock, I must buy a whole new Motorcraft/Bosch(?) BPV. [mad]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I tried that method, and the one in my BPV just WOULD NOT BUDGE AT ALL!
It was 'locked' in there so well I HAD TO use pliers to remove it. [:(]
I hear you. Thankfully I have a spare turbo and I broke it's oem apart and kept my original one intact. I tried to be nice but it was just too eager to snap!
Any videos on how it sounds ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds stock. I didn't notice any real difference.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
How did you get the piece from the factory valve, with the blue seal thing in it above^^^ out of the factory valve, without destroying it??
The only other piece of advise is with the plunger out you can get a finger in the hole to pry from the inside. But really all I did was two thumb on one edge and pushed, rotated and pushed, rotated and push(heard a click), rotated and push it popped off.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Installed mine last night. A very noticeable difference. LAg between shift is virtually gone. Flat foot shifting is now just that, without the lag or ''pause''. Intake is also quieter. Great mod for the price.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Installed mine last night. A very noticeable difference. LAg between shift is virtually gone. Flat foot shifting is now just that, without the lag or ''pause''. Intake is also quieter. Great mod for the price.
That's pretty awesome to hear. Would prob make a real difference at the drag strip :)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I was skeptical on how much this would help at first. I do notice more steady boost levels but the lag in between shifts was erased. Not a little not some but all gone.
What I tell ya, now we agreed on something :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other piece of advise is with the plunger out you can get a finger in the hole to pry from the inside. But really all I did was two thumb on one edge and pushed, rotated and pushed, rotated and push(heard a click), rotated and push it popped off.
I just used my fingers to pull it out. Thumb and index finger, grabbed on tight and popped it out.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk