Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 Chimes Everytime I Open the Door

neeqness

1000 Post Club
You happen to know the size of the batter ?
Lithium CR2032 for my 2015.

I've already had to replace one battery for one of my remotes and since I'm fairly familiar with these batteries from other electronic equipment that I use, I just bought a pack of them to save some coin.

Instructions are in the owners manual.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

lol I am having this issue in my brand new 2017. I just googled and found the thread.

Is there a consensus on the problem, e.g. Unplug the battery, replace fob batteries, or reset using the "sensor?"

Well, what worked for me .... I remembered that I had accidentally tried to start the car without pressing the clutch a few days earlier. I wasn't sure it was related but ....

I attempted to start the car again yesterday without pushing in the clutch pedal. It obviously didn't start, but instead just chimed. After that, no more mysterious chimes when I open a door.

This is obviously a programming glitch, but perhaps anyone else with this condition can try what worked for me in order to get rid of it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #44
Mines been chiming for like 2 weeks now. I'll have to try the sensor thing next time I get in the car. It doesn't annoy me quite enough to bother to unplug the battery.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Suspect it may be related to the factory alarm system. Nothing was ever present in the Sync Message Center.

It was almost as if it were in some sort of test mode. Memory serving, it would ding two or three times depending on what door I opened. I don't recall it dinging for the hood so it may be a warning from the factory alarm that an entry sensor has been tripped, or perhaps that it believes there is a fault with an entry sensor. Sometimes it wouldn't even wait until I opened a door... it would ding when I pressed the external button to unlock.

Always been 100% stock from programming to hardware.

Per 2016 Owner's manual the Sync system will warn you via Sync Message Center if the battery for the key fob gets low. Wouldn't bother with a battery without there being a message there.

Will chime if anything is open, doors, hood, hatch.
Will also chime if windows are not fully up.
Is not related to the FOB as I tested with and without the FOB in range, same results.

HTH

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seems like I remember it once dinging upon approach one time with the windows up. Another time only after I pressed the unlock button. I could barely hear/notice the ding when the windows were up. Other times were after I opened the door. It may have been chiming at regular or irregular intervals all night... wasn't around to hear of course.

Some may find this interesting:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11609-Set-Off-the-Alarm
Seems like a logic bug.

Yeah could be something else, just wanted all to know the windows will trigger it too.

I noticed it because I started leaving my windows cracked in the summer.

Yeah could be something else, just wanted all to know the windows will trigger it too.

I noticed it because I started leaving my windows cracked in the summer.
Wish I could shut mine up.
Although I do sometimes leave the sunroof popped up when it's hot it will ding a good dozen times when I start the car with the door open.
I open the door to vent the car when it's HOT and setting the A/C for the moment. REALLY sucks hearing all the dings!!! Sunroof open or not.

No sunroof here, but you would think if they thought it was so important that it needed a warning chime they would at least tell us what it was warning us about.[rant]

XanRules

I've seen a number of threads about this - I found them while trying to figure my own little issue out.

In my case, for some reason, the car thought my sunroof was still open - BUT - if you just can't figure it out and it's annoying you, you can turn this chime off in the "Vehicle" menu on the touchscreen. There's an option to turn off both "informational" chimes and "urgent" chimes.

EDIT 11/7: just had the sunroof worked on and the chimes came back. Went into the menu and turned these both off and then back on. Problem went away.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Let's see if I can re-put together what I did to resolve this.

Ignition on, Door closed, inside the vehicle - lock unlock on the dash, lock unlock on the remote.
Ignition off, Door closed, inside the vehicle - lock unlock on the dash, lock unlock on the remote.
Ignition on, Door opened, inside the vehicle - lock unlock on the dash, lock unlock on the remote.
Ignition off, Door opened, inside the vehicle - lock unlock on the dash, lock unlock on the remote.

Ignition off, Door open, outside the vehicle - lock unlock on the remote. (door handle does nothing)
Ignition off, Door closed, outside the vehicle - lock unlock on the door handle, lock unlock on the remote.

I think that about sums it up. Problem went away. Suspect it has something to do with the factory alarm system.

Engine was off the whole time, IIRC.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Well that's way more steps than necessary.

Here's how to get rid of the 3 chimes:

Open door.

Sit down.

Push start button without pressing in the clutch. It won't start.

Turn off ignition.

Done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seems like I would've done that, just in the course of closing the moon roof... minus the open door part. If it works, good work. [thumb]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
..............the car thought my sunroof was open..... Went into the menu and turned these both off and then back on. Problem went away. .......................... it's annoying you, you can turn this chime off in the "Vehicle" menu on the touchscreen. There's an option to turn off both "informational" chimes and "urgent" chimes. ....................
Just a note, if you leave "informational" chime off, it discontinues warning you that you left your parking lights on. If something as important as that is considered "informational" and not "urgent"....

EDIT: Then again, maybe it only warns with the driver door. I was testing this with only the passenger door open.

OP
S
Thread Starter #59
I still get this because apparently I hit the power button enough with the door open that it just constantly chimes sometimes. I've just learned to live with it because I'm too lazy to try and resolve it before it goes away. I usually just mock it by imitating the chime. Makes me feel better anyway. [hihi]

Well that's way more steps than necessary.

Here's how to get rid of the 3 chimes:

Open door.

Sit down.

Push start button without pressing in the clutch. It won't start.

Turn off ignition.

Done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
And now I have the annoying three chime issue on my 2018, just in the last 200 miles.

I'll try this remedy and report back.

I'm really grateful for the thread (searched forum on "chime".)