Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There was a guy on one of the FiST forums that installed the DHM intercooler with crash bar and I think during his YouTube video he he say 20-40f increase in coolant temps during hard driving then before the install. As a result of reduced air flow to the radiator he installed the Mishimoto radiator which brought temps just below stock levels. Yes the DHM intercooler gave really low Delta temps for the intercooler but the coolant system paid the price. Again the difference between bar and plate (DHM) and tube and fin (mountune and mishimoto).
^^^OK, thanks for that. [thumb]

I am hoping that by the time I go to anything which requires the DHM Race IC/crash bar setup (IF ever), someone else BESIDES Mishi has a top line radiator out for these cars, which has the potential to drop the coolant temps even more yet. (I now REFUSE to pay Mishi's price for a Sino made radiator! [nono]). [wink]

^^^OK, thanks for that. [thumb]

I am hoping that by the time I go to anything which requires the DHM Race IC/crash bar setup (IF ever), someone else BESIDES Mishi has a top line radiator out for these cars, which has the potential to drop the collant temps even more yet. (I now REFUSE to pay Mishi's price for a Sino made radiator! [nono]). [wink]
THMotorSports has them on-sale $537.61 free shipping and use their promo code mishi for extra 10% Off All Mishimoto Radiators, Fans, shrouds, caps etc. It was a good deal imo
https://thmotorsports.com/mishimoto/mishimoto-radiators-performance/mmradfist14k/i-2295074.aspx

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I've seen various radiators for the Ecoboost Stangs listed for about HALF of that price!!!

STILL way too much for a mainland China made part. [nono]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Received my CPE Intercooler today, took advantage of the 4 birds sale (20% off, what a deal!). Ordered on Saturday (they were closed), processed on Monday and received it today (IL) from MD. Pretty quick turnaround. Everything was nicely packaged. The quality looks amazing and I cannot wait to get this installed. The finish looks really good and almost has a slight sparkle to it. I have their intake on my car which is also great quality and it's nice supporting a small business that makes everything in house.

My only gripe is there were some shavings in one of the end tanks and the logo peeled off with some of the packaging, it seems like maybe the paint didn't dry entirely before they packaged it. Maybe [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3990]cp-e Ron[/MENTION] can send me a stencil? As far as the shavings, what is the best method to get this out, compressed air or can you run water through it? These gripes are very small and easily fixable.

Overall I am very happy with the quality and the way it looks. I probably won't install this until after the winter when I get a new tune but I will be sure to post some data on it. Right now I am seeing charge temps of over 40*F on the stock unit.

CPE IC 1.jpg CPE ENDTANKS.jpg CPE LOGO.jpg CPE SHAVING.jpg

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Received my CPE Intercooler today, took advantage of the 4 birds sale (20% off, what a deal!). Ordered on Saturday (they were closed), processed on Monday and received it today (IL) from MD. Pretty quick turnaround. Everything was nicely packaged. The quality looks amazing and I cannot wait to get this installed. The finish looks really good and almost has a slight sparkle to it. I have their intake on my car which is also great quality and it's nice supporting a small business that makes everything in house.

My only gripe is there were some shavings in one of the end tanks and the logo peeled off with some of the packaging, it seems like maybe the paint didn't dry entirely before they packaged it. Maybe [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3990]cp-e Ron[/MENTION] can send me a stencil? As far as the shavings, what is the best method to get this out, compressed air or can you run water through it? These gripes are very small and easily fixable.

Overall I am very happy with the quality and the way it looks. I probably won't install this until after the winter when I get a new tune but I will be sure to post some data on it. Right now I am seeing charge temps of over 40*F on the stock unit.

View attachment 12518 View attachment 12519 View attachment 12520 View attachment 12521
the instructions should have a section saying for ?optimal fitment? you may have to slightly file/sand down the inside edges of the front bumper where they touch the endtanks. There is a picture there as well.
As for a stencil, cp-e will send me one so I can forward a .pdf for people to print out on their own to correct a faded logo

The owners are speaking with the packing guys today about making sure they wait longer after spray painting before they begin packing on all of the intercoolers. In addition, they are going to begin protecting the front side of the intercooler with plastic wrap while packing as well as an extra measure against paint peeling.

hope that helps!

if you want the .pfd of the stencil, PM me

-Ron

the instructions should have a section saying for ?optimal fitment? you may have to slightly file/sand down the inside edges of the front bumper where they touch the endtanks. There is a picture there as well.
As for a stencil, cp-e will send me one so I can forward a .pdf for people to print out on their own to correct a faded logo

The owners are speaking with the packing guys today about making sure they wait longer after spray painting before they begin packing on all of the intercoolers. In addition, they are going to begin protecting the front side of the intercooler with plastic wrap while packing as well as an extra measure against paint peeling.

hope that helps!

if you want the .pfd of the stencil, PM me

-Ron
Thanks for the info! Glad to see they are acting on it for future purchases. I appreciate you offering to send a pdf of the stencil, but I only have access to a printer at work with standard printing paper, and would rather not attempt to cut the stencil out, I will reach out to them to see if they can send me one directly.

Got my depo racing intercooler today. Got to install it this week. Quality looks great especially for the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Whatever you do, please don't buy this pos ic, no matter how cheap it maybe[emoji23][emoji23]

Check out the 2jR thread for deets!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks for the info! Glad to see they are acting on it for future purchases. I appreciate you offering to send a pdf of the stencil, but I only have access to a printer at work with standard printing paper, and would rather not attempt to cut the stencil out, I will reach out to them to see if they can send me one directly.
they won't
I'm spekaing on behalf of cp-e Quasar

they won't
I'm spekaing on behalf of cp-e Quasar
So you would send a PDF of the stencil and I print it out and cut it by hand? I'm guessing it would be best to use an exacto knife or razor and construction paper to make my own stencil. It would be nice if they could send one directly, they previously offered to do that in another post that they created.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
So you would send a PDF of the stencil and I print it out and cut it by hand? I'm guessing it would be best to use an exacto knife or razor and construction paper to make my own stencil. It would be nice if they could send one directly, they previously offered to do that in another post that they created.
send me your email address via PM
I'll email the .pdf

After lots of consideration, I decided to go with the cp-e FMIC. Got a great price thanks to [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]! If anyone is looking to buy parts, I highly suggest checking to see if he has it. Best prices available!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
After lots of consideration, I decided to go with the cp-e FMIC. Got a great price thanks to [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]! If anyone is looking to buy parts, I highly suggest checking to see if he has it. Best prices available!
This x10

DaveG99

I installed my depo racing intercooler last Saturday. Hard to beat the bang for your buck at $329 shipped.

Here's an update on my Mountune intercooler.

With 63F ambient here are my peak temps pushing the car 10/10ths during a 20min track session this weekend. I'm not really sure if 145.6F (82.6F over ambient) is good or bad for sustained ass hauling...

I fail to see how Mountune's $800 intercooler is even remotely better than stock. That's pretty awful.

However... your car didn't overheat which is good maybe the mountune cooler really doesn't compromise radiator cooling flow. But it seems an oil cooler would do wonders for this car on track days.

P.S. 26 psi damn that's high

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
That seems pretty bad but I don't know if people have done extensive track testing on these intercoolers rather than just comparing datalogs from 3rd gear pulls.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
That seems pretty bad but I don't know if people have done extensive track testing on these intercoolers rather than just comparing datalogs from 3rd gear pulls.
If anyone is keeping track of numbers, it's Accel Junky.

He's tracking his ride and it does not look promising for the Mountune FMIC.