Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VTT X Panda Motorworks Cast Fiesta ST Turbo upgrade

felopr

Looks promising, subed [MENTION=7953]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION] looks like you could fit a IWG75 in that turbo, would you be testing with a upgraded wastegate also to find the sweet spot spring?
Also, do you have any compressor map you can share to see if you can?
thanks

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Really looking forward to this. Great price. I still have the pics saved in my phone from the previous thread.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
VargasTurboTech
Thread Starter #26
Looks promising, subed [MENTION=7953]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION] looks like you could fit an IWG75 in that turbo, would you be testing with an upgraded wastegate also to find the sweet spot spring?
Also, do you have any compressor map you can share to see if you can?
thanks
Yes, we will be testing with the wastegate that we provide with the unit, which will be using an upgraded spring, we can also test with the IWG75 as well.

I also have a turbosmart w/g so I would be interested in using that. Hope all goes well with testing. Looks good and pricing does seem fair.

I have been reading this forum for a few months scouting for experiences with different parts. I had to register after seeing this thread. Super excited! I've been researching a turbo upgrade for a month, but have yet to find the one. I want a good bump in power, reliability, quick spool and stock appearance. This seems to be exactly what I have been dreaming of! :)

My cars factory warranty does not expire until june, so the timing of this seems to be spot on 😀

I will be following this like a hawk

[MENTION=7953]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION] Is there somewhere I can follow the process in more detail?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
"Plug, and play, no changes needed to ANY plumbing, water, oil, or downpipe."

Wow. Sounds awesome. Pardon my ignorance, but I assume it would need a tune?

OP
VargasTurboTech
Thread Starter #32
[MENTION=7953]VargasTurboTech[/MENTION] Is there somewhere I can follow the process in more detail?
This is the place! Right now we are in a holding pattern waiting for the production sample to arrive. Once we begin testing, all results etc will be posted here!

OP
VargasTurboTech
Thread Starter #33
"Plug, and play, no changes needed to ANY plumbing, water, oil, or downpipe."

Wow. Sounds awesome. Pardon my ignorance, but I assume it would need a tune?
A tune would be needed, this is correct

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thankfully if I do this upgrade Panda is only an hour and a half away from me.

sub'd. I love the idea of getting to keep my stock turbo and all the plumbing can stay. So tempted to just say "to hell with the warranty" but....

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks like the best bang for the buck, for those of us looking for a nice boost. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
....upgrades to all factory internals removing many of the issues causing premature failures on hybrids....
I was about to pull the trigger on the MRX but this statement caught my eye. Like most of us I want stock spool, more top end and reliability. Reliability is most important to me because my car is generally used on track. Admittedly, I have little knowledge of turbo construction and technology. It seems the MRX Garrett GT2554R core is more reliable than existing Hybrids, but I don't know exactly why. Would you care to elaborate on the specific changes you made to ensure a more reliable hybrid than others? Will this turbo be appropriate (at the 300HP level) for heavy track use? Thanks for your patience with a turbo newb.

Business6

Plug, and play, no changes needed to ANY plumbing, water, oil, or downpipe. NO Core charges, keep you stock core, sell it, put the car back to stock, etc. 100% stock appearing from the outside, have no issues passing dealership inspections. Every VTT turbo comes with a 1 year unlimited milage warranty.
That's a hell of an approach. Keep up the good work and looking forward to future posts!