Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-e cold side pipe w/tial flange

Just curious to know if anyone else is running this cold side charge pipe on our cars. I wanted to run this setup and get rid of my turbosmart bov. I haven't purchased the tial bov yet but I've heard that having a stiffer cold charge pipe isn't good for our cars. If anyone can chime in that's running this would be much appreciated. Cheers!

I know CP-E Mitch has been running it for a while. Sounded damn good when I rode in his car. He didn't mention any issues, but I'm sure he'll chime in.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I have the mistumto cold pipe. I had a friend weld the sound sym thing shut and I put a 1/8" npt fitting in it.

If I was going to do it again, I'd go
cp-e because they have a meth injection port the way it comes.
I also added a tial BOV to my cold pipe. But it's big time in the way of oil changes lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I know CP-E Mitch has been running it for a while. Sounded damn good when I rode in his car. He didn't mention any issues, but I'm sure he'll chime in.
Thanks for the input man. I trust the stuff they put out because it's awesome what they make for our cars but I heard from a very reputable person that it's not good for our cars. I hope he can chime in because I still wanna run the tial bov with this pipe.

I don't understand how having a stiffer cold charge pipe would be bad for the car. While I would highly suggest having an upgraded RMM when doing ANY hard charge pipes, the silicone couplers should make up for any engine movement .

a few benefits of the charge pipe :
- Tbolt clamps and 5 ply silicone really help prevent boost leaks
-This pipe deletes the sound symposer. Why add the SS fittings when most delete them anyways.
-CNC map and vacuum line connections, hand tig welded. Tial and/or HKS flanges are also CNC and tig welded.
-CNC mandrel bent pipe
-Meth bungs welded in and plugs are included. Having them welded in is the safest way. Some people tap or do bulkhead style fittings that arent as reliable as a welded fitting. When you tap there isn't enough thickness to the pipe to get it in there safely.

We include a spec'ed out spring already in the BOV (for the tial). Both the TIAL and the HKS sound way different in the fiesta ST than on other cars, and I believe it is because the turbo is so small. The HKS is SUPER loud and the tial is also higher pitched. The still sound cool, but thats a matter of opinion.

For the install make sure that the pipe is all the way in at the throttle body, almost to the point that its butting up against the throttle body inside the coupler. When you go to do your next oil change, you will understand why.

I have been running both charge pipes for about 15k miles. No issues to report.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, here or PM's welcome.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
I don't understand how having a stiffer cold charge pipe would be bad for the car. While I would highly suggest having an upgraded RMM when doing ANY hard charge pipes, the silicone couplers should make up for any engine movement .

-This pipe deletes the sound symposer. Why add the SS fittings when most delete them anyways.
-CNC map and vacuum line connections, hand tig welded. Tial and/or HKS flanges are also CNC and tig welded.
-CNC mandrel bent pipe
-Meth bungs welded in and plugs are included. Having them welded in is the safest way. Some people tap or do bulkhead style fittings that arent as reliable as a welded fitting. When you tap there isn't enough thickness to the pipe to get it in there safely.

We include a spec'ed out spring already in the BOV (for the tial). Both the TIAL and the HKS sound way different in the fiesta ST than on other cars, and I believe it is because the turbo is so small. The HKS is SUPER loud and the tial is also higher pitched. The still sound cool, but thats a matter of opinion.

For the install make sure that the pipe is all the way in at the throttle body, almost to the point that its butting up against the throttle body inside the coupler. When you go to do your next oil change, you will understand why.

Thank you @cp-emitch. I wanted to go with this setup because I saw a video saying that the best place to mount the bov is right before the throttle body. Not sure how true that is but I wanted to run a tial bov on my car anyways and get rid of the turbosmart bov because of future plans I have with the car.

I have a MBRB Hotside pipe with TIAL Q BOV on it. Ran it on stock turbo and on my Cyborg all together well over 10k MILES. Sounded amazing. I loved it.
Still have it and want to get ride of it if you change your mind as I no longer have the car..let me know.

-CNC mandrel bent pipe

I ended up buying my cold side second hand was wondering what spring should I have in the Tial?

Stock Turbo incase that matters

Thanks!

Have this installed for over 20k miles, don't know the spring for tial as it was used. Smooth out and added maybe 1psi. Installing it was a pita though if you have tiny jack stands ????

OP
D
Thread Starter #13
Have this installed for over 20k miles, don't know the spring for tial as it was used. Smooth out and added maybe 1psi. Installing it was a pita though if you have tiny jack stands ????
I have pretty tall jack stands and when I install it the whole front end will be off so it won't be too much of an issue. I hope :/

So I'm new to all this and have a question... When switching to this setup, the old bov gets removed from the turbo? Is there a block off plate in this kit or do we need to source one of those seperately... Also, our oem valve has a wiring pigtail going to it. How do we get away with unplugging the stock one and not showing a CEL?

So I'm new to all this and have a question... When switching to this setup, the old bov gets removed from the turbo? Is there a block off plate in this kit or do we need to source one of those seperately... Also, our oem valve has a wiring pigtail going to it. How do we get away with unplugging the stock one and not showing a CEL?
The setup includes a block off plate system.

You just need to zip tie the wire out of the way. No CEL.

Thank you!

Great. BOV included in the kit or purchased seperately?
The BOV can be sold as a package on our website and through our dealers. The TiAL only adds 200 to the price (retail) and comes preloaded with the correct spring. The package also comes with our "MAPtap" which is a boost reference adapter that sandwhiches with the map sensor in the manifold. Also comes with vacuum line to attach it. From what I can tell it is the only one that actually fits under the engine cover.

Hey Mitch, you guys sell the block off plate alone ?
If so, how much? And where can I buy it?
Currently we do not. If you would like, you can PM me and we can talk about it. Thanks!

Tony

-CNC mandrel bent pipe

CP-E Mitch Do you know if both hot and cold side fit to any FMIC because I want them with the HKS BOV but I have the gold mishimoto intercooler?