Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New for 2018 Garrett G2560R

I appreciate all the info Mitch for sure! The 0.49 would be perfect for my goal of 400-450 whp and if it barely gets to 400 whp, I can just lower the boost 1-2 psi and spray a 35-50 shot pre turbo. A solid 400whp with minimal lag would be ideal. Also historically CP-E kits are hella expensive, while I appreciate the enthusiasm for the turbo I'll probably stick with the ATP kit which I can usually get for $2k from most vendors unless you were to offer it with a header for $2,500~ I'm looking to stay internally gated this time vs my external gtx3071r on my focus. Also don't take that in a bad way, CP-E makes some high quality stuff. I had the intercooler on a fusion titanium I played with for a month. It was easy to install and top notch quality (also expensive) I'm very cheap when it comes to parts and I'm sure one day it will come back to bite me.
I notice you use the term expensive twice. lol. I can go on all day on ATP vs Atmosphere kit for the Focus. If you compare apples to apples do an EWG (which uses a MVS vs MVR on Atmosphere) ATP kit and dumptube and a downpipe (ours includes a downpipe specific to the kit) the price isnt as terrible as you would think, plus most of our vendors usually add 5% off and free shipping. It is what it is though.

To put the proper vocabulary on it, the g25 has a larger trim wheel for both sides, which is known to have worse spool but more flow than a smaller trim wheel, sorta like AR on the exhaust housing. Im anxious to see what garrett comes out with IWG wise for the turbo. I am already running a prototype exhaust manifold, but adding a EWG to that would be a challenge. You can always weld a EWG onto the turbine housing too. I still don't think its in the cards right now for us to do anything fiesta wise with the g25. I do agree 100%. 0.49 housing g25 should still be good for 400+whp which is more than enough for the fiesta.

Thanks for running our parts on the fusion, man!

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #63
I notice you use the term expensive twice. lol. I can go on all day on ATP vs Atmosphere kit for the Focus. If you compare apples to apples do an EWG (which uses a MVS vs MVR on Atmosphere) ATP kit and dumptube and a downpipe (ours includes a downpipe specific to the kit) the price isnt as terrible as you would think, plus most of our vendors usually add 5% off and free shipping. It is what it is though.

To put the proper vocabulary on it, the g25 has a larger trim wheel for both sides, which is known to have worse spool but more flow than a smaller trim wheel, sorta like AR on the exhaust housing. Im anxious to see what garrett comes out with IWG wise for the turbo. I am already running a prototype exhaust manifold, but adding a EWG to that would be a challenge. You can always weld a EWG onto the turbine housing too. I still don't think its in the cards right now for us to do anything fiesta wise with the g25. I do agree 100%. 0.49 housing g25 should still be good for 400+whp which is more than enough for the fiesta.

Thanks for running our parts on the fusion, man!
yea no, it's nothing against CP-E you guys make amazing stuff. I'm just cheap as hell LOL. If you guys could make an atomosphere kit in the 3800 price range with a gen 2 gtx2860r and spool by 3500 I'm sure it'd sell great.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm just going to come out and say this....these look eerily similar to the MRX that they did for mountune....I mean look at the surge housing and the wheel......just saying.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #66
I'm just going to come out and say this....these look eerily similar to the MRX that they did for mountune....I mean look at the surge housing and the wheel......just saying.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The mrx flows enough air for 300whp. The G25-550 flows enough air for 500+whp.

I'm currently working with a vendor to have a prototype G25-550 turbokit made for the fiesta with more information in the next 4 weeks. Pricing will be around $4,000 for a full kit including downpipe, manifold, wastegate, turbo and required oil lines.

Last edited:
pwnall, any chance of that vendor being local? I'm really wanting to try this turbo on my boosted NA, but the turbo miata crowd is heavily biased towards the EFR series. I don't have any fab ability really, so I'd need a local shop to build a mani and dp for it, or at the very least a dp and lines.

i should update my profile.. I'm actually in SA

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #68
pwnall, any chance of that vendor being local? I'm really wanting to try this turbo on my boosted NA, but the turbo miata crowd is heavily biased towards the EFR series. I don't have any fab ability really, so I'd need a local shop to build a mani and dp for it, or at the very least a dp and lines.

i should update my profile.. I'm actually in SA
[MENTION=8550]Meowoosh[/MENTION] I'm working with pumaspeed on the kit. For your miata let me redirect you to my good friend Erwin, dude is a beast. He's here in san antonio which is close for you.

https://www.facebook.com/blacksmithfab/

Tell him Tim Pownall Sent you.