Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best RMM available?

cxwrench

And installed. After the car is on jackstands it's about a 10 min job. Now to go for a drive.

ETA: Changed to Motul 300 at the same time.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OK, eBay has a 15% off everything until 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern today and I can get the Torque Solutions (70a) for $99 shipped... or I can wait and get a lightly used Cobb (only 2k miles on it) from a local forum member soon for perhaps the same or less... Look for good improvement over stock but not excessive vibes... TIA for any advice!

borborpa

Premium Account
My AWR 70 arrived from Whoosh Wednesday, installing it tomorrow. Accessport should be here Monday. Can't wait!!!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
My AWR 70 arrived from Whoosh Wednesday, installing it tomorrow. Accessport should be here Monday. Can't wait!!!
Enjoy! I was surprised at home much torque is unleashed even with the the Cobb OTS tunes, but as far as RMM, the Torque Solutions that I'm looking at is a 70a, I assume that's what the AWR 70 means, 70a durometer?

borborpa

Premium Account

danbfree

3000 Post Club

cxwrench

The AWR 70a durometer is great. Just did a couple quick drives around town and some highway miles. It's definitely noticeable. It does boom a bit on start-up, and you feel some vibration between 1000-1700/1800rpm but it's not bad and depending on how you let the clutch out you can minimize the feeling. The car feels more 'race car' now. At this point I notice it all the time but not in a bad way at all...I like the feeling. I have read every thread I can fine and I'm still surprised at how good it feels. I changed to Motul 300 at the same time and the shifting is definitely a bit smoother, some gears more than others, but worth it for sure. Now I need to do the symposer delete and a Thermal cat back. And maybe some springs. And...and...[wrenchin]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

danbfree

3000 Post Club

borborpa

Premium Account
Installed my AWR 70a today. It's amazing how much of a difference a single part can make!! It feels so much better on the road. I've noticed a little vibration here or there, but nothing drastic at all. I'm sure within a few days I won't notice it at all. I loved that this RMM has the bracket on it, made the installation a breeze!!

Aye, I have the mid-range AWR and it is about as stiff as I want to go. If I didn't have a turbo in my plans, I would have ordered the softest AWR. They are great mounts. Great prices, and everyone loves CHOICES!

Anyone running the AET voodoo mount yet? I'm looking to remove my mountune and am trying to decide between this and the Revo mount.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Anything is better than the stock mount really! [like]
Well, you have a pre or early '16 it looks like too, the stock was upgraded pretty decently, but still: A FWD car needs a stiff mount to keep traction down anyway... it's a matter of either standing the vibrations, raising the idle a bit to help with that or putting up with wheel hop... I received my Torque Solutions, it's a clone of a Cobb but instead of one soft (68a) and one stiffer (75a I think) secondary bushing, this one is dual 75a, so I'm hoping it's just the right balance!

Well, you have a pre or early '16 it looks like too, the stock was upgraded pretty decently, but still: A FWD car needs a stiff mount to keep traction down anyway... it's a matter of either standing the vibrations, raising the idle a bit to help with that or putting up with wheel hop... I received my Torque Solutions, it's a clone of a Cobb but instead of one soft (68a) and one stiffer (75a I think) secondary bushing, this one is dual 75a, so I'm hoping it's just the right balance!
I want to say to people that might be afraid of vibration (and I might have said it before), I have the AWR 88a and while there was some vibrations after I installed it, after not even 5000km* I don't really feel any vibration anymore. Idle is same as before.

As far as I'm concerned, I have all of the upside of a stiffer mount with basically none of the downside.

* I'm saying 5000km, but it's most likely much less than that. It went away smoothly and I eventually realized there was no more vibration and I've done at least 5000km since installing it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I want to say to people that might be afraid of vibration (and I might have said it before), I have the AWR 88a and while there was some vibrations after I installed it, after not even 5000km* I don't really feel any vibration anymore. Idle is same as before.

As far as I'm concerned, I have all of the upside of a stiffer mount with basically none of the downside.

* I'm saying 5000km, but it's most likely much less than that. It went away smoothly and I eventually realized there was no more vibration and I've done at least 5000km since installing it.
Right on, from what others are saying too sounds like they all partially break in/settle in after a couple thousand miles / 3500km...