Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New tune version 4.0 available!

Trader history for danbfree (0)

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #101
Just ordered my AP and tune 4.0 today. Can’t wait to get it, oh and I still need another 350 miles before I’ve completed the run in process :)
I'm just started feeling fully broke in at about 3500 miles, been tuned since 2000, about half Cobb since, half Stratified 3.1. Did my first oil change at 1500 miles hasn't burned a drop even with "spirited" driving in the now 2300 since... Boy, are you in for a treat on how much quicker the car gets without any added hardware :)

So you are only at 650 miles? Yeah, wait until at least 1,000 for the tune and change your oil at 1,500-2,000 with any full synthetic, then up to you but with direct injection it's better to change oil with decent full synthetic every 5,000 than push it with expensive oil.

I'm just started feeling fully broke in at about 3500 miles, been tuned since 2000, about half Cobb since, half Stratified 3.1. Did my first oil change at 1500 miles hasn't burned a drop even with "spirited" driving in the now 2300 since... Boy, are you in for a treat on how much quicker the car gets without any added hardware :)

So you are only at 650 miles? Yeah, wait until at least 1,000 for the tune and change your oil at 1,500-2,000 with any full synthetic, then up to you but with direct injection it's better to change oil with decent full synthetic every 5,000 than push it with expensive oil.
Yep 650 miles. I’ll be waiting until it’s run in before putting the tune on, probably wait until the first oil change to be honest. I’m not going down the slippery slope of modifications on this car. My old GC8 WRX had enough mods and a self tuned Link ECU ... don’t have the time or patience to do it all over again.

Heard lots of good things about Stratified so went with them for my simple (yet effective change).

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #103
Yep 650 miles. I’ll be waiting until it’s run in before putting the tune on, probably wait until the first oil change to be honest. I’m not going down the slippery slope of modifications on this car. My old GC8 WRX had enough mods and a self tuned Link ECU ... don’t have the time or patience to do it all over again.

Heard lots of good things about Stratified so went with them for my simple (yet effective change).
Yep, once you realize our cars are limited quite a bit by the stock turbo but yet the tune does so much, it's an OK place to stop at! :)

Yep, once you realize our cars are limited quite a bit by the stock turbo but yet the tune does so much, it's an OK place to stop at! :)
Very true. Just like the stock GC8 WRX was too.

AP arrived today, filled out the tuning form and supplied all information back to Stratified. Had to install the stage 0 tune to get the required info, then de-installed. I want to rock the full stock tune until the run-in has been completed.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
Very true. Just like the stock GC8 WRX was too.

AP arrived today, filled out the tuning form and supplied all information back to Stratified. Had to install the stage 0 tune to get the required info, then de-installed. I want to rock the full stock tune until the run-in has been completed.
Stage 0 IS stock, without having to uninstall back and forth, etc.. besides, it's more important to warm your oil to 160 degrees before giving it full boost than worrying about the break in period that literally just says to avoid steady engine speeds for too long with absolutely no other limitations...

I ordered the 4.0 flash tune version update along with the E30 high torque feature. On May 22 I received information on how to take logs so my tune can be refined. I haven't been able to take the logs yet. I received the 4.0 update today but I don't know if I should load the new tune and then take logs or if I need to take logs first before I update to 4.0. What has everyone else in this situation been doing?

Thanks,

George

redmoe

I ordered the 4.0 flash tune version update along with the E30 high torque feature. On May 22 I received information on how to take logs so my tune can be refined. I haven't been able to take the logs yet. I received the 4.0 update today but I don't know if I should load the new tune and then take logs or if I need to take logs first before I update to 4.0. What has everyone else in this situation been doing?

Thanks,

George
I ordered the same option. I received the request for data logs on 5/14. Sent the logs in the night of 5/14. Received a new file 5/18 (file name still had v3.x in it). Sent in the follow up logs of the new file 5/21. I asked if the version in my new file was a typo of if I was going to get on final update file after the reviewed my last set of logs (5/21). I still have not heard back. I figure I should hear back from them soon as it takes around 5 days to get a response and there was a holiday weekend.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108

Thanks,

George
Definitely use the new tune as a base, that will be what they literally tweak with your logs.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
I ordered the same option. I received the request for data logs on 5/14. Sent the logs in the night of 5/14. Received a new file 5/18 (file name still had v3.x in it). Sent in the follow up logs of the new file 5/21. I asked if the version in my new file was a typo of if I was going to get on final update file after the reviewed my last set of logs (5/21). I still have not heard back. I figure I should hear back from them soon as it takes around 5 days to get a response and there was a holiday weekend.
Oh man, you're STILL waiting? I think Alex, the main guy, posted here, maybe he will see this and help you...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
So quick review as a version update to 4.0:

Got my file today and loaded it on my AP at work, so got to drive home and also runs some errands tonight... Definitely more refined, smooth, and even more powerful, I think they really fine tuned the heck out of the throttle mapping or something, the new file was even a few kb larger in file size, they definitely added refinement, not just tweak a few things, VERY impressed! If anyone is considering something more than Cobb but don't want to invest a lot, the latest tune at the old price of $50+ options is an amazing value and you get very, very nice gains right off the shelf without having to datalog if you don't want to, but can always do it later too.

redmoe

Oh man, you're STILL waiting? I think Alex, the main guy, posted here, maybe he will see this and help you...
Just to be clear I received the first high torque file in a very timely manner. Now I’m just waiting on either confirmation that the file I received is indeed v4 and has a typo or the final high torque updated to V4. I have been really happy with Stratifieds customer service and products. In fact I am currently debating picking up their throttle body aux fuel system.

Last edited:

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just to be clear I received the first high torque file in a very timely manner. Now I’m just waiting on either confirmation that the file I received is indeed v4 and has a typo or the final high torque updated to V4. I have been really happy with Stratifieds customer service and products. In fact I am currently debating picking up their throttle body aux fuel system.
Maybe you could check the file size as danbfree has said is larger than 3.0 ?

redmoe

Maybe you could check the file size as danbfree has said is larger than 3.0 ?
Good call, when I first noticed the file name being v3.x I compared the file sizes and the new one is much larger. That combined with the fact that it took 2 to 3 times longer to load has me leaning towards it being a typo in the file name.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
Good call, when I first noticed the file name being v3.x I compared the file sizes and the new one is much larger. That combined with the fact that it took 2 to 3 times longer to load has me leaning towards it being a typo in the file name.
Interesting, mine went from 49kb to 52kb and loaded in like a minute... then again, unfortunately e85 is not convenient at all for me so I'm stuck with 91 and 93 octane tunes.

I went ahead and loaded the updated tune that I received. Definitely smoother that before. Me likey! I can't wait to get my datalogs collected for the hight torque option.

Has anyone that looked at their datalogs for the E30 high torque option with regards to RPMs? I just took three logs and after starting the logging and letting the RPMs to drop to 2500 on the tach before going WOT, i don't see anything in the data lower than about 2750 RPM at WOT. How is everyone else doing their logging?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
Has anyone that looked at their datalogs for the E30 high torque option with regards to RPMs? I just took three logs and after starting the logging and letting the RPMs to drop to 2500 on the tach before going WOT, i don't see anything in the data lower than about 2750 RPM at WOT. How is everyone else doing their logging?
I think for any data logging I'd start at 2000, just to get it all and I doubt that's so low to cause any LSPI, right?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
There's a lag time of when it records. You can start it a little before the run no problem.

I always wait a good 3-5 seconds after starting the datalog before I go WOT. It may not start logging as soon as you click the button to start the logging.

I think for any data logging I'd start at 2000, just to get it all and I doubt that's so low to cause any LSPI, right?
IIRC Stratified suggests in their instructions not going WOT below 2,500 RPM.

redmoe

The folks at Stratified got back to me after reading my email and realizing that my version update and high torque refinement got out of order. I received my V4 file yesterday (1 day after they emailed me about the mixup). Awesome response time! I sent in the logs for the refinement of the v4 file last night.

So the process is V4 file, data log V4 pulls, email data logs, receive new high torque V4, send in final logs.

I spoke with the folks at Stratified over the phone to make sure I had everything in order. All I can say is that they are super nice and a pleasure to work with.